Chicago Seminars Oct 12-14, 2012

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2012, 9:32 am
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
overflow hotel rooms

Originally Posted by NewGuyinTheSky
I just tried to to book a room at the overflow hotel and it says there are no rooms available on those dates. Any other hotel suggestions?

UPDATE: I just added 25 room with and 25 rooms without breakfast per night at the overflow hotel. Let me know when those are gone

Rick

Last edited by ingy; Mar 22, 2012 at 9:50 am
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:36 am

Programs: united, american, alaska
Originally Posted by Frugal Travel Guy
UPDATE: I just added 25 room with and 25 rooms without breakfast per night at the overflow hotel. Let me know when those are gone
It is still telling me nothing is available on those nights.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
that was my read of balima's statement as well
Wrong. I will help out where ever needed. If I get a day off great. If not I'll save the personal day for later. BTW, balima is a she.

Just offering to help. I have put together all kinds of events and I know that often having someone on site early can offset all kind of potential problems or questions and I was seriously offering. But, if not needed early, I'll help out where the need is.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 8:14 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by balima
Wrong. I will help out where ever needed. If I get a day off great. If not I'll save the personal day for later. BTW, balima is a she.

Just offering to help. I have put together all kinds of events and I know that often having someone on site early can offset all kind of potential problems or questions and I was seriously offering. But, if not needed early, I'll help out where the need is.
Originally Posted by fti
SkiAdcock, I am not sure that balima would be so interested if he couldn't take a day off from work
Old Mar 22, 2012, 8:40 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP

Same here. Live close by.

Ingy, SkiAdcock....do we have a central "Registry" of volunteers ?
Old Mar 23, 2012, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
Sorry if the "Wrong" sounded snippy. I reread my reply and thought that it might. I did not mean for it to sound snippy or snarky or whatever. Just want to help. I had such a good time last year that I decided I would help out this time. Mr. Balima is coming too.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 7:21 pm
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum

Thanks for the offer to help. We are still 6 months from the event and have not solicited volunteers as of yet.

Will post in the thread when we get closer
Old Mar 25, 2012, 8:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Well I did do a call for volunteers for charity raffle already, but ingy gets first dibs on overall volunteers. Also did a call for items to be donated to the charity raffle.

Cheers.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 1:09 am

where to sign up for the individual sessions

Please tell me where i can sign up for the individual sessions. I can not find a link anywhere.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 1:13 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by mrshids
Please tell me where i can sign up for the individual sessions. I can not find a link anywhere.
http://chicagoseminars2012.eventbrite.com/
Old Mar 27, 2012, 7:55 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mrshids
Welcome to FT.

As part of the registration process at the Eventbrite web page noted above you will select the sessions you want to attend.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 1:51 pm

Programs: Nada :(
Edit:NM
Old Mar 27, 2012, 3:59 pm

Programs: AA PLT PRO, DL FO
Been checking both hotels obsessively over the past few weeks (both have been sold out) and just got a room at the HI Elk Grove! Wasn't going to make the trek to Chicago, but might have to now...
Old Mar 27, 2012, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by hhbean
Been checking both hotels obsessively over the past few weeks (both have been sold out) and just got a room at the HI Elk Grove! Wasn't going to make the trek to Chicago, but might have to now...
Sheraton suites is next to the overflow HI (the one with the Harry Carey restaurant). I would assume someone staying there could take the shuttle over to the host hotel. The rooms are pretty nice and all are suites with a separate living room with sofa bed and 2 flat screen TVs.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 7:37 am

Is $309 RT on AA from LAX to ORD a good price?

I am wondering if it will get any cheaper in the months to come. Anyone?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.