Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO/ORD/LAX/DFW AA Admirals Club MR DOs throughout January

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2012, 11:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold, HH Gold, National Executive, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jetsetr
I would agree that things are in flux. Normally, I'm a "wait-and-see-because-things-usually-work-out" kind of guy, so in this case, I am inclined to wait a least a couple of days.

But I have a few more runs coming up, including one tomorrow, but then not again until the end of January. My only concern with waiting too long is that it's easier to spot the likely "problem" now (and thus a little easier to explain it to the EXP desk) than it is after several other flights are added in (that may or may not undergo a sweep for a few weeks).

That's why I said in my OP that I wish AA.com would break out EQM earnings in a separate column on the same "flight line item." I mean, normally, Base miles flown equals EQMs, but in times when they have EQM promos, it would be good to have a separate column, just as the bonus RDM miles have.
I am in the same catch 22 as you. My numbers are not what was expected, and if I am wrong, would rather know now so I can book one last MR.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 11:26 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K, AA EXP, VS Silver, HY Diamond, HI Gold, SPG Gold
OTOH, since ALL of my flights are of the SFO-ORD-SFO variety, I agree that it should be fairly easy and logical to calculate (and explain to the EXP desk, if needed) the EQMs & RDMs I should have by the end of January:

(1846 x 2 x 3) = 11,076 x [# of r/t] = 2012 YTD EQM balance

(1846 x 2) = 3,692 x [# of r/t] = 2012 RDM bonuses from DEQ11

So, pulling back from DEFCON 1 to DEFCON 5, will wait until all runs are completed to see where the chips fall and the miles settle.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 11:30 pm

OTOH, since ALL of my flights are of the SFO-ORD-SFO variety, I agree that it should be fairly easy and logical to calculate (and explain to the EXP desk, if needed) the EQMs & RDMs I should have by the end of January:

(1846 x 2 x 3) = 11,076 x [# of r/t] = 2012 YTD EQM balance

(1846 x 2) = 3,692 x [# of r/t] = 2012 RDM bonuses from DEQ11

So, pulling back from DEFCON 1 to DEFCON 5, will wait until all runs are completed to see where the chips fall and the miles settle.
After just rereading your other post, I went back and had a second look at my data and finally calculated and matched to the exact mile on AA.com. I can confirm that you are correct with your #2 assumption:
TEQM for flights up to 1/12 (for SFO/ORD flights), DEQM only for flights from 1/13-1/15.
Hopefully that helps as a second data point!
Old Jan 17, 2012, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by carwag25
I am in the same catch 22 as you. My numbers are not what was expected, and if I am wrong, would rather know now so I can book one last MR.
Well, in my case, the math is easy enough to figure out since all of my flights are SFO-ORD-SFO, and all r/t occur in January during the TEQM (and only one occurs during the DEQM in February). I have no other AA flights booked (other than the OWMD charter, of course - look forward to meeting you!)

The extra conundrum that I was worried about in my situation (and I gather from yours, as well), is that IRROPS caused a rebooking onto UA for one of my segments. While I received ORC for the rebooked non-AA segment, my original PNR itinerary was changed to show an outbound segment on AA, but a return on UA. So a small part of me is worried that for this one r/t, that it won't be processed properly.

But regardless, I am confident of the math, so I think in my case, since I only have three more r/t to ORD, I'll just wait for the dust to settle, then make sure that all RDMs and EQMs square away. I still have last year's set of eight SWUs (good through 02/2013) sitting in my account, so it's not like I'm itching to get the next set of eight good through 02/2014 immediately.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by carwag25
After just rereading your other post, I went back and had a second look at my data and finally calculated and matched to the exact mile on AA.com. I can confirm that you are correct with your #2 assumption:
TEQM for flights up to 1/12 (for SFO/ORD flights), DEQM only for flights from 1/13-1/15.
Hopefully that helps as a second data point!
Thanks. Hmm, so that makes me wonder if in fact the IRROPS r/t was omitted from the sweep. That would make sense, going off of your data.

Still, I'll just wait until I finish my last three runs before I detail the discrepancy. I mean, with six more SFO-ORD segments, it's entirely possible (gulp!) that more IRROPS will occur.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 11:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold, IHG Plat, CC Gold
Woohoo made it to gold today with the sweep! Called the gold desk to switch all my seats to exit row... The agent seemed impressed that I hit gold so early, then after looking at my other tickets she said, "oh your doing that mileage run thing" lol... Exit rows are going to make the 3 back to back sfo-Ord-sfo ever so much more bearable.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 11:51 pm

Thanks. Hmm, so that makes me wonder if in fact the IRROPS r/t was omitted from the sweep. That would make sense, going off of your data.

Still, I'll just wait until I finish my last three runs before I detail the discrepancy. I mean, with six more SFO-ORD segments, it's entirely possible (gulp!) that more IRROPS will occur.
Will be interesting to find out if I run into the same problem since I had my return flight cancelled and booked on a CO flight.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:11 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
so far, 4 for 4 in upgrades. Although one flight cleared the day off.

Also just bought one more MR:
1575 DFW-SFO 25JAN 9:20 PM
2042 SFO-DFW 26JAN 12:25 AM
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:18 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 75K
Originally Posted by RedSox
Did it stay on after you rotated the plug?

You may be overloading the outlet. If it continues, try removing the battery (leaving it out) and reconnect and you should be able to run the laptop. You just can't run it and charge it at the same time. This used to happen with my old HP, I could charge it powered off no problem, as soon as I turned it on the power outlet would fail/trip.
Ahh, this make more sense, and more likely scenario. My laptop was most likely in full performance/power mode when I first plugged it in. Then when I was fiddling with it, but probably dropped to battery/low-power mode, thus reducing the current draw to the outlet, thus working. It was just the timing of me rotating the plug that perhaps caused me to misattributed how to get the outlet working.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:22 am

Programs: AA EXP
The DFW-SFO-DFW trips have been between $99 and $109 each way usually right up until the 7-day out mark. Trying to squeeze in another 3-4 the last week in January but looks like they are up to $159 each way.

Did they just jump? Any thoughts as to whether I should book now or give it a few days to see if it comes back down?
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:42 am

Programs: *G, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat, BW Plat
My TQMs posted today from my SFO-ORD segments on 1/9 and 1/10. No DRMs showing though. Probably just have to wait.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 4:51 am

Programs: AA G; TK E; HH D
Anyone at ORD AC this morning?
Old Jan 18, 2012, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
There was a big sweep overnight for me, but the numbers seem off. Anybody like a puzzle?

YTD Elite Qualifying Points 6,272
YTD Elite Qualifying Miles 28,043
YTD Elite Qualifying Segments 8
Miles Towards Elite Upgrades 3,692

I'll leave aside the fact that the number of EQMs should be even, since I have taken an even number of flights.

I have taken 3 RTs ORD-SFO, which is (1846*6)= 11076 BIS
Also a RT to LGA: (733+733)= 1466 BIS

No other flights this year. So the segments are right. They even got the separate Gold points bonus right as I crossed over on the 5th ORD-SFO trip (Challenge)

Total BIS is 12540. If doubled, that's 25080. Or going by the EQPs, it should be 6272*2 = 12544, which doubled is 25088.

So some part of the IL/TX/CA bonus has posted, I guess, but it's around 2950, and I can't figure that out. Also not sure about the "miles for elite upgrades" at 3692.

Last edited by toomanybooks; Jan 18, 2012 at 6:04 am
Old Jan 18, 2012, 6:20 am

Programs: AA
I received TEQM for 2x ORD-SFO-ORD, with the exception of 512 EQM per segment. This leaves me 2048 short of the expected 1846*12. Has anyone else seen this?
Old Jan 18, 2012, 6:26 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
There was a big sweep overnight for me, but the numbers seem off. Anybody like a puzzle?

YTD Elite Qualifying Points 6,272
YTD Elite Qualifying Miles 28,043
YTD Elite Qualifying Segments 8
Miles Towards Elite Upgrades 3,692

I'll leave aside the fact that the number of EQMs should be even, since I have taken an even number of flights.

I have taken 3 RTs ORD-SFO, which is (1846*6)= 11076 BIS
Also a RT to LGA: (733+733)= 1466 BIS

No other flights this year. So the segments are right. They even got the separate Gold points bonus right as I crossed over on the 5th ORD-SFO trip (Challenge)

Total BIS is 12540. If doubled, that's 25080. Or going by the EQPs, it should be 6272*2 = 12544, which doubled is 25088.

So some part of the IL/TX/CA bonus has posted, I guess, but it's around 2950, and I can't figure that out. Also not sure about the "miles for elite upgrades" at 3692.
I got all of my EQM. RDM is MIA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.