Reload this Page >

SFO/ORD/LAX/DFW AA Admirals Club MR DOs throughout January

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO/ORD/LAX/DFW AA Admirals Club MR DOs throughout January

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2012, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA PLT,VS Silver,SPG gold, Hilton, AMEX Plat, BA nothing.
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
start a new thread@:-)
if by meeting aspect you mean guesting, Community Buzz is not the place for a guesting thread.
There is a yahoo group for AC meet-ups. Link
Old Feb 28, 2012, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

start a new thread@:-)
Tough to instantly learn the etiquette of each individual forum. Sorry, I'm used to fora where consolidating threads (and posting to consolidated threads) is far preferable to starting new ones (including, of relevance here, the AA forum).
if by meeting aspect you mean guesting, Community Buzz is not the place for a guesting thread.
No, I myself do not mean guesting. By meeting I mean stuff like "I'm going to be in XXX airport on YY/ZZ at NN:MM, anyone want to meet?" I know some people expanded that into guesting, but I'd be interested in meeting FTers I know from online even if only at the gate! (I'm no so picky that I always have to be in an AC! )
Old Feb 28, 2012, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, Hertz 5*, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Tough to instantly learn the etiquette of each individual forum. Sorry, I'm used to fora where consolidating threads (and posting to consolidated threads) is far preferable to starting new ones (including, of relevance here, the AA forum).

No, I myself do not mean guesting. By meeting I mean stuff like "I'm going to be in XXX airport on YY/ZZ at NN:MM, anyone want to meet?" I know some people expanded that into guesting, but I'd be interested in meeting FTers I know from online even if only at the gate! (I'm no so picky that I always have to be in an AC! )
You might try posting to FlightConnect. You access it from the menu at the top of each page, under "Members." IIUC, it's more for people checking to see if other FTers are on their flight, but it's a start ...

Starting a new thread every time you're flying, or posting to some long, chaotic thread where loads of people are listing all kinds of times, airports, et cetera, probably won't be very useful. The reason it worked in January was because we were all flying between the same few cities, on the same small subset of flights.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 2millionquest
The reason it worked in January was because we were all flying between the same few cities, on the same small subset of flights.
It was the DEQ11 subset of cities/routes. And DEQ11 is still going on. Obviously, there's fewer people participating now that DEQAA (with which it stacked) is done, but I would assume some subset of the same people that were flying DEQ11 routes in January are still flying them in February and/or March.

That's why it seems to me that this thread is a better place than any other place I can think of for DEQ11 routes, while DEQ11 continues.

For other routes, or once DEQ11 is over, that'll be another story.

Anyway, for me this is more abstract than concrete at this point. I have only one more DEQ11-route flight booked, but it's an onward connection with not a lot of connection time, so not looking to "meet" anyway because of that.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, CO OnePass, UA
Originally Posted by sdsearch
It was the DEQ11 subset of cities/routes. And DEQ11 is still going on. Obviously, there's fewer people participating now that DEQAA (with which it stacked) is done, but I would assume some subset of the same people that were flying DEQ11 routes in January are still flying them in February and/or March.

That's why it seems to me that this thread is a better place than any other place I can think of for DEQ11 routes, while DEQ11 continues.

For other routes, or once DEQ11 is over, that'll be another story.

Anyway, for me this is more abstract than concrete at this point. I have only one more DEQ11-route flight booked, but it's an onward connection with not a lot of connection time, so not looking to "meet" anyway because of that.
I'm still doing DEQ11 from LAX red-eying into ORD and doing a same day Roundtrip from ORD to SFO before flying back into LAX that evening.

Mar 6/7
Mar 9/10
Mar 13/14
Mar 20/21
Old Mar 4, 2012, 6:44 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ThunderStorm00
I'm still doing DEQ11 from LAX red-eying into ORD and doing a same day Roundtrip from ORD to SFO before flying back into LAX that evening.

Mar 6/7
Mar 9/10
Mar 13/14
Mar 20/21
This thread is for discussions re: January runs, which are over. Thread will be closed if non-Jan discussions continue.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Really?

Last edited by Flyer_70; Mar 6, 2012 at 12:42 pm
Old Mar 9, 2012, 8:10 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 2millionquest
I gave up on trying to compile any further data because I couldn't get enough response from people who didn't finish giving me their data. I got tired of sending out PMs that were never answered, trying to get the rest of the data. Since what I have is a mish-mosh of partial data, it would be very time-consuming to filter out the people who didn't give me complete data from the people who did. I just do not have the time to basically redo everything I did in January.

If someone who is better with math than I am and who has more free time than I currently do wants to take what's in the OP, filter through it, and make more detailed stats, feel free. But as it stands now, there won't be anything further forthcoming from me.
Perhaps you would consider uploading your spreadsheet to Google Docs so others could access the data and see if they can mine it for trends. There are many excel junkies on FT.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K, AA EXP, VS Silver, HY Diamond, HI Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by HNL
Perhaps you would consider uploading your spreadsheet to Google Docs so others could access the data and see if they can mine it for trends. There are many excel junkies on FT.
+1
Old Mar 9, 2012, 8:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold
This thread is for discussions re: January runs, which are over. Thread will be closed if non-Jan discussions continue.
Why?

I used this thread a lot in Jan and met some people that I will stay in contact with. Then I used it again in Feb (I guess I got away with it). I helped a few newbies, and got some AC access too. More good contacts. Good for me.

The subset that is mentioned is pretty specific: mostly people that live in ORD, SFO, LAX, DFW; and that are savvy AA flyers; and that are open to really lucrative mileage runs. Even though there were 200 of us in Jan, and less now, we all have a lot in common.

In fact, a lot of these people might be interested in the dinners that you organize (and organize well-I like them!).

I see this as the perfect thread to finish out this AA promotion. What's the downside???

SW, give it another 3 weeks. I won't be using it, but it's really valuable to those that will.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by DBoy
Why?

I used this thread a lot in Jan and met some people that I will stay in contact with. Then I used it again in Feb (I guess I got away with it). I helped a few newbies, and got some AC access too. More good contacts. Good for me.

The subset that is mentioned is pretty specific: mostly people that live in ORD, SFO, LAX, DFW; and that are savvy AA flyers; and that are open to really lucrative mileage runs. Even though there were 200 of us in Jan, and less now, we all have a lot in common.

In fact, a lot of these people might be interested in the dinners that you organize (and organize well-I like them!).

I see this as the perfect thread to finish out this AA promotion. What's the downside???

SW, give it another 3 weeks. I won't be using it, but it's really valuable to those that will.

I don't even live in the same country as 98+% of the people and I participated....
Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:36 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by DBoy
Why? ... I see this as the perfect thread to finish out this AA promotion. What's the downside???
I don't have a horse in this race as I did all of my MRs for the year in January. However, here is what I think.

This thread was started with a specific purpose and therefore its title ("Admirals Club", "January", leaving out SNA, etc) is a bit too specialized and out-dated for future needs. The focus on January was in response to the exceptional overlap between DEQAA and DEQ11. Now DEQAA is gone, DEQ11 has been extended to June 30, a new city (SNA) has been added. Someone flying ORD-SNA in May, and with no interest in AC, will most likely not find this thread by searching.

However, as you said, the need to discuss fares, availability, upgrades, who will be on which flight, and what activities could be organized continues, and perhaps it would be best to start a new thread dedicated to DEQ11 promo.

(Experience also suggests it would be best to leave out the matter of guesting people into AC from public discussion. Those who know one another can coordinate privately. I still see a 30-day membership as the best option for most. The best $99 I spent in January.)
Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by aktchi
I don't have a horse in this race as I did all of my MRs for the year in January. However, here is what I think.

This thread was started with a specific purpose and therefore its title ("Admirals Club", "January", leaving out SNA, etc) is a bit too specialized and out-dated for future needs. The focus on January was in response to the exceptional overlap between DEQAA and DEQ11. Now DEQAA is gone, DEQ11 has been extended to June 30, a new city (SNA) has been added. Someone flying ORD-SNA in May, and with no interest in AC, will most likely not find this thread by searching.

However, as you said, the need to discuss fares, availability, upgrades, who will be on which flight, and what activities could be organized continues, and perhaps it would be best to start a new thread dedicated to DEQ11 promo.

(Experience also suggests it would be best to leave out the matter of guesting people into AC from public discussion. Those who know one another can coordinate privately. I still see a 30-day membership as the best option for most. The best $99 I spent in January.)
I used the SC in LAX in Jan.
There was a DM traveling alone.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 8:35 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by aktchi

Like this one http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...xt-6-30-a.html
Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:21 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
The present thread is in Community Buzz, which many find natural for organizing meetups and get-togethers. The above-mentioned one is in AAdvantage; I suppose it could be adapted, I see no downside to that unless purists object.

Last edited by aktchi; Mar 11, 2012 at 10:27 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.