Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO/ORD/LAX/DFW AA Admirals Club MR DOs throughout January

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2012, 5:30 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
MR Alaska Style

Stumbled on this rather long write up from a " non deqm promos" MR.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...e-running.html
Old Feb 24, 2012, 6:35 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K, AA EXP, VS Silver, HY Diamond, HI Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by HMPS
Stumbled on this rather long write up from a " non deqm promos" MR.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...e-running.html
FWIW, I didn't take Seat 2A's post to mean that he was against DEQM/TEQM. Rather, that he was against people not planning in advance and taking advantage of opportunities that present themselves well before December. I dare say he would be pleased at the efforts of those on this thread who got the bulk of their EQMs (if not all of them) in January!
Old Feb 24, 2012, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA 2MM,Marriott, Hilton
Should be at the SFO AC around 11pm tonight
Old Feb 25, 2012, 10:22 pm

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by weinskkb
Should be at the SFO AC around 11pm tonight
Be back tonight?
Old Feb 26, 2012, 7:20 pm

Any data for us to peruse?

Just wondering if 2millionquest has any compiled data that we can study? Really curious to see some refreshed stats!
Old Feb 26, 2012, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, Hertz 5*, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by jetsetr
Just wondering if 2millionquest has any compiled data that we can study? Really curious to see some refreshed stats!
I gave up on trying to compile any further data because I couldn't get enough response from people who didn't finish giving me their data. I got tired of sending out PMs that were never answered, trying to get the rest of the data. Since what I have is a mish-mosh of partial data, it would be very time-consuming to filter out the people who didn't give me complete data from the people who did. I just do not have the time to basically redo everything I did in January.

If someone who is better with math than I am and who has more free time than I currently do wants to take what's in the OP, filter through it, and make more detailed stats, feel free. But as it stands now, there won't be anything further forthcoming from me.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by 2millionquest
I gave up on trying to compile any further data because I couldn't get enough response from people who didn't finish giving me their data. I got tired of sending out PMs that were never answered, trying to get the rest of the data. Since what I have is a mish-mosh of partial data, it would be very time-consuming to filter out the people who didn't give me complete data from the people who did. I just do not have the time to basically redo everything I did in January.

If someone who is better with math than I am and who has more free time than I currently do wants to take what's in the OP, filter through it, and make more detailed stats, feel free. But as it stands now, there won't be anything further forthcoming from me.
Oh well, then. That's too bad. But I still appreciate all that you did! Thanks again, it was great to meet you and fly with you!
Old Feb 26, 2012, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by jetsetr
Oh well, then. That's too bad. But I still appreciate all that you did! Thanks again, it was great to meet you and fly with you!
It was fun meeting you too. Happy flying!
Old Feb 27, 2012, 1:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
***REPOST***

I'll be at the LAX AC on 27th between 11:45am and 12:45PM. Can guest someone in. Alternatively, if there is a kind soul who could guest me in FL I'd greatly appreciate it.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 3:28 am

SFO

hi, can anyone guest me into the AC in SFO on the 29 Feb pls? I'll be there from around 5pm through Midnight... Thanks so much!
Old Feb 27, 2012, 6:33 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
discussion in this thread should be about the AA MRs throughout January, not guesting folks in at this date,

please stay on topic.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
discussion in this thread should be about the AA MRs throughout January, not guesting folks in at this date,
So for those who are doing DEQ11 (into Feb & Mar), what is the correct thread?

The confusing thing is this thread is named after the cities in DEQ11, even though DEQ11 itself wans't restricted to just January. It was its overlap with DEQAA which only lasted through January. But DEQ11 itself continues (with those very same cities). But I don't see a thread titled "SFO/ORD/LAX/DFW throughout February and March".

(There was discussion in this thread arealier about whether to start a sepraate thread, and it was decided not to.)

The other confusing thing is that this thread served two simultanous purposes: One, meeting. Two, tracking statistics. It's the tracking stastics (never mentioned in the thread title) which ended with DEQAA ending. It's unclear whether everyone wants the meeting aspect to end.

But again, if there's a better thread, please point us there and we'll go.

Thanks.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Well, actually, there really is no correct thread to ask for a guest-in to the AC. Those of us who are members were doing it in January because that was the most convenient place for large numbers of us to meet up during that crazy month of flying, and sometimes we did it to take pity on people who had difficult flying schedules and were appreciative of a nice place for a little downtime between flights.

Most of us consider it pretty bad form to repeatedly ask for a guest-in to an AC. Those of us who are members have spent our hard-earned cash (or miles or credit card fees) for the privilege of using the clubs. If a nonmember wishes to avail him or herself of the club on a repetitive basis, then most of us feel that that person should also pay for the privilege, like we do.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
If you are doing a few MRs in March, let me point out that AA offers a 30-day membership to AC for $99. It is a full membership and allows you to bring 2 guests as well. You can be departing or arriving, on any airline, as long as security will let you into the area and the lounge is open, you can access it. That is an incredible value when you consider that a 1-day pass just for yourself is $50. I strongly recommend it.

Last edited by aktchi; Feb 27, 2012 at 3:28 pm
Old Feb 27, 2012, 3:11 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
start a new thread@:-)
It's unclear whether everyone wants the meeting aspect to end.
if by meeting aspect you mean guesting, Community Buzz is not the place for a guesting thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.