SFO/ORD/LAX/DFW AA Admirals Club MR DOs throughout January

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO/ORD/LAX/DFW AA Admirals Club MR DOs throughout January

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2012, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold, IHG Plat, CC Gold
Are you guys seeing both DEQAA and DEQ11 posting tonight? I'm still missing one segment of DEQAA from 1/21 due to two SFO-ORD round trips starting on the same day messing up their system.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 9:46 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K, AA EXP, VS Silver, HY Diamond, HI Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by lovexylitol
I have made 101k EQMS! (Wanted to shout out somewhere!)
DFW-SFO TEQMs + some business trips.

Many thanks to 2millionquest, toomanybooks, and FTers who have posted the promotion information and AA.
Originally Posted by KKR
EQMs finally posted! I'm now officially EXP for the first time.
Congratulations to you both!
Old Feb 15, 2012, 5:42 am

Never could have believed.... starting Jan 19th with the question, "Is it this simple?" and then, brp's now historic answer (at least in my mind), "No. It's simpler."

And now, Feb 15th, EXP?

Thanks to brp for among other things, showing me the wide ranging possibilities of stacking, Roger D408 for putting money into my pocket with Costco discounts, 2millionquest who on top of managing the numbers STILL had time to answer newbies questions (amazing), mingw, Science Goy, who never let an un-researched, often asked question go unanswered.

And everyone else.

Brains and civility exist, so cool to be part of this group.

Huge thanks.

Oh, BTW.. everything (DEQAA/DEQ11) has posted up to and including Feb 11.

Last edited by zznoname; Feb 16, 2012 at 5:30 am
Old Feb 15, 2012, 10:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold
Yesterday, I flew ORD-LAX-ORD, ORD-SFO-ORD. There were some differences versus the January mileathon that we all did.

I got exit rows on 3 of 4 segments ^, (with empty seats in the row), flights weren't anywhere near full ^, nobody in the middle next to me, as opposed to me being in the middle a few times in Jan!

But, ORD AC is now charging $9 for the Sapporos that we were drinking like they were water. That would be expensive water. Had to drink Miller Light last night. The SFO AC was a ghost town. Bartender said it was because of Valentine's day.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by DBoy
Yesterday, I flew ORD-LAX-ORD, ORD-SFO-ORD. There were some differences versus the January mileathon that we all did.

I got exit rows on 3 of 4 segments ^, (with empty seats in the row), flights weren't anywhere near full ^, nobody in the middle next to me, as opposed to me being in the middle a few times in Jan!

But, ORD AC is now charging $9 for the Sapporos that we were drinking like they were water. That would be expensive water. Had to drink Miller Light last night. The SFO AC was a ghost town. Bartender said it was because of Valentine's day.
We probably had an impact on that decision...
Old Feb 16, 2012, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
We probably had an impact on that decision...
"We"? Wasn't it just WanderLuster?
Old Feb 16, 2012, 2:53 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jetsetr
The drink of choice last night was Bob Chinn's Mai Tai(s) http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bob-Ch...56314061064122 & they were gooooooood:-:
Old Feb 16, 2012, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by jetsetr
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
The drink of choice last night was Bob Chinn's Mai Tai(s) http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bob-Ch...56314061064122 & they were gooooooood:-:
I'm an equal opportunity drinker!

And an executive platinum! Woot woot!
Old Feb 17, 2012, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by WanderLuster

Good job!
How painful was MRing In Y?
Old Feb 17, 2012, 9:57 am

^ Congrats on reaching EXP!
Old Feb 17, 2012, 10:11 am

Good job!
It was pretty painful. Especially the red-eyes. Most especially the mid-week overnight turns where I went to ord right from work flew to sfo, took the redeye back, showered in the lounge and went right back to work.

In the end, I still think it was worth it. Had my first taste of AA First this morning on a flight to LGA. Slept through it - which is the best way to spend a morning flight. hopefully I'll never have to fly Y again.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 10:32 am

Programs: AA G; TK E; HH D
Well, I made EXP last weekend. I completed 9 RTs ORD-SFO in January for the 99,684 EQMs and on my Friday (2/10) trip to Newark I crossed the 100,000 mark. On the way back, on Monday (2/13), as a new EXP I received my first upgrade. It wasn't much - no meal service on the mid-morning flight. But, it felt great - I made it.
Thanks, again to Toomanybooks and 2Millionquest and to all the other great FTs I met in the process.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Quite.

My usual airline WN has a LOT better seats than AA in the back. I also discovered the joy of the 16" wide or so exit row middle. Tight squeeze.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 11:07 am

Programs: HHonor Diamond, AA Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I also want to say thank you to Toomanybooks and 2Millionquest for their effort to coordinate this! Glad to meet so many FTers on the road. My two weeks (Jan15-Jan30) paid off, now I am officially an EXP!
Old Feb 17, 2012, 11:55 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
Good job!
It was pretty painful. Especially the red-eyes. Most especially the mid-week overnight turns where I went to ord right from work flew to sfo, took the redeye back, showered in the lounge and went right back to work.

In the end, I still think it was worth it. Had my first taste of AA First this morning on a flight to LGA. Slept through it - which is the best way to spend a morning flight. hopefully I'll never have to fly Y again.
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Quite.

My usual airline WN has a LOT better seats than AA in the back. I also discovered the joy of the 16" wide or so exit row middle. Tight squeeze.
You youngins have it easy. Back in the day it was 100k BIS that first painful year.

Not as bad as walking a mile in the snow to catch the school bus but each trip involved an immediate lay flat on the back to get the spine back in place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.