Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO/ORD/LAX/DFW AA Admirals Club MR DOs throughout January

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2012, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Movies schedule for Jan.

this is AA movie schedule for the month of Jan.
01-15 eastbound/southbound, DOLPHIN TALE; westbound/northbound REAL STEEL
16-31 eastbound/southbound, FOOT LOOSE; westbound/northbound MONEYBALL

First class meal service for daytime flights is Chicken salad with cilantro dressing, tortilla strips also humus with pita chips, the other choice is hamburger with chips.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA 1MM EXP 2015, SPG Gold, PC Plat, HH Diamond Marriott Silver Alamo Budget Hertz
Originally Posted by jetsetr
I assume we should just PM 2millionquest with our upgrade confirmations...or should we be posting in the thread?
I saw yours confirmed for 1/6 1522, did you do anything special? I am on same flight and have not heard of any upgrades my date of purchase was Dec 16,2011
Old Jan 3, 2012, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Southwest A-List Preferred, HY Diamond, SPG Platinum, HH Diamond, Avis
Hi - I'm flying 20 segments in January and would love to meet-up with others. I'm AA Gold and do not have AC access. Here are my flights. Thanks.

1/6 SFO-ORD 17:50-23:50
1/7 ORD-SFO 19:15-21:55
1/8 SFO-DFW 9:35-15:00
1/8 DFW-SFO 16:10-17:55
1/14 SFO-ORD 9:00-15:30
1/14 ORD-SFO 19:15-21:55
1/14 SFO-ORD 23:55-5:50
1/15 ORD-SFO 6:50-9:25
1/19 SFO-ORD 23:55-5:50
1/20 ORD-SFO 6:50-9:25
1/20 SFO-ORD 10:35-16:55
1/20 ORD-SFO 19:15-21:55
1/21 SFO-DFW 0:25-5:35
1/21 DFW-ORD 6:45-9:10
1/21 ORD-DFW 10:30-13:05
1/21 DFW-SFO 13:55-15:40
1/28 SFO-DFW 0:25-5:35
1/28 DFW-BOS 6:15-10:35
1/29 BOS-DFW 11:35-15:05
1/29 DFW-SFO 16:10-17:55
Old Jan 3, 2012, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
PM is the best way to go.

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
I am trying to figure out how we are going to meetup. I suppose I could collect cell phone numbers and email them to everyone, but that seems extreme. I never expected this group to get so large.

How about if you want someone to guest you into the Admirals Club, you PM that person and set it up in advance?

Or we could just hang by the entrance and ask one another if we are from that Flyertalk group. Everyone could stick one of those "Hi, my name is ..." things on.

Any thoughts?
While we are up to almost 100 people, not all of us are flying at the same time. There are several flights with 9 people or so. PM is the best way. I do not think hanging around in front of the AC might be a good idea, not sure if others AC members that are participating on this might be very receptive to the idea. I strongly suggest others to use FT luggage tags, or some sort of recognizable attire, a CHICAGO DO shirt, or the ITA SOFTWARE caps.
Looking forward to meet new FT'rs.

Last edited by arollins; Jan 3, 2012 at 8:42 pm Reason: .
Old Jan 3, 2012, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA 1MM EXP 2015, SPG Gold, PC Plat, HH Diamond Marriott Silver Alamo Budget Hertz
Originally Posted by tom911
You don't need to go through security on arrival. You can print your return boarding pass when you check in for the first flight. Don't do this, though, until you're 24 hours ahead of your return flight so both print.

In ORD about half way down the concourse K is a series of koisks where you can print boarding documents.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 7:33 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K, AA EXP, VS Silver, HY Diamond, HI Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Angust
I saw yours confirmed for 1/6 1522, did you do anything special? I am on same flight and have not heard of any upgrades my date of purchase was Dec 16,2011
Wow, I find that very odd. I did not use a SWU, and was cleared because the FC cabin was basically empty on that flight (at least when I was cleared it was basically empty). I figured you must have been upgraded as well, as I saw you purchased before I did. Did you actually "request" your upgrade, either during booking or after ticketing?
Old Jan 3, 2012, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by toomanybooks

Any thoughts?
What about that Flyertalker Trophey thing SweetWillie has I know kind of large and cumbersome to carry around.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 7:51 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by arollins
16-31 eastbound/southbound, FOOT LOOSE; westbound/northbound MONEYBALL

First class meal service for daytime flights is Chicken salad with cilantro dressing, tortilla strips also humus with pita chips, the other choice is hamburger with chips.
Good thing I am bringing plenty of DVDs w/ me.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by jetsetr
Wow, I find that very odd. I did not use a SWU, and was cleared because the FC cabin was basically empty on that flight (at least when I was cleared it was basically empty). I figured you must have been upgraded as well, as I saw you purchased before I did. Did you actually "request" your upgrade, either during booking or after ticketing?
I guess I am spoiled by the DL and UA systems where I do not need to go in and physically request the upgrade. it appears on this one flight I did not request until tonight. Hopefully it will clear while a seat or two are still open.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 8:17 pm

I guess I am spoiled by the DL and UA systems where I do not need to go in and physically request the upgrade. it appears on this one flight I did not request until tonight. Hopefully it will clear while a seat or two are still open.
Ah, yes. This first confused me, too, coming from the UA system.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
I strongly suggest...FT luggage tags, or some sort of recognizable attire, a CHICAGO DO shirt, or the ITA SOFTWARE caps. Looking forward to meet you.
I have two of those---FT luggage tag and ITA cap---so I am covered. I guess you can't send a drink to the back of the plane, but say hi if you see me.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 1:37 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, Hertz 5*, HHonors Diamond
Just a reminder and a request

Hi everyone:

I'm enjoying my first morning on holiday in Athens, where I will be all this week. The good news is that I'm between 7 and 10 hours ahead of most of you, so updates are a bit easier to keep up with.

However, many folks are posting in various threads and so on. It would be really helpful if everyone would PM me with details such as upgrades clearing, purchase dates, errors/omissions/corrections, et cetera. I am spending a lot of time checking all the various places to try to glean necessary info for our spreadsheet.

Also, please give me both flight number and flight times. I'm spending a lot of time looking up one or the other. It's amazing how many different flights are eligible for TEQM!

As of the update I just did, we're up to 72 flyers -- I know there are others posting in other threads who are participating, such as SweetWillie. If you see someone post in a thread that they're participating and you know they're not on our list, would you please ask them to join the list. As I've said before, the more info we gather, the more robust our statistics will be.

Finally, I do not have purchase dates for a large number of our participants and/or upgrade info. Please let me know your upgrade success (especially EXPs), even if you failed to secure one. Although I'm not sure how to notate it yet or if it will be a valuable data point, if you don't get your upgrade, and you have the time, please make note of how many were on the list and where you stood when the flight departed.

Thanks, everybody. I think we have a valuable opportunity to gather lots of interesting and useful factual rather than anecdotal info this month that we will be able to use for some time to come in our many, many, many discussions of upgrade, irops, and so on. Let's make the most use of it that we can!!
Old Jan 4, 2012, 1:42 am

Appreciate all of the amazing effort, 2millionquest! Thanks much and enjoy Athens. Safe travels!
Old Jan 4, 2012, 6:24 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Is it meaning to have both the date of ticket purchase and also the date of upgrade request?

In my case, several tickets were purchased before EXP status - then when earned - then I went through and did the requests. Plus I had to get AA to fix all those future reservations as they stayed at Platinum even though the number of 500-coupons was showing zero at the time of request.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 8:21 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SFO777
My thought was to PM each person on my flight(s) and exchange seat number. That way, we can meet each other on board and go to the AC together after de-planing. In other cases, the member can tell the AAngel the name of the guest, which should be sufficient for access when that guest arrives.
+1, this is the approach I've been taking.
16-31 eastbound/southbound, FOOT LOOSE; westbound/northbound MONEYBALL.
ugh, crappy selection
What about that Flyertalker Trophey thing SweetWillie has I know kind of large and cumbersome to carry around.
sorry my friend, trophey thing was passed on a long time ago (might be time to bump that thread@:-)). I was thinking you could carry me around but I'm large and cumbersome as well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.