Wiki Posts
Search

The FIRST annual One World Mega DO Launch Party LA on Oct. 9th

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2011, 2:12 pm

Programs: their are many of them
Originally Posted by Kevin AA
Darn, I would love to go, but I'm already booked up that week in Australia
agreed but work kinda gets in the way for me plus i have golf event and my sisters birthday.

I really want to go to the actual event. Hoping for something in LHR, DFW, maybe ORD.... not so huge on LAX........ but that seems to be a popular location...

though i feel bashful and shy about any ONEworld / AA event .... since i am just a measly General AA advantage member. ......
Old Sep 26, 2011, 1:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by TWAB747nomore
though i feel bashful and shy about any ONEworld / AA event .... since i am just a measly General AA advantage member. ......
well this might be a discriminating denominator.. based on what I wrote in and never received responses.. it has to be status.. since I stated I probably won't be EXP next year (12)
Old Sep 29, 2011, 2:21 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
well this might be a discriminating denominator.. based on what I wrote in and never received responses.. it has to be status.. since I stated I probably won't be EXP next year (12)
YGM

I've updated post #1 to include everyone who's confirmed. I have a few emails out to people on the wait list, I will post your name up there when you confirm.

I will send out an email to everyone to reconfirm everyone's spot.

Also, you will get a confirmation email you need to bring with you to show at the door. It's being held at a privat space and even Randy Petersen and Maya Leibman has to show this piece of paper at the door to get in.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

If you didn't get confirmed, I'm sorry. But you can view the announcement on megado.com. We'll keep you posted with a link
Old Sep 29, 2011, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by tommy777

Also, you will get a confirmation email you need to bring with you to show at the door. It's being held at a privat space and even Randy Petersen and Maya Leibman has to show this piece of paper at the door to get in.

[/B]
Tommy's not kidding. The establishments on the Sunset Strip are not afraid to turn away wannabe's at the velvet rope. The good news is, you do not need to be a Hollywood A-lister or dressed to kill to get into this party. All you need is the Golden Ticket (aka TommyPass).
Old Sep 30, 2011, 4:37 am

YGM

I've updated post #1 to include everyone who's confirmed. I have a few emails out to people on the wait list, I will post your name up there when you confirm.

I will send out an email to everyone to reconfirm everyone's spot.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

If you didn't get confirmed, I'm sorry. But you can view the announcement on megado.com. We'll keep you posted with a link

thank you kind sir

TH
Old Sep 30, 2011, 9:49 am

Programs: SPG PLAT, AA Plat (2MM), BA, UA/CO

I think you meant post #11. I don't mean to be nit picking, but a certain baseball themed promotion has made me paranoid of late.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 9:36 am

Tommy, check your PM on MP...
Old Oct 3, 2011, 8:40 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
YHPM and Email.. Thanks and Safe Travels
Old Oct 6, 2011, 1:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG, Priority Club and Hertz
OneWorld MegaDo Thread?

Originally Posted by SQ421
can't make it to the launch party but most definitely interested in the OW Mega Do in January.... will be watching this and the other thread with great interest.
Is there another thread yet? I have done a search and it doesn't come up. Maybe I'm not using the right search terms...
Old Oct 9, 2011, 5:58 pm

Anyone here or do I just not know anyone?
Old Oct 9, 2011, 8:04 pm

All you fanatics who were able to go to this event in LAX , and who spend your lives posting on Flyer talk do those of us who stayed at home for various reasons a a favor a leak the details as they come out.

Though I would not be surprised if this is the one time something does not show up on flyer talk as soon as people know the details of events in Jan?

I am sure you all will be finding stuff out tonight.

Fingers crossed that it is not centric to one airline
Last, have a good time.
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
Old Oct 9, 2011, 8:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Leak what? The schedule is on megado.com
Old Oct 9, 2011, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore
Leak what? The schedule is on megado.com
I just reviewed the schedule in my opinion it was EPIC fail or letdown. I was hoping for more. I thought it

The title might as well be Changed to megAA do or the American Airlines DO becuase it is totally focused on AA

though i am thrilled by the portion of the Program. For example the london section. JFk i sounds interesting too. However, it could have been much more than it is, which is why I say it is a letdown

Last edited by TWAB747nomore; Oct 12, 2011 at 9:03 pm
Old Oct 10, 2011, 10:30 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Please forgive and indulge a few questions from a DO newbie who is not a member at MilePoint.

Does it make any difference how one gets to Dallas and/or how one gets home from LAX and/or where one stays overnight in Dallas and/or Seattle and/or LA? Is there any expectation of flying on OW to/from this event or staying at participating hotels (ie stay with friends or family instead)?

Will tickets for the charter flights (DFW-BFI-LAX) be available as award tickets rather than paid tickets?

Is there a thread here at FT for discussion of the DO itself (rather than the Launch Party)?

Thanks very much. Sorry if this is in the wrong place.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 2:04 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Some of your questions might be answered at this site:
http://megado.com/blogs/

Other than the "launch" thread on Milepoint, I don't think there's an event thread there yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.