The FIRST annual One World Mega DO Launch Party LA on Oct. 9th

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The FIRST annual One World Mega DO Launch Party LA on Oct. 9th

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2011, 2:21 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
Ugg... finally a local OneWorld event and I am on a plane that night - landing LAX at 12:15 AM +1!
Old Sep 14, 2011, 1:49 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Folks,

This event is a lot more popular than expected. We have filled the now 80 spots by far and have about 30-40 people on the waitlist.

I'm firming up the people who's got a spot, so if you still want to attend, feel free to send me an email and I'll keep you posted on how it looks
Old Sep 15, 2011, 7:31 pm

Programs: their are many of them
so question ....... is there a limit on the actual number of people that can go to the mega whatever it is ....... and second what determines priorty in ones registration and access to different events?

in another thing it sounds like anyone can attend but if it is full why one would go?

Second where will registration be available for the actual event and elorbate the mission of what the mega do is for me please

Last edited by TWAB747nomore; Sep 15, 2011 at 7:33 pm Reason: addition
Old Sep 17, 2011, 12:10 am

Would have wanted to go to the launch party, but will be flying out of town. West Hollywood is just a hop and a skip away.

Any ideas where the MegaDO will be held?
Old Sep 19, 2011, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TWAB747nomore
so question ....... is there a limit on the actual number of people that can go to the mega whatever it is ....... and second what determines priorty in ones registration and access to different events?
The One World Mega whatever will be available for booking for everyone on October 9th. Booking will be available on www.megado.com

Originally Posted by TWAB747nomore
in another thing it sounds like anyone can attend but if it is full why one would go?

Second where will registration be available for the actual event and elorbate the mission of what the mega do is for me please
Booking will take place on www.megado.com. If you haven't been to a Mega DO before, read about it here: http://online.wsj.com/article/the_middle_seat.html

Or search in one of the FT master threads.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

For the launch party guests:

Andaz West Hollywood rate is 199 for the upgraded Sunset View rooms.

Room block will be available very soon, rate is available Friday-Monday
Old Sep 19, 2011, 4:29 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, UAMP
Damn looks like launch is full, was looking for an excuse to go out to LA.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Folks, we have the hotel booking code. Melinda will email it to everyone who's got a spot this afternoon.

Also, I've secured another 20 spots for the launch party!!! I will start clearing the stand by list this weekend
Old Sep 22, 2011, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA lifetime gold, BA, AC, CX, AS, DL, AF(gold), IHG(plt), SPG(gold), HHONORS, .
Question

Originally Posted by tommy777
Folks,

It's hereby confirmed! The OW Mega DO is happening in the week of January 23rd!

The OW Mega DO team (tommy777, Pizzaman, Firefly and gleff) and our sponsors American Airlines and Hyatt are inviting everyone to participate in our super-terrific OW Mega DO launch party!

When? October 9th from 6PM till late

Where? Andaz West Hollywood, Los Angeles

Who? Maya Liebman, President of AAdvantage. Jeff Zidell, head of Hyatt Gold Passport, Randy Petersen, Pizzaman, Firefly and yours truly. And of course YOU!

What? Be the FIRST to see the exciting OW program and secure your spot! Drinks and food will be provided.

The facts

- The first 75 persons to RSVP will gain access to this very exclusive launch party

- No, you don't have to sign up for the OW Mega DO to attend the launch party

- No, there will be no discounted flights, double EQMs, swags etc for the launch party.

- There will be a room block provided at the Andaz for Friday to Monday for everyone who doesn't ask when it will be available via PM, email or in this thread. (ETA, mid September)

- We are spending a lot of resources building our new website and database @ www.megado.com. You will be able to reserve your spot for the DO at the event. There will be NO deposits, only flat out sales of spots. So save the dates of week 23rd if you plan to attend

- All facts will be available at the launch party

- You can follow the launch live on www.megado.com if you can't attend.

- We will have ONLY 160 seats available on the OW mega DO (161 were available for the SMD3 which was sold out 2 months before the event). First come first served.

- How to RSVP for the launch party: Send me an email to secure your spot. The first 75 that RSVPs to my email, will get a spot. [email protected]. Send me your flyertalk handle, full name and OW status (not FF#, just status level)

tommy777 on Flyertalk
Tommy Danielsen
AA Platinum

So there you have it! Let the fun begin!
Will the OW MEGA DO ( not the launch) ,on JAN.23rd take place at the same location
in LA as the launch or at some other city ?

Michael
Old Sep 22, 2011, 3:56 pm

Programs: their are many of them
will British Airways be involved in this oneworld event? I certaintly hope they are........ British airways needs to be involved i consider them to be a more prominent member of ONEWORLD than AA these days.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 5:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sonesta Elite, IHG Platinum, Frontier 100K
And for those of you who have not heard, there is going to be something special for all attendees (I'll let Tommy777 reveal what it is)
Old Sep 22, 2011, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by mowogo
And for those of you who have not heard, there is going to be something special for all attendees (I'll let Tommy777 reveal what it is)
Excellent, I'm still tweaking my schedule for that weekend.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 10:06 am

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
just emailed you to be put on the wait list. hope there's still room!
Old Sep 23, 2011, 1:20 pm

Location: District of Columbia, Maryland- AA 2M Life Platinum, UA 1K, TK Gold, BA Silver, IC RA, Fairmont/Marriott Platinum, SPG/Hilton/Omni Gold, Wynn/Makers Mark Ambassador, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Chairmans, National Executive
You got waitlist email!
Old Sep 23, 2011, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA/DL/UA
Darn, I would love to go, but I'm already booked up that week in Australia

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.