Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

FT logo is on a plane racing at the Sept Reno Air Races (updated)

FT logo is on a plane racing at the Sept Reno Air Races (updated)

Old Sep 16, 11, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies View Post
I'm glad to hear that our crew is safe ^ But I feel so bad for the people who lost loved ones today.
+1. This is so Sad.
Old Sep 17, 11, 2:43 am

Flyertalkers,
Thank you all for your kind words after today's accident. Your comments, thoughts and prayers for all of those affected are greatly appreciated.

It is with great sadness I come to you this evening and I am struggling to find the words to explain the feeling. All members of Team Radial Velocity are fine as most of the team was at the opposite end of the airfield from the accident. Flyertalker pshuang and I were together at the time and, other than being witness to the tragedy, were fine also.

While all members of our team are fine, the entire aviation racing community and the fans are affected by this event. Your continued support, thoughts and prayers during this time of sorrow are greatly appreciated.
Old Sep 17, 11, 9:40 am

Programs: UA 1.050MM, PersonalCar 0.275MM
Like Captain Dan, I struggle to find words, as SanDiego1K can attest to during our phone conversation. Witnessing Jimmy's plane streak overhead and hang there for a split second before plunging down was like a slow-motion nightmare you hope you can wake up from. My thoughts and hopes are with the deceased and injured attendees and their family & friends and with the air racing community that this tragedy has devastated.
Old Sep 18, 11, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA .5M, SPG Gold Lifetime
I thought of Team Radical Velocity first when I heard this news & share the same feelings with all here. God bless the brave men & women in the sport.
Old Sep 18, 11, 11:17 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, ICHPlat, MarriottR, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Richard Chen View Post
I thought of Team Radical Velocity first when I heard this news & share the same feelings with all here. God bless the brave men & women in the sport.
Yes - I did as well. Thoughts and prayers for the families and friends of those lost or injured in this terrible tragedy.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: