SYD Pre Ozfest Balmoral Beach coffee/b'fast Tues 24th May, 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2011, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: QC Life, QFF Plat No 0010XXX, AA Plat 2 MM, Sinbad Blue, HHonors Dia., Marriott Titanium, IHG Amb

A small group, hosted by two local Ft'ers are having coffee at beautiful Balmoral Beach, one of Sydney's Middle harbour beaches next Tuesday morning.
As there may be visitors en-route to OZfest, we thought we would extend the invite to any who would like to join us.

When: 8:00am to 09:30am. Tues 24th May 2011
Where: Balmoral Beach, The Esplanade , Balmoral
At the cafe (former boatshed) over the water , next to the enclosed swimming enclosure. The closest intersection is The Esplanade and Coronation Rd.

Hosts: DownUnderFlyer and JohnSydney2000
Attending: 3 so far

Please pm us if you might be able to make it. It is a lovely spot for morning coffee.
With the greatest respect to a blog site, I have found this photo of my local beach - http://20somethingsinsydney.blogspot...ydney-gem.html

Happy and safe travels to all enroute to Darwin.
Old May 18, 2011, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Nice one, guys!
The BiziBBs will be hopefully sitting in the QP or QF842 at this time but not only is this a beautiful location, it has a lot of history, which I am sure you can discuss with them.

It's an old weekend date location I highly recommend!
Old May 20, 2011, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: QC Life, QFF Plat No 0010XXX, AA Plat 2 MM, Sinbad Blue, HHonors Dia., Marriott Titanium, IHG Amb
Thanks for your comments

Hi B

Tis a great spot, almost unknown to our visitors.
Thanks for your little note, look forward to catching up in DRW.
Now, totally off topic, because this is the Qantas forum, thanks for all your voluntary efforts as a mod on the MR forum. It is greatly appreciated.
Safe travels, John.
Old May 23, 2011, 6:29 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
It was a pleasure walking down to Balmoral Beach and having a morning coffee with DownUnderFlyer and JohnSydney2000. Beautiful sunny day in Sydney today.
Old May 23, 2011, 6:34 pm
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
It was a pleasure walking down to Balmoral Beach and having a morning coffee with DownUnderFlyer and JohnSydney2000. Beautiful sunny day in Sydney today.
Sorry, I couldn't make it....only got up at 9am Really enjoyed dinner with you and John last nite. See you in Drw!
Old May 26, 2011, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Thanks - and we picked the right morning

Thanks to my two other walkers - it was a very nice morning and FT catchup. We went on the right morning, as it was cold and blustry soon after. We must do it again. John.
Old May 27, 2011, 4:18 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Sounds like fun

I grew up on that beach, its awesome ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.