Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

"Chicago Seminars 2011" October 29 and 30 Registration Open

"Chicago Seminars 2011" October 29 and 30 Registration Open

Old Mar 1, 2011, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt. RewardsNetwork dining.
Originally Posted by Dan6681
Is the negotiated rate at the EGV Holiday Inn eligible for PC points?
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
When I booked it showed how many points I'd be earning. So I'd vote yes.
+1.

I received points last year.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 5:40 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt. RewardsNetwork dining.
Originally Posted by aktchi
In addition to simplicity and not giving extra work to our overworked organizers, I think it also only fair that if Mr XYZ backs out of attending, a person who placed himself on the proper waiting list should have priority over another who merely knows Mr XYZ. (I am not an organizer and I am not saying there will be a formal waiting list, but I hope you get the spirit of my argument.)
In that vein, let's encourage people who are registered, and then find out they can not make it, to cancel despite not getting $$ back. Because then, via waiting list or re-opening registration, other people can come instead of having empty seats. (This was a problem too for the August Chicago Seminar.) For the community!
Old Mar 1, 2011, 5:56 pm

I booked the Hotel and used FLY in the Group Code, received the $79 rate, however nowhere on the reservation does it mention the Chicago Do or anything related to it. Just says the following: "ANYONE CAN BOOK RESERVATIONS RATE OF 79 INCLUDES ONE BREAKFAST VOUCHER PER ROOM RATE OF"

Do I need to call the hotel to verify?
Old Mar 1, 2011, 5:56 pm

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Everyone remember to bring your notebooks/legal pads/something to take notes on. Pens, too. You WILL take notes, and unless you're a brilliant typist on smartphone/iPad you won't keep up, and the rooms are not really set up to have laptops (and who'd want a laptop heating up your lap all day long anyway with no table). Some folks traded for some really good stuff to get a notebook last year
Old Mar 1, 2011, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by dcpatti
Everyone remember to bring your notebooks/legal pads/something to take notes on. Pens, too. You WILL take notes, and unless you're a brilliant typist on smartphone/iPad you won't keep up, and the rooms are not really set up to have laptops (and who'd want a laptop heating up your lap all day long anyway with no table). Some folks traded for some really good stuff to get a notebook last year
Office supply store is right across the street from the hotel. Guess I should have picked up some extra last time to sell
Old Mar 1, 2011, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Check your reservation in the Room/Rate Type box

Rate Type: Chicago Seminar Do-F
Cheers -

Originally Posted by Bonesaz
I booked the Hotel and used FLY in the Group Code, received the $79 rate, however nowhere on the reservation does it mention the Chicago Do or anything related to it. Just says the following: "ANYONE CAN BOOK RESERVATIONS RATE OF 79 INCLUDES ONE BREAKFAST VOUCHER PER ROOM RATE OF"

Old Mar 1, 2011, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Bonesaz

Thats the one. Look for a spot that says "Rate Type" and it will mention Chicago Seminar Do-F. It says it on my email confirmation and when i pull up my reservation on the website.Of course i forgot to put my PC# and I cant find a spot to add it. Guess i have to wait for checkin
Old Mar 1, 2011, 6:25 pm

My reservation confirmation online said "points to be earned: 0 Non-qualifying stay".

No mention either way in my confirmation email
Old Mar 1, 2011, 6:28 pm

My reservation Doesn't say "Rate Type: Chicago Seminar Do-F", after I entered FLY and then was prompted to sign into my Priority Club Account, it looks like it might of dropped the Rate Type for some reason. I guess I'll call and see if they can do anything.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by airshadow
My reservation confirmation online said "points to be earned: 0 Non-qualifying stay".

No mention either way in my confirmation email
Follow-up: when I plug my reservation into the HI system it does in fact show "points to be earned", so I have no idea why it said "0 points, non-qualifying stay" on the confirmation page right after booking ??
Old Mar 1, 2011, 7:20 pm

Is staying at the hotel a requirement? I'd like to register for the conference, but not the hotel.

Thanks for all your work on this.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 7:26 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gld, SPG Gld, Hyatt, PC, CBP Global Entry
Room booked. looking forward to this event!
Old Mar 1, 2011, 7:42 pm

Hotel booked... looking forward to book the seminars!
Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by ingy
Hotel Registration Now OPEN

Here is the link
I'm getting an Adv. Purchase rate of $98.10 when I follow this link.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by GrizShel
I'm getting an Adv. Purchase rate of $98.10 when I follow this link.
use code "fly"

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.