FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   "Chicago Seminars 2011" October 29 and 30 Registration Open (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1186896-chicago-seminars-2011-october-29-30-registration-open.html)

GrizShel Mar 1, 2011 8:51 pm

I've tried two different browsers, both logged in before going to the link and not logged in before the link, still do not get any special rate to show up, just their standard menu of room rates.

I'll try calling the hotel I guess.

TAHKUCT Mar 1, 2011 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by GrizShel (Post 15958341)
I've tried two different browsers, both logged in before going to the link and not logged in before the link, still do not get any special rate to show up, just their standard menu of room rates.

No need to call. Works online just fine. The group code is FLY. Just enter it in the Group Code box before you search.

ArizonaGuy Mar 1, 2011 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by GrizShel (Post 15958293)
I'm getting an Adv. Purchase rate of $98.10 when I follow this link.

Originally Posted by GrizShel (Post 15958341)

Though "FLY" is in the URL, it doesn't autopopulate as many seem to think it does. Put FLY in the Group Code field. Circled below - not to insult yours or anyone else's intelligence, mind. Just illustrating.

http://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_k5...0/s400/FLY.png

gogogo888 Mar 1, 2011 11:12 pm

I booked one night double beds executive on the 29th.

If anyone wants to share, let me know.

Thx

dodger 1k Mar 2, 2011 1:23 am

Thanks so much for putting this all together! Booked the room today with no trouble and the Holiday Inn is a good solution, along with the extremely reasonable $75 conference fee. Am not a huge poster on FT, but enjoy the posts and blogs. Am coming from HNL for the event, so looking forward to it. Now if I can find a cheap flight.

PFKMan23 Mar 2, 2011 4:47 am

Hotel booked. That said, I really do hope there's some way we can confirm that a spot is reserved at the DO for those staying at the hotel.

nickfromct Mar 2, 2011 6:22 am

Originally Posted by PFKMan23 (Post 15959698)
Hotel booked. That said, I really do hope there's some way we can confirm that a spot is reserved at the DO for those staying at the hotel.

Hotel booked and agree with your point!

scubaflyer Mar 2, 2011 6:26 am

Originally Posted by Dan6681 (Post 15955409)
Is the negotiated rate at the EGV Holiday Inn eligible for PC points?

It was last year

ingy Mar 2, 2011 6:29 am

Hotel Guest will Register for the Seminars

Originally Posted by PFKMan23 (Post 15959698)

We will make sure you have the chance to register. We only have about 250 rooms and the seminars hold about 500. Stay with the thread for updates.

Ingy

scubaflyer Mar 2, 2011 6:45 am

Thanks for doing this again Rick. Last year's event was great. My hotel room is booked. I will be registered as soon as that opens.

CDKing Mar 2, 2011 7:24 am

Originally Posted by ingy (Post 15960056)
We will make sure you have the chance to register. We only have about 250 rooms and the seminars hold about 500. Stay with the thread for updates.

Ingy

Last year the hotels sold out way before we reached max capacity for the seminars. The reason behind that was due to no cancellation penalty on hotel, people rushed to book up the rooms before they decided if they were coming to the seminar or not. Now that there's money to be lost people will think twice.

miffSC Mar 2, 2011 7:40 am

Hotel booked!

fti Mar 2, 2011 8:07 am

Originally Posted by CDKing (Post 15960375)
Last year the hotels sold out way before we reached max capacity for the seminars. The reason behind that was due to no cancellation penalty on hotel, people rushed to book up the rooms before they decided if they were coming to the seminar or not. Now that there's money to be lost people will think twice.

Exactly. And that is why I think the hotel and registration won't fill up nearly as quickly this year. I am sure it will fill up, but not in days/weeks like last year.

gpapadop Mar 2, 2011 12:06 pm

Booked the room for 2 nights, looking forward to it. May be time to check out the Fairmont in Chicago if I have the Plat certs by then.:D

Bernoulli 777 Mar 2, 2011 4:31 pm

Booked

Please count me in. Room reserved, guaranteed. But what is this message?

"Member Number:123456789
Travel Profile:
Points to be earned:0 Non-qualifying stay
Account Balance:999,999 "

Wow. Not quite a mattress run, eh?

B7