Wiki Posts
Search

"Chicago Seminars 2011" October 29 and 30 Registration Open

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2011, 7:11 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
ill be at the rcc tomorrow Monday at 6am by c16 and can guest people in. Please drop me a pm
Old Oct 30, 2011, 7:16 pm

Thanks for a great time, everyone! Kudos to all the organizers.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 7:28 pm

Programs: most of them
Yes, thanks to the organizers and all of the presenters.

It seems ironic that my flight home from this seminar is delayed by 2+ hours because the people at UX apparently don't know how to schedule their pilots. Lucky thing I drove to DCA instead of taking the Metro!
Old Oct 30, 2011, 8:22 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
soooo many great folks I met and so many that I never got to see/meet. (The good & bad of such a large group)

miffSC, DID YOU BREAK EVEN ON THE T-SHIRTS??!!!??? (I really hope all who indicated they would purchase one, did so)
--
--
Sweet Willie.... Yes ...
I am resting tonight...heading home tomorrow...... where I can sit down and write a proper thank you to everyone who helped...
Old Oct 30, 2011, 8:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Well I got to enjoy an Italian Beef at Portillo's tonight along with some peppers and cheese fries. Now I have my feet propped up at the Hilton.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 8:38 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
I really enjoyed the fellowship with old friends and making some new ones to boot.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, National Exec Elite
Thanks to the organizers for a great time! I can't wait for the next one!
Old Oct 30, 2011, 9:11 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
Well I got to enjoy an Italian Beef at Portillo's tonight along with some peppers and cheese fries. Now I have my feet propped up at the Hilton.
Portillo's is no doubt a good standby choice with many locations.

One of my favorites is Johnnie's Beef with a location about 4 miles from where the Seminar Do was held:

Johnnie's Beef
1935 S Arlington Heights Rd
(between Golf Rd & I-90)
Arlington Heights, IL 60005
-
Old Oct 30, 2011, 9:40 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
I too would like to extend my thanks to Ingy and toomanybooks for organizing the whole thing, SkiAdcock for the charity work, and to and fro for lugging all the apples.

Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
In the vein of food: no bread products at breakfast. Some toast or an English muffin would have gone well with my oatmeal...
No sooner said than done: Besides apples, I am sure that to and fro can add a few cases of English muffins too next year.

Last edited by aktchi; Oct 30, 2011 at 9:48 pm
Old Oct 30, 2011, 10:21 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
I definitely had a great time and am ever grateful to the organizers. Thrilled I got to have candid conversations with them and so many others. Very happy I made it this year. Though if I attend next year I don't do the "show on the last flight Friday night" and "leave on the first flight at 5am Monday" routine like I'm doing now! (It's not my fault US doesn't have a late ORD-PHX flight on Sunday night!)
Old Oct 30, 2011, 11:05 pm

Programs: Starwood, Delta, American Airlines, USA, United
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
I definitely had a great time and am ever grateful to the organizers. Thrilled I got to have candid conversations with them and so many others. Very happy I made it this year. Though if I attend next year I don't do the "show on the last flight Friday night" and "leave on the first flight at 5am Monday" routine like I'm doing now! (It's not my fault US doesn't have a late ORD-PHX flight on Sunday night!)
Hey AZ GUY! It was so great to finally meet you! sorry about your flight situation, I am lucky, I don't work on Fridays! lets keep in touch.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by frekwentflier
Thanks to the organizers for a great time! I can't wait for the next one!
YES! thanks so much to the organizers and speakers!!! what a class act^
Old Oct 30, 2011, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
soooo many great folks I met and so many that I never got to see/meet. (The good & bad of such a large group)

Talk was begun on a Chicago area dinner (my specialty) for AA flyers to futher discuss items started in the AA breakout. Sounds good to me, I'll get some dates together & start a poll thread in the Community Buzz forum.

--

-
--
SWEET WILLIE
Were you the moderater of the AA breakout? (one of them?) I enjoyed your talks, but joined late, so would like to rehash the things you guys were talking about in the very beginning.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 11:24 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by worldtraveller2
SWEET WILLIE
Were you the moderater of the AA breakout? (one of them?) I enjoyed your talks, but joined late, so would like to rehash the things you guys were talking about in the very beginning.
You may be thinking of Sagy who moderated the AA group. Most of the breakout AA discussion was about researching and optimizing awards, although other topics came up too.

I believe that Sweet Willie led the Hilton discussion.

Last edited by aktchi; Oct 30, 2011 at 11:30 pm
Old Oct 31, 2011, 12:53 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by aktchi
You may be thinking of Sagy who moderated the AA group. Most of the breakout AA discussion was about researching and optimizing awards, although other topics came up too.

I believe that Sweet Willie led the Hilton discussion.
Correct! It was my good friend Sagy. It was great meeting you!!! Me and my brother had a Amazing Time. Hope to see you people soon on an American Airlines flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.