FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   "Chicago Seminars 2011" October 29 and 30 Registration Open (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1186896-chicago-seminars-2011-october-29-30-registration-open.html)

KarlJ Oct 30, 2011 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by iluv2fly (Post 17359267)
For those of us who couldn't attend, the question that needs to be answered:

WAS THERE FRUIT???

I gots to know!

I must confess that last year's brouhaha and fallout had me curious about the same thing. I'm glad that was settled. So... on to this year's whine list.

ArizonaGuy Oct 30, 2011 12:30 pm

In the vein of food: no bread products at breakfast. Not counting pancakes on Saturday, French toast sticks Sunday. Some toast or an English muffin would have gone well with my oatmeal. But that's my only disappointment and it's obviously minor, all things considered.

CDKing Oct 30, 2011 1:03 pm

Anyone staying at the host hotel tonight? Headed to the airport early tomorrow for a same day change. I hate the three hour rule

skyemema Oct 30, 2011 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy (Post 17361252)
In the vein of food: no bread products at breakfast. Not counting pancakes on Saturday, French toast sticks Sunday. Some toast or an English muffin would have gone well with my oatmeal. But that's my only disappointment and it's obviously minor, all things considered.

FYI we had bread at the Rosemont HI! The food was great at every meal.

marion10 Oct 30, 2011 2:18 pm

People were extremely kind and friendly to this newbie- thanks!

jason8612 Oct 30, 2011 2:24 pm

Wirelessly posted (Android: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-gb; GT-I9100 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Was nice to meet everyone :)

thnarf Oct 30, 2011 3:46 pm

Great conference! Looking forward to next year!

WanderLuster Oct 30, 2011 3:50 pm

Had a fantastic time and met some amazing people.

Thanks to ingy, toomanybooks, and all of the volunteers and speakers!

Hope to see everyone next year!

seacarl Oct 30, 2011 4:43 pm

ORD Club?

Are folks congregating at a club?

I am at the HK Admirals club - I normally never fly AA. i'm disappointed that the only comp beers are Bud & Lite. Maybe I should over to DL or UA for a bit

Where is everyone?

fti Oct 30, 2011 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by seacarl (Post 17362151)
Are folks congregating at a club?

I am at the HK Admirals club - I normally never fly AA. i'm disappointed that the only comp beers are Bud & Lite. Maybe I should over to DL or UA for a bit

Where is everyone?

I am at DL Skyclub for another 1/2 hour until 6.50pm. I will comp you in. PM me if interested. SkyClub is near E7.

fti Oct 30, 2011 5:19 pm

Thanks to Ingy, toomanybooks, hdawg and so many others who worked to make the weekend such a great time. An incredible amount of work and planning went into making the seminars a success. Thank you! Already looking forward to next year!

seacarl Oct 30, 2011 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by fti (Post 17362282)
I am at DL Skyclub for another 1/2 hour until 6.50pm. I will comp you in. PM me if interested. SkyClub is near E7.

Thanks for the offer. I was surprised not to see anyone at AA. I headed over to UA at B7. Goose Island!

Sweet Willie Oct 30, 2011 6:25 pm

soooo many great folks I met and so many that I never got to see/meet. (The good & bad of such a large group)

Talk was begun on a Chicago area dinner (my specialty;)) for AA flyers to futher discuss items started in the AA breakout. Sounds good to me, I'll get some dates together & start a poll thread in the Community Buzz forum.

Would the woman from the DC area who I was talking to at lunch (about Italy & Germany) on Saturday PM me, I neglected to take down your info & wish to PM you the links we were discussing.

--

Originally Posted by miffSC (Post 17354125)
Hoping to see more of you at the t-shirt table tomorrow!

miffSC, DID YOU BREAK EVEN ON THE T-SHIRTS??!!!??? (I really hope all who indicated they would purchase one, did so)
--
--

thegrailer Oct 30, 2011 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie (Post 17362560)
soooo many great folks I met and so many that I never got to see/meet. (The good & bad of such a large group)

Truro, N.S. :D - good meeting you

Sweet Willie Oct 30, 2011 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by thegrailer (Post 17362584)
Truro, N.S. :D - good meeting you

HA HA you got it !!!!!! Good job !!!:-::-: (for those that might be wondering www.truro.ca/berlinwall.html )

yes, pleasure to meet you in person as well.