FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   Frequent Traveler University-NYC April 30th, 2011 (EVENT IS NOW FULL) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1186030-frequent-traveler-university-nyc-april-30th-2011-event-now-full.html)

OceanBreezes May 2, 2011 8:21 pm

Great job with this event. I learned alot, met alot of fun and knowlegeable people...and, have many more blogs and websites to research now! I look forward to seeing many of you again in October.

znke252 May 2, 2011 10:13 pm

Thanks

Thanks to the organizers and volunteers for presenting such a dynamic event. As a newbie, I gained a wealth of info that needs further exploration. (I just wish we had all the deals in Canada that are available in the U.S.)

Also want to thank the attendees for sharing their expertise.

RichG May 3, 2011 8:23 pm

I had a great time. Thanks to Randy, Steve, Gary, and everyone else responsible. Just when you think you know so much more than civilians, you go to FTU and find out you really know next to nothing!

Had a great Chinese meal Friday night around the corner from the Sheraton in what someone earlier on the thread called "Queens Chinatown" (we Noo Yawkers just call it Flushing). There were 9 of us and I don't remember anyone's FT handle! (Considering we had a "sharing" group and a "non-sharing" group at the same table, settling up the check was amazingly painless.)

I hadn't seen Randy in about 5 years and he couldn't have been more gracious welcoming me to the happy hour.

One change from the last FT event I was at a few years ago... all of a sudden everyone is SO YOUNG!

dohvegas May 3, 2011 10:25 pm

I had coins but the 10 Euro bill acceptance resulted in a much lighter burden :)

Glad to meet everyone and learn more about FT!

-Henry

monnyc May 4, 2011 12:47 am

Thank you!

I want to add my thanks to all the organizers, speakers and everyone that made this such a great event! I learned a lot, met some great people and I am looking forward to the next one!^

yulmichael May 10, 2011 1:20 pm

survey

Originally Posted by tommy777 (Post 16314791)
Thank you soooo much for doing the raffle again, Sharon!

For the person who won the SWU, pls send me an email on [email protected] to claim.

Also, a BIG thanks to everyone making this such a huge success! My sincere apologies to the over 100 people who we could not fit this time around. As this was a first time effort for us, we didn't want to take any larger financial chances. It was either a 225 person room or a 500 person room. A big leap to take and due to short notice, it would have been tough to get all up to 500 people.

Steve Belkin who is the chairman for FTU, will send out a survey later this week. Please give us your feedback.

We encourage everyone to sign up for our friends hosting a Grand event, the Chicago Seminar late October.

Stay tuned for info about the next Frequent Traveler University!

The FTU was amazing.
Waiting for BEAUBO's survey as I have a few comments

Michael in YUL.

tommy777 May 17, 2011 9:52 am

Folks,

We've created a survey for the participants to give feedback on the first FTU.

Please take the survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/F97NJVX

I will also email everyone tonight

Thank you

CDKing May 17, 2011 6:21 pm

Everyone make sure to fill out the survey as it helps the organizers put on an even better event next time.

Just out of curiosity, Was the comped SPG Gold status mailing i received in any way related in staying at the hotel for the event?

tommy777 May 17, 2011 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by CDKing (Post 16404543)

Just out of curiosity, Was the comped SPG Gold status mailing i received in any way related in staying at the hotel for the event?

No, we can't take credit for that ;)