Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Frequent Traveler University-NYC April 30th, 2011 (EVENT IS NOW FULL)

Frequent Traveler University-NYC April 30th, 2011 (EVENT IS NOW FULL)

Old Apr 27, 2011, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA *Gold, Marriott PLT, Hyatt mid-tier whose stupid name I cannot ever recall
Olympia bus to EWR

Originally Posted by GoingAway
Check the NY forum, they have prices, etc but the bus from GrandCentral (also stops at Bryant Park and Port Authority) is the best bet imo to get to EWR
http://www.coachusa.com/info/olympia...wheretobuy.asp

IMO, the easiest connection from the #7 to the Olympia bus is at Bryant Park (5th Ave & 42nd st). Just exit the subway, and cross 42nd st.

You buy your ticket(cc option available) on board the bus when it stops at Port Authority. R/T option saves you a couple of dollars, provided you can use both tickets.
Sunday city traffic should be ok. If it were rush hour, the train out of Penn Stn would be a better option.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
I have a much simpler problem: How to get to the seminar Sheraton from LGA? Does Sheraton run a shuttle? Do I just have to cab it?

A slightly different NYC commute problem on Monday: How to get from Upper East Side to JFK (AA terminal)?

As you can tell, I am not exactly an expert on the area.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 12:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
When I checked LGA Sheraton website, it says it runs a shuttle from LGA to the hotel.

Can't help you on JFK question - as GoingAway suggests, you might want to check the NYC forum.

Cheers.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA *Gold, Marriott PLT, Hyatt mid-tier whose stupid name I cannot ever recall
UES to JFK

Originally Posted by aktchi
A slightly different NYC commute problem on Monday: How to get from Upper East Side to JFK (AA terminal)?
http://mta.info/nyct/maps/submap.htm

simplest option via train:
- #6 (downtown) to 51st/Lex, then switch to
- E train (Queensbound) to Sutphin Boulevard/ Archer Avenue
- exit subway, take elevator to top floor, and cross the LIRR platform to take
- AirTrain to Terminal 8 (AA)

Or, depending on where you are in the UES, use hopstop.com to give you better bus to subway info.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, PC PLT, SPG GLD
Aktchi,
I have used NY Airport Services many times. It runs from Grand Central Station, Port Authority Bus Terminal, Penn Station, Bryant Park. You can get the schedule here:
http://www.nyairportservice.com/
You can take the 4,5 or 6 train to Grand Central from UES or a cab. The express bus costs $15 to JFK and $12 to LGA, less for a roundtrip (and does not need to be the same airports).
Old Apr 27, 2011, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, PC PLT, SPG GLD
Originally Posted by GrizShel
What's the best way to get to Newark airport for a Sunday afternoon flight?
GrizShel:
I was considering this airport shuttle option, LGA-EWR is $32. I also have a 7:15PM flight out of EWR on Sunday. I am not familiar with them though and still need to confirm their schedule, which seems to be hourly only.
http://www.etsairshuttle.com/home1
Old Apr 28, 2011, 12:43 am

Programs: gold, titanium, platinum and diamond, but still no giraffe.
I have a room at the Sheraton I'm willing to give up if someone needs it. Friday night only. $139 group rate.

PM me if you want it, otherwise I'll cancel it Friday.

I'll also be staying at the LGA Marriott - and thanks to Sharon's post for reminding me to post this....
Old Apr 28, 2011, 3:19 am

Programs: QF, AA, UA, AS, SW, CO
FT Awards, Randy Summit, FTU tickets available

Didn't make it out of Australia this morning, so have tickets available for all 3 main events : Frequent Traveler Awards; Randy Petersen Exec Summit; & Frequent Traveler University to transfer to someone else or a few people.

Also have 2 reservations at the group rate: IN 28th OUT 29th, and IN 29th April OUT 1st May, both 2 double beds. Not sure what the transfer process is for the accommodations. If I don't hear anything about the rooms I'll cancel direct before penalty time.

Please PM me.

Storyteller
Old Apr 28, 2011, 5:24 am

Storyteller, I know someone who could probably use those rooms. I'll PM him to PM you.

Cheers.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 10:09 am

Has anyone taken the ETS shuttle from LGA-JFK? It appears no reservation is necessary and it is only $10. I am thinking about taking the Sheraton shuttle to LGA then the ETS to JFK instead of cabbing it. I have a 9pm flight Saturday.

I have a bed available in a double room at the Sheraton for Friday night. PM if interested. If you have a car, maybe we can make a ride/hotel deal.

Also, do you think that an April 30-May 1 stay will qualify for the "Starwood Stay 3, Get Away Free Night" promo that begins May 1?
Old Apr 28, 2011, 10:21 am

Looks like I may also have an extra bed available, so a room-mate would be welcome. Friday night only.

Contact me, or just find me.

In fact, feel especially free to cut in if you see any raffle-ticket seller walking in my direction!
Old Apr 28, 2011, 10:54 am

In fact, feel especially free to cut in if you see any raffle-ticket seller walking in my direction!
You can run but you can't hide

And after toting one of the raffle auction items through TSA, and having TSA, FAs & RCC agents comment on it, people better buy some tickets!

Trying to get to FT Awards tonight & LGA is a mess, with flights being severely delayed and/or cancelled. We won't even have an update for another hour if we'll be a go or just flatout cancelled on my flight.

Cheers.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Trying to get to FT Awards tonight & LGA is a mess, with flights being severely delayed and/or cancelled. We won't even have an update for another hour if we'll be a go or just flatout cancelled on my flight.
They must have found out about the raffle tickets you are carrying!
Old Apr 28, 2011, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
They must have found out about the raffle tickets you are carrying!
Why do I suspect you are somehow behind the reason for these delays?

....and (very) unfortunately I've just been called out with the pups for an mh/disaster response so I will not be attending. Would anyone like my ticket? I'm don't want any compensation, but would appreciate the taker buying raffle tix in the amount of the ticket price instead.

PM me if you want it.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by GrizShel
What's the best way to get to Newark airport for a Sunday afternoon flight?

It seems the purple subway line 7 is a straight shot to Grand Central Station, correct?
And from there what are the best options?
NJ Transit train?
Amtrak?
Shuttle services?
(I'm assuming a taxi costs significantly more for 1 person).

(I was previously thinking of taking a van from LGA, but it seems like this might cost more and take longer). It's pretty hard to find services, SuperShuttle wanted $90 (ouch!).
If you've got time: http://www.nysubway.com/airport/newark.html#path

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.