FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   Frequent Traveler University-NYC April 30th, 2011 (EVENT IS NOW FULL) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1186030-frequent-traveler-university-nyc-april-30th-2011-event-now-full.html)

aktchi Apr 15, 11 11:59 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777 (Post 16223867)
Does anyone know how far the Hampton Inn LGA is from the Sheraton. It's the best deal Ive found so far. Are there more discounted rooms at the Sheraton available? Anyone have any good promo codes for area hotels? Im also coming to the Thursday night FT Awards.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...1&ie=UTF8&z=15

Two miles. Because this is an airport area, great deals are unlikely.

hiharts Apr 16, 11 12:03 pm

Video available??

DANG! I'd love to be there. Any chance you are selling video of the sessions...

aktchi Apr 16, 11 1:48 pm

I am sure the organizers are planning to hawk the videos in front of major airports and hotels very soon. You must have exact change. :D

More likely...I am afraid not. However, please start participating in various forums and you'll pick a lot of that info, albeit in bits and pieces. There will be other similar seminars. Try attending the Chicago one in October: http://flyertalk.com/forum/community...tion-open.html

Welcome to FT!

yulmichael Apr 17, 11 2:08 pm

CANADA ?

Anybody coming from CANADA?
I'm coming from YUL
Michael

znke252 Apr 17, 11 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by yulmichael (Post 16234296)
Anybody coming from CANADA?
I'm coming from YUL
Michael

Yes... from YYZ..

CaseyN2 Apr 18, 11 4:47 am

Originally Posted by znke252 (Post 16235744)
Yes... from YYZ..

From YYZ but flying out of BUF on Friday.

SkyTeam777 Apr 18, 11 12:11 pm

Anyone need a roommate at the Sheraton? Im trying to get an affordable rate, but everything seems to be booked or really pricey!

CDKing Apr 18, 11 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777 (Post 16238719)
Anyone need a roommate at the Sheraton? Im trying to get an affordable rate, but everything seems to be booked or really pricey!

I'm trying to find my reservation to see if i requested a room with two beds. I need to cut down my cost as i'm about to go broke with OzFest next month. I'm not arriving until the Friday evening. Leaving sunday afternoon

aktchi Apr 18, 11 2:12 pm

Sharing the room?

I am open to the possibility of a room-mate to expenses. I'll be in the hotel only Friday night. I did request two beds. (A friend was supposed to join, now canceled.) Hope they will honor it.

About me: Male, mild snorer, etc., if such things even matter to hardcore MR's. :)

May not be able to see/respond to PMs till tomorrow.

znke252 Apr 18, 11 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by CaseyN2 (Post 16237084)
From YYZ but flying out of BUF on Friday.

Much smarter move.. that's why I need to attend this event. I spent too much $ on AC from YYZ to LGA... also arriving on Fri.

Mrp Alert Apr 19, 11 3:18 pm

My work forgot Easter was the week before and is reducing my off days by one :(

As such, pleased email me mrp.alert at yahoo if you are interested in acquiring my tickets. I also have tickets for Randy's event on the 29th.

Update- tickets claimed, organizers emailed. To those who can make it, have a blast!

Richard Chen Apr 20, 11 11:26 pm

Frequent Traveler University

Originally Posted by mschroed (Post 16207482)
no longer available

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert (Post 16246259)
... Update- tickets claimed, organizers emailed. To those who can make it, have a blast!

Originally Posted by From NYC (Post 16218794)
Just wanted to confirm publicly that sportsguymichael is taking my spot. Y'all have a great time!

Bummer but ditto the last parts all.

Originally Posted by rougepower (Post 16221187)
... if someone cannot make it in the end, please let me know...

Same here. Let me know, non-attendees!

Update: Nevermind, plans changed before a ticket was made available.

Originally Posted by tommy777 (Post 16195230)
... The next FT University will take place in Denver on September 10th 2011...

Sweet, now that one, I will make.

Originally Posted by hiharts (Post 16229269)
DANG! I'd love to be there. Any chance you are selling video of the sessions...

Probably not for obvious reasons though I sympathsize.

tommy777 Apr 21, 11 2:22 pm

Folks, it's shaping up to be an awesome event.

I'm getting a bunch of emails every day from people who want to attend, unfortunately, it has been at capacity for quite some time.

I'm so sorry we didn't got for a larger room for the event. :(

If you have a ticket and you're not able to make it, pls post it here so some of the people who really want to go can take it of your hands.

Luvtworce Apr 22, 11 4:32 am

FT University

Due to unfortunate family circumstances my plans to fly to NYC are being cancelled. I have a ticket and will not be able to attend so PM me I guess if you are in need. Jane

Marathon Man Apr 22, 11 4:58 am

Originally Posted by Luvtworce (Post 16261420)
Due to unfortunate family circumstances my plans to fly to NYC are being cancelled. I have a ticket and will not be able to attend so PM me I guess if you are in need. Jane

I may have a friend who wants this spot. Will know ASAP!

thanks

MM