FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   Frequent Traveler University-NYC April 30th, 2011 (EVENT IS NOW FULL) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1186030-frequent-traveler-university-nyc-april-30th-2011-event-now-full.html)

tommy777 Apr 10, 2011 6:42 pm

All, the event is now FULL.

Sorry if you missed the boat, but we do actually allow people to transfer the tickets, so if you have bought a spot, feel free to post it here if you can't go.

The next FT University will take place in Denver on September 10th 2011, in conjunction with SMDIII. Details will follow shortly

Thank you all for signing up

tommy777 Apr 10, 2011 11:01 pm

Financial disclosure

All,

Due to the current debate started by a handful of Flyertalkers claiming that this event is a "commercial venture", I've decided to fully disclose the income, cost and expenses of this DO. It will be available at the event in April and also posted online in this thread. :)

Dovster Apr 11, 2011 5:56 am

Originally Posted by tommy777 (Post 16196140)
All,

Due to the current debate started by a handful of Flyertalkers claiming that this event is a "commercial venture", I've decided to fully disclose the income, cost and expenses of this DO. It will be available at the event in April and also posted online in this thread. :)

You arranged for the hotel to charge $149 per night. It is now sold out but the preceding weekend its prices start at $169 per night.

You are asking for $49 for drinks for Friday night and breakfast, lunch, and snacks on Saturday. I paid more than that (per person) for one meal in Atlanta -- and I was the only one who had a drink.

If you can get me bargains like this whenever I travel, even without the seminars, I will be happy to let you make all of my arrangements -- and won't care in the least if you pocket a fortune.

From NYC Apr 11, 2011 12:11 pm

I am presently registered for the event and cannot go due to a meeting that's come up out of town. If someone wants my spot, post a reply or PM me.

I'm about to cancel 2 nights at the hotel @ the special rate, the Friday night before and the Saturday of the event. Can't say whether those nights'll show up as available at the rate.

Have fun everyone and I'm sorry to be missing it and you all.

**Just an update that the nights at the hotel 29April-1May have been cancelled. Happy trails to whoever gets them.

markmuso Apr 12, 2011 9:25 am

Originally Posted by From NYC (Post 16199180)
I am presently registered for the event and cannot go due to a meeting that's come up out of town. If someone wants my spot, post a reply or PM me.

I'm about to cancel 2 nights at the hotel @ the special rate, the Friday night before and the Saturday of the event. Can't say whether those nights'll show up as available at the rate.

Have fun everyone and I'm sorry to be missing it and you all.

**Just an update that the nights at the hotel 29April-1May has been cancelled. Happy trails to whoever gets them.

From NYC, just PM'd you about buying your event tix. Hopefully still available. Thanks!

-Mark

From NYC Apr 12, 2011 9:46 am

Originally Posted by markmuso (Post 16204581)
From NYC, just PM'd you about buying your event tix. Hopefully still available. Thanks!

-Mark

And PM'd you back a short moment ago.

mschroed Apr 12, 2011 5:39 pm

I have a ticket, too, that I can't use

no longer available

straightahead Apr 13, 2011 11:01 am

I noticed that there are multiple topics for each time slot. Do we have to pick one of the topics in each time slot?

From NYC Apr 14, 2011 12:59 pm

Just wanted to confirm publicly that sportsguymichael is taking my spot.

Y'all have a great time!

jackplum Apr 14, 2011 5:36 pm

Looking for a ticket

PM me

Thanks

beaubo Apr 14, 2011 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by straightahead (Post 16211461)
I noticed that there are multiple topics for each time slot. Do we have to pick one of the topics in each time slot?

For the first two morning and first two afternoon sessions, there will be multiple topics covered within each session, so no need to choose.

The last morning and afternoon sessions are breakout sessions that will allow you to get more in depth and individual attention about the particular alliance that you are most interested in.

tommy777 Apr 14, 2011 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by From NYC (Post 16218794)
Just wanted to confirm publicly that sportsguymichael is taking my spot.

Y'all have a great time!

Thanks for making sure we have the name change.

For everyone who are transfering tickets to others, please make sure we have the full name of the person you are transfering the ticket to.

Either PM me or send an email at [email protected]

Thanks

rougepower Apr 14, 2011 8:51 pm

Interested in 3 places for the NY event

:cool: Hi Flyertalkers!!

I'm very interested in attending the April 30th event @ NY... I know it's full but if someone cannot make it in the end, please let me know. I am looking for 3 places ideally. I would be very happy if I could get at least 1 spot.

Please PM me.

Thanks a lot,;)

BTA Apr 15, 2011 8:19 am

rooms at Sheraton?

are there any more rooms available at the Sheraton? it seemed like more would be made available, but not sure if that's the case or how to access them.

Thanks

SkyTeam777 Apr 15, 2011 9:56 am

Originally Posted by BTA (Post 16223265)
are there any more rooms available at the Sheraton? it seemed like more would be made available, but not sure if that's the case or how to access them.

Thanks

Does anyone know how far the Hampton Inn LGA is from the Sheraton. It's the best deal Ive found so far. Are there more discounted rooms at the Sheraton available? Anyone have any good promo codes for area hotels? Im also coming to the Thursday night FT Awards.