Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Frequent Traveler University-NYC April 30th, 2011 (EVENT IS NOW FULL)

Frequent Traveler University-NYC April 30th, 2011 (EVENT IS NOW FULL)

Old Mar 16, 2011, 2:05 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by michaelm69
any chance anyone will ever do a seminar on the west coast...preferably Los angeles?
I can promise you that we are looking in to having 4 seminars a year and a cooperation with the Chicago DO. We are already looking to have one in Denver around SMD III.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 11:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, PC PLT, SPG GLD
Originally Posted by gleff
I haven't really thought through it yet, the event isn't until October But as a starting point presumably, though I'll see if I can get a handle whether most people attending are repeat folks or new.
I understand, didn't mean to rush things or anything. The only "bad" thing about the Chicago Do is that with so many great speakers it's almost impossible for me to choose one over the other w/o regrets. It's great to have more than one event to give us more choices, so thank you to the organizers and speakers.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 1:52 pm

Folks, we are at almost 70% booked now. Get it while you still can
Old Mar 18, 2011, 4:30 pm

Want to attend, how do I register?
Old Mar 18, 2011, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA MM-1P, Hilton Life Diamond, Marriot Life Gold, ICH Spire
Just found out about the event & registered!
I'm local in NYC, so probably no hotel, but even if I need one it will be one of the others in the neighborhood. Is there / can there / be any arrangement regarding parking at the Sheraton?
Old Mar 18, 2011, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is the registration fee refundable if we cancel by a certain date. Im interested too, are there going to be concurrent sessions or just a few big ones where we dont have a choice as to what we hear?
Old Mar 18, 2011, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Im trying to register, but the web site wont let me. Im in Beijing at the moment, perhaps that's the problem. Pleaser reserve a spot for me and let me know how to submit my payment, thanks!
Old Mar 18, 2011, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA LT G (1MM);DL G, UA GM
I just registered, though I only found out about FTU via the FT newsletter which came today. I wasn't planning to come to the Friday happy hour, but somehow the form insisted on having my name and e-mail in those spaces, so I'll keep the option on the table for now.

Local, so no need for the hotel. Looking forward to it!
Old Mar 19, 2011, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I registered, but what a frustrating system! It wouldnt let me pay by credit card...only my paypal balance. Ive never been able to get paypal to take a credit card payment either sending one out or receiving one. I HATE paypal!
Old Mar 19, 2011, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I registered, but what a frustrating system! It wouldnt let me pay by credit card...only my paypal balance. Ive never been able to get paypal to take a credit card payment either sending one out or receiving one. I HATE paypal!
While I also greatly dislike the pa ypal process and do not trust them, setting up papal with a cc to make the payments was easy enough and sufficed for those only papal txns I new needed to complete. Only reason you may have a problem if its so non us card, so unsure why you have so many problems. Pita absolutely; impossible, no
Old Mar 19, 2011, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
I do not like paypal either.
I often have troubles and right now--on a nice weekend morning--I do not care to recall all of those. Fact is, it can be, well, what was the word Andy Dufrense used when speaking to the warden in the Shawshank Redemption? Obtuse.

Anyway I find it's useful ONLY when dealing in cash like from a bank transfer to pay a person a few $$ or when Big Crumbs pays me cash back from buying gift cards online. Otherwise I do not like it when companies or individuals 'force' me to use it.

I have not yet registered for this event and will do so if I can attend and if there's still room, but I will not know that until about a week from now. At that time I would really honestly prefer an alternate method than using paypal. If there is one I will do it. I don't even have to earn miles when paying in to the cause! (GASP!)

MM
Old Mar 20, 2011, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by karns
Want to attend, how do I register?
http://guestli.st/46425

Im trying to register, but the web site wont let me. Im in Beijing at the moment, perhaps that's the problem. Pleaser reserve a spot for me and let me know how to submit my payment, thanks!
China and internet in general is complicated, we all know that.

You can pay with a credit card at the last page

Under the Paypayl log in space on the last check out page, it says "Pay with a credit card". Just remove were it says "Save this information with a Paypal account"
Old Mar 20, 2011, 10:15 am

For those of you who want to book the hotel, I'm sending out the link to everyone tomorrow.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 2:12 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
Is the registration fee refundable if we cancel by a certain date. Im interested too, are there going to be concurrent sessions or just a few big ones where we dont have a choice as to what we hear?
We are offering each registrant a 'travel profile' to fill out, so that both general content AND breakout sessions best reflect the earning/burning priorities and program affiliations of the group.

So for example, if there is a general session on Upgrades, we will likely have smaller, shorter concurrent sessions afterward for each of the three alliances where more unique and specific scenarios and questions can be addressed.

Hope that helps.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 1:49 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
The agenda!!

Finally, a seminar that seeks to level the playing field for frequent flyers to best benefit from their airline mileage programs- Frequent Traveler University

850a-900a Opening Remarks

MORNING: EARNING

905a-1015a Part 1: Earning By Flying
Fare Classes: How Flying 1 Mile Could Earn You 2.5 miles or .25 miles!
Elite Status: How to Transform Precious Metals Into Precious Bonus Miles!
Mileage Running: How To Top-Off Your Account To Achieve Elite Status or Reach Award Redemption Threshold

1015-1030a Break

1030-1140a Part 2: Earning By Buying
Credit Cards: Sign Up Bonuses and Most Points Per Dollar of Spending
Mileage Transfers: How Credit Card, Hotel and Your Best Friends Can Pad Your Account
Fire Sales: When Airlines Sell Their Miles and Mileage Mall Products For A Can't-Resist Price

1145a-1215p Part 3: Off the Podium, Into The Firing Line: Breakout Session Q&A

- Star Alliance (United, Continental, US Air, Air Canada, Lufthansa among others)
- oneworld (American, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Iberia among others)
- Skyteam (Delta, Air France/KLM, Alitalia, Korean Air among others) and independents (Virgin, El Al, Emirates, Alaska among others)

1215-130p Lunch Break

AFTERNOON: BURNING

145p-245p Part 4: Putting A Value On Your Miles
The Tipping Point: When to Redeem Awards and When to Buy a Ticket
The Tipping Point 2: When to Use Award Tickets Vs. Upgrading Paid Tickets For Business Class
OutSourcing Mileage: Off-The Radar, But On-Target Foreign-Based Mileage Program Awards

245p-355p Part 5: Award Redemption Strategies
Is Israel in Asia or Europe?: Understanding Award Charts- Zones Vs. Mileage-Based
Expanding The Reach of Your Award Ticket: Understanding Routing, Stopover and Open Jaw Rules
Getting From 'No' To 'No Problem': The Art of Turning The Phone Agent Into Your Advocate...and Getting Your Hard-To-Book Award

355-405p Break

405-435p Part 6: Where Our Speakers Become YOUR Advocates: Breakout Session Q&A
- Star Alliance (United, Continental, US Air, Air Canada, Lufthansa among others) (Gary)
- oneworld (American, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Iberia among others) (Ben)
- Skyteam (Delta, Air France/KLM, Alitalia, Korean Air among others) and independents (Virgin, El Al, Emirates, Alaska among others) (Steve)

435-515p Part 7: Randy Petersen- World's First and Foremost Frequent Flyer Guru: Surveys 30 Years Of Mileage Program History

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.