Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Join us for a flight with Captain Denny on March 26 (and dinner on March 25) 2011!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Join us for a flight with Captain Denny on March 26 (and dinner on March 25) 2011!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2011, 6:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by flo-e
Is there anything planned in ORD for tonight? I'm here from Switzerland, staying at the airport Holiday Inn.
Dinner is planned at Intercontinental O'Hare, 8.30pm. Definitely go!
Old Mar 26, 2011, 6:54 pm

Programs: LH
thanks for the info, I hope I can make it
Old Mar 26, 2011, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP
Unfortunately the info is too late for me. Have fun all.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
I want to thank Lucky for arranging all of the Dinner, Tour and Flight with Capt. Denny.

Luckily I was able to join the Morning Tour and see all of you off the flight.

It was so fun being with you at RCC and after the tour I canceled my and +1 tickets the staff at RCC was so great I got to reschedule my tickets for May 14

Originally Posted by boxo
We're dominating SFO T3 RCC! (muah, ha, ha, ha, haaaaaaaa...)
I was so happy to be able to join the SFO Morning Tour, we did take over the whole RCC

Originally Posted by goalie
Great seeing everyone last night with A huge shout out and thanks to Captain Denny, Captain Mark and F/O Pat ^^ (with numbers ) (and also to FriendlySkies for guesting me into the lounge at the Hyatt ^)
goalie, sorry I missed seeing you last night for the dinner, you should have join us this Morning, it was a fantastic tour.. (Thank Lucky for arranging this)

Originally Posted by ryandc99
Nice to meet all of you last night!
ryandc99, glad you were able to join and see bigger DO than the Dim Sum DO.

Originally Posted by aau
Great dinner last night, great to see Captain Denny again. I'm sure the party is ragin' on UA760 right now.
What did you guy get from Capt. Denny, he usually have a lot of gift for us.

Originally Posted by the_happiness_store
Unfortunately the info is too late for me. Have fun all.
FS is looking forward to see you in Morning for Breakfast
Old Mar 26, 2011, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA GS/2MM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond
It's now about an hour after this flight landed, and I'm surprised nobody's posted yet. I'm in the ORD IFL, waiting on UA843 to GRU.

For those of you who missed my introduction by Capt Denny himself, I had no idea this was going on - was simply heading down to GRU for work with a colleague. Recognized Capt Denny at the door, mentioned I was a FlyerTalker, and he walked me into the cabin, prompting the rest of you for a show of hands. I suspect you guys know for sure, but my guess is 75+% of the F cabin was FlyerTalkers.

For those who couldn't make it, the flight was pleasant and smooth. Capt Denny greeted the arriving pax personally, hand-wrote a thanks to each of the F-cabin pax (and perhaps others) on his biz cards, and gave away his usual bottles of wine toward the end of the flight.

Throughout, FlyerTalkers dominated the F-cabin aisles and galley area, and the level of chitchat and boisterous laughter reminded me of a charter flight - or pretty much any flight on Alitalia. Not to mention the wild applause for the landing (and some of the inflight announcements).

Sorry I won't be able to make dinner, hope you all have a great time! Lucky, I'll keep a better eye out for these opportunities in future.

Cheers!
Old Mar 26, 2011, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by karung99
FS is looking forward to see you in Morning for Breakfast
I will be up in the morning. Make sure he schedules because our friend Boxo is also here.

I will see you when I see you. Hopefully +1 is getting healthier.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 10:32 pm

Thank you to United personnel, Captain Denny, First Officer Pat, Lucky and others for such a fun time at dinner and at the SFO Morning Tour. It was fascinating to see behind the scenes how United operates from cargo to control room and ask questions about future integration with the merger.

Again, I loved attending and look forward to coming to future DOs.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 11:13 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I made it to the Blackstone after a long walk in the frigid cold and am sitting in my corner room on the 21st floor overlooking the lake - a perfect ending to a fantastic day.

Thank you, Lucky, Captain Denny, the cabin crew and United Team SFO!

PS - If anyone is downtown Sunday, you're welcome to come by for evening drinks in the lounge. Opens at 5pm. Send me a PM.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by rudling
It's now about an hour after this flight landed, and I'm surprised nobody's posted yet. I'm in the ORD IFL, waiting on UA843 to GRU.

For those of you who missed my introduction by Capt Denny himself, I had no idea this was going on - was simply heading down to GRU for work with a colleague. Recognized Capt Denny at the door, mentioned I was a FlyerTalker, and he walked me into the cabin, prompting the rest of you for a show of hands. I suspect you guys know for sure, but my guess is 75+% of the F cabin was FlyerTalkers.

For those who couldn't make it, the flight was pleasant and smooth. Capt Denny greeted the arriving pax personally, hand-wrote a thanks to each of the F-cabin pax (and perhaps others) on his biz cards, and gave away his usual bottles of wine toward the end of the flight.

Throughout, FlyerTalkers dominated the F-cabin aisles and galley area, and the level of chitchat and boisterous laughter reminded me of a charter flight - or pretty much any flight on Alitalia. Not to mention the wild applause for the landing (and some of the inflight announcements).

Sorry I won't be able to make dinner, hope you all have a great time! Lucky, I'll keep a better eye out for these opportunities in future.

Cheers!
Hope you enjoyed the flight to ORD! I feel as though my next few flights will be a bit disappointing, as the crews may not be as fun..

Thanks to everybody who made this a wonderful day! As promised, I'll be posting the photos that I took, just as soon as I finish editing

Old Mar 27, 2011, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
First, a HUGE THANK YOU to Captain Denny, Lucky, the UA SFO team, FO Pat and our FA Crew for UA760!

The tour at SFO Saturday morning was fantastic - what a great opportunity for us. I enjoyed meeting some new (to me) FT faces, and of course seeing some good friends I've known for some time. Friday's dinner was enjoyable - good choice on the venue - Saturday's dinner was even better!

UA760 was a good time had by all! Well, almost all...I'm fairly certain the few non-FTers in the F cabin were sure what to make of it all. Maybe we should've been lobbying for those skykits to be handed out to them for having to put up with us? The crew, particularly those in the F cabin, was just wonderful and I think we kept them fairly entertained...especially after they figured out what we were doing during the SMI/J video. It goes without saying that flying with Capt. Denny and FO Pat made for a great flight -- except maybe they could've flown a bit slower.

If I tried to expand beyond those comments...we'd be here for a week. Thanks again to all who were involved with this weekend - whether by organizing or attending.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 5:14 pm

Exclamation UA SFO Station Manager & Terminal Director Contact Information

As promised yesterday, I have the contact information for the Station Manager and Terminal Director of SFO Operations in the event anyone would like to contact them and let them know their thoughts and appreciation for their team's efforts yesterday. As several of us know, the managers who so generously spent a good portion of their morning with us yesterday are all essentially having to re-apply & interview for their jobs; I'm sure some positive feedback would be very much appreciated. Likewise if anyone would like to thank her for her efforts in coordinating yesterday's event at SFO. If anyone would like the Terminal Director's contact information, please drop me a PM and I'm more than happy to pass that along.

Last edited by cawhite; Mar 28, 2011 at 9:32 pm
Old Mar 27, 2011, 5:20 pm

Exclamation UA760 FAs -- Inflight Supervisor Infomration

Also as promised, I have the names of our FAs from UA760 and the contact information for their Inflight Supervisor in the event anyone would like to contact him and pass along their comments from our flight yesterday. They were a fantastic crew to have assigned to us (especially those working the F cabin) and they did a great job throughout the flight. Please drop me a PM if you'd like the contact information for their Inflight Supervisor.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Here is a link to the photos that I shot on Friday & Saturday. Feel free to download them for personal use. If you want to use the photos for a blog, etc, please PM me. I enjoyed meeting everybody that was in attendance ^

http://friendlyskies.smugmug.com/MRs...30832265_dPEec

Last edited by FriendlySkies; Mar 27, 2011 at 9:36 pm
Old Mar 28, 2011, 7:14 am

Great pictures FriendlySkies thank you for sharing.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 7:55 am

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Originally Posted by gomike
Great pictures FriendlySkies thank you for sharing.
adding a very emphatic +1 ^

thanks all for a great experience!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.