Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Join us for a flight with Captain Denny on March 26 (and dinner on March 25) 2011!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Join us for a flight with Captain Denny on March 26 (and dinner on March 25) 2011!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2011, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iluv2fly
FriendlySkies, just don't let iluv2fly offer you his breadstick(s), as he's known to do...
Originally Posted by BTA

Also waitlisted, H class
H class?!?!? Darn you! So this should actually be an interesting experiment as to how upgrade clearance actually works. Anyone else booked above a "V" class?

Originally Posted by fooko2002
The party will definitely be in E+, didn't I hear UA installed Xbox Kinect on their 763 fleet? lucky9876coins will be busting out his wicked moves to Poker Face!
C'mon now, I'll be too busy listening to Channel 9 making sure Captain Denny doesn't miss any calls.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 5:08 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
FriendlySkies, just don't let iluv2fly offer you his breadstick(s), as he's known to do........
You're no fun-shhhhhhhh
Old Mar 22, 2011, 5:24 pm

New to Flyertalk, but avid reader of Lucky's blog.

Put me down for the dinner and the pre-party only. I live in the East Bay and so will drive. If anyone needs a ride from anywhere else (even from SJC to restaurant), I would be happy to help. Just send me a PM to arrange.

To answer the status questions, I am not staying at the Hyatt, and wish I were Hyatt Diamond or foreign *G. I do, however, have one RCC pass I can gift.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mmsnow
New to Flyertalk, but avid reader of Lucky's blog.
Welcome to FlyerTalk (and did I mention you're awesome?)! Look forward to meeting you.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA, IHG
Alright - assuming no work situations come up at the last minute: I'm in!

I won't be able to make it to the dinner, as my flight gets in too late, but I should be around for at least breakfast/RCC/UA760/afterparty.

To answer lucky's questions:
1) No - Staying at the Westin SFO Airport just down the road
2) No
3) Yes - RCC Member

I'll also staying over at the ORD IC on Saturday night - I assume the F&F rate is the best way to go on this? (It prices the standard room out at $81+, which I feel like is probably the best deal around...)
Old Mar 22, 2011, 6:20 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by hausrath
I'll also staying over at the ORD IC on Saturday night - I assume the F&F rate is the best way to go on this? (It prices the standard room out at $81+, which I feel like is probably the best deal around...)
Wow, I can't believe that rate is available for booking < 7 days out. One bedroom suite is going for $149+. Nice.

Just in case anyone needs to book cheaper, I know Priceline 4* ORD Sat night was going for $46 ($60 all in) a few days ago.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 1:18 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hausrath
...I'll also staying over at the ORD IC on Saturday night - I assume the F&F rate is the best way to go on this? (It prices the standard room out at $81+, which I feel like is probably the best deal around...)
Forgive the ignorant question from someone who rarely stays at an IC: What is the F&F rate, and how does one get it?
Old Mar 23, 2011, 4:12 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Sorry! I meant to edit my post earlier with the link.

Intercontinental Hotels Group Senior VP of Marketing Steve Sickel shared his Friends & Family link with Randy a couple years ago and Randy shared it with his friends and family via his blog. So, it's legit. Nothing to worry about IDing your friend or family. Bookmark it. ^
Old Mar 23, 2011, 4:29 am

Location: MCO (Big Iron), ORL (Little Iron) formerly SFO and PAO/SFB
Programs: UA 1MM/Gold/UC, SPG PLT LTG, Marriott PLT, peon at AA, AC, BR, B6, DL, NH, and WN
Out of curiosity, how many of you are confirmed in first class so far?
I am - burned a CR1.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 4:33 am

Location: MCO (Big Iron), ORL (Little Iron) formerly SFO and PAO/SFB
Programs: UA 1MM/Gold/UC, SPG PLT LTG, Marriott PLT, peon at AA, AC, BR, B6, DL, NH, and WN
Rides to Max's Burlingame

I'm in the northern portion of the Peninsula. If you need rides to/from BART/Caltrain stations for the dinner, please PM/e-mail me directly.

Closest BART/Caltrain station to dinner - Millbrae
Old Mar 23, 2011, 5:42 am
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC

H class?!?!? Darn you! So this should actually be an interesting experiment as to how upgrade clearance actually works. Anyone else booked above a "V" class?

My upgrade cleared overnight, I am in H class. Guess I'll be a snob sitting in FC, but I'll join the party wherever it is. (after I enjoy my hot nuts).

BTW, I'm in 4F currently. I usually avoid middle seats on the ghetto bird due to crap overhead bins, but as I figured easy aisle access would be preferred.

Last edited by BTA; Mar 23, 2011 at 9:35 am Reason: added seating info
Old Mar 23, 2011, 6:29 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
I cleared last night on a V fare (1K).
Old Mar 23, 2011, 6:49 am

I have cleared also

Anyone flying in on UA973 on Friday like me?

Last edited by gomike; Mar 23, 2011 at 8:21 am
Old Mar 23, 2011, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Upgrade cleared. 2J for me.

3C on the late ORD-LAX on Saturday.

Still waitlisted on FRA-ORD, BOS-SFO!!
Old Mar 23, 2011, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Pat89339
Should we dress up for dinner as well?
Not especially, though clothing is required.
Hyatt bathrobe and slippers .. is that ok?

-David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.