Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Join us for a flight with Captain Denny on March 26 (and dinner on March 25) 2011!

Join us for a flight with Captain Denny on March 26 (and dinner on March 25) 2011!

Old Mar 15, 2011, 6:23 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Originally Posted by goalie
It's about time you listened to me as I've been hucking you about Max's for the longest time . Now I just have took at the finances and transportation as I'll probably be car-less by that time
We could share a shuttle from the airport to Max's
But I'd have to figure out how to get to and from SFO (and BART + Muni will take forever.....)
Old Mar 15, 2011, 6:39 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Originally Posted by boxo
Well, there ya go. Crowne Plaza is a half-block south of Max's.

For folks coming from the airport, take the Holiday Inn Express SFO South/Burlingame shuttle. Max's is next door.

Flight booked.
Thanks for the logistical help & great to see you're in for the whole shebang ^
Old Mar 15, 2011, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
... I finally got around to making a reservation at Max's Burlingame for 8PM,...
Haven't eaten at Max's in a while, but the last time I did, I was very impressed with how prodigious the portions were. And it tasted VERY good as well.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 7:24 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Great! Dinner on Friday as well, or just the flight?

As far as Saturday goes, for those of you spending the night in Chicago, where are you staying?
Still working out Friday plans. Might not be able to get there till 9-ish.

I'll be at the Blackstone. Anyone else going that direction?

Originally Posted by goalie
But I'd have to figure out how to get to and from SFO (and BART + Muni will take forever.....)
Hitch a ride with someone coming from the city.

Originally Posted by bk3day
Thanks for the logistical help & great to see you're in for the whole shebang ^
Every once in a great while I'm good for something.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 7:41 pm

As far as Saturday goes, for those of you spending the night in Chicago, where are you staying?
I'm at the W Lakeshore.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 9:31 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

On Michigan Avenue, above the Ritz.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1K, DL 1MM/Silver
I booked the Captain Denny flight weeks ago, made the reservation for the Hyatt, then forgot to book the flight TO SFO. Due to steep fares 9 days out, I booked to SJC and have a ow rental to SFO.

Scheduled arrival @ SJC is 6:30pm. It would be just awful have to take a vdb and a reroute to SFO along the way.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by geoffco
I booked the Captain Denny flight weeks ago, made the reservation for the Hyatt, then forgot to book the flight TO SFO. Due to steep fares 9 days out, I booked to SJC and have a ow rental to SFO.

Scheduled arrival @ SJC is 6:30pm. It would be just awful have to take a vdb and a reroute to SFO along the way.
You aren't alone.

I booked SFO-ORD early on & then much later realized I forgot to book the JFK-SFO flight.

When I went to book that, all NYC-SFO fares had tripled!

Luckily, just before I had resigned myself to booking ex-HPN, the p.s. fares dropped back down to their typically high but at least in this instance, much cheaper level.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 8:01 am

Programs: AA LT Gold (MM), WN A-List, Fairmont L/T Plat, HH Diamond
We'll be in town @ the SF Fairmont if anyone is staying there. Put us down as currently a maybe on dinner, I'll have to ping Ms. UNHBuzzard to gauge interest.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 6:34 pm

FYI Hyatt 24 hr Sale - ends Tonight

For those of you staying at the Hyatt SFO, there's a 24 hr sale that drops the 3/25 nightly rate to $111.75/night

"Book on each hotel's individual website by 11:59 pm CT TODAY using code <SF24FB> to save on your stays at Grand Hyatt San Francisco, Hyatt Regency San Francisco, Hyatt at Fisherman's Wharf, Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport and Hyatt Regency Santa Clara"

hope that helps most of you, me I'm now just doubly bummed I'm staying at the CP SFO (the sacrifices we make for promos )
Old Mar 17, 2011, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Depends on what festivities get planned and where for Sat night. Anything in the works?
Old Mar 17, 2011, 7:30 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by jmd001
Depends on what festivities get planned and where for Sat night. Anything in the works?
Maybe lucky will throw a minibar party in his suite at the IC! ^
Old Mar 17, 2011, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Maybe lucky will throw a minibar party in his suite at the IC! ^
I am leaving Sat around 5 p.m. out of ORD back to SFO, I don't mind afternoon minibar party in lucky suite

What a great idea!
Old Mar 17, 2011, 11:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K
waterstrider and I are in for both dinner on the 25th and confirmed for the party flight. Friday night we'll be at the Hyatt SFO, and Saturday we'll be in 5 E and F.

We haven't seen Captain Denny since StarMegaDO II / the FT awards when we played shuffle board with him at the hotel bar. I'm sure this event will be a blast.

Can't wait to see everyone.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 1:33 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by karung99
I am leaving Sat around 5 p.m. out of ORD back to SFO, I don't mind afternoon minibar party in lucky suite

What a great idea!
You mean Sun, right?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.