Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Join us for a flight with Captain Denny on March 26 (and dinner on March 25) 2011!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Join us for a flight with Captain Denny on March 26 (and dinner on March 25) 2011!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2011, 9:03 pm
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
I'm In!

I have been fretting about the costs of this, but I ended up with a meeting in SF that week, so I'm in for both dinner and the flight!
Old Mar 10, 2011, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Excellent, shaping up nicely!^ We're up to 19 on the flight, not including Captain Denny and FO. Who wants to be #20?
Old Mar 10, 2011, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

And I just received word that Captain Andy, the SFO chief pilot, will be joining us for dinner as well!^
Old Mar 10, 2011, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Premier Plat, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Excellent, shaping up nicely!^ We're up to 19 on the flight, not including Captain Denny and FO. Who wants to be #20?
I do, but I can't. Working that weekend...

I even have an award ticket I could use to get First class for free. Waaahhhhhh!!!!!
Old Mar 10, 2011, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
I always knew there was something about this guy I liked...
Good answer

And I just received word that Captain Andy, the SFO chief pilot, will be joining us for dinner as well!^
Excellent ^ This is going to be a very fun dinner You'll even have the Minister of Magnificent Images there to take photos
Old Mar 11, 2011, 10:11 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Great news - I look forward to meeting him and definitely appreciate him taking the time from his schedule to join us!
Old Mar 13, 2011, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Have any decisions been made respecting where the FRi dinner will be held?

I'm trying to finalize my hotel plans. My initial plan was to spend both Thurs & Fri night in the city.

However, since I'm without car, I'm wondering transit-wise, for Fri night, if I'm better off staying out by SFO.

If so, I'd likely stay at either the SFO Crowne Plaza or the Fairfield Inn.

Neither are my ideal choices but I gotta wrap up those promos, ya know
Old Mar 14, 2011, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA
Add fuw3 +1 guest as both a maybe for dinner. Thanks!

Last edited by fuw3; Mar 14, 2011 at 6:15 pm
Old Mar 15, 2011, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Sorry about the delay on a restaurant for Friday night. I finally got around to making a reservation at Max's Burlingame for 8PM, where we'll have the banquet room. I made it late since many people are flying in. We can have a pre-party in the Regency Club at the Hyatt Regency, given that many of us are Diamond members and should be able to guest several into the club.

If anyone else wants to join us either for dinner or the flight, by all means do. We'd love to have you!
Old Mar 15, 2011, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Sorry about the delay on a restaurant for Friday night. I finally got around to making a reservation at Max's Burlingame for 8PM, where we'll have the banquet room. I made it late since many people are flying in. We can have a pre-party in the Regency Club at the Hyatt Regency, given that many of us are Diamond members and should be able to guest several into the club.

If anyone else wants to join us either for dinner or the flight, by all means do. We'd love to have you!
Looks pretty good..

Here are menus: http://www.maxsworld.com/maxs/map.php?id=17

Location info: http://www.maxsworld.com/maxs/locations.php?Id=17
Old Mar 15, 2011, 5:10 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Top of climb
Are most people overnighting near ORD and then heading out the next morning? Trying to decide whether to go with an airport hotel or Chicago downtown proper, for a flight out Sunday evening.
Originally Posted by davef139
Where is there going to be dinner on Sat? I will be in ORD area Sat with a car too and could probably go...
Any plans for post-flight DO(s)? I'll be downtown through Monday.

Originally Posted by bk3day
... the SFO Crowne Plaza or the Fairfield Inn
Well, there ya go. Crowne Plaza is a half-block south of Max's.

For folks coming from the airport, take the Holiday Inn Express SFO South/Burlingame shuttle. Max's is next door.

... If anyone else wants to join us either for dinner or the flight, by all means do. We'd love to have you!
Flight booked.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 5:14 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie

It's about time you listened to me as I've been hucking you about Max's for the longest time . Now I just have took at the finances and transportation as I'll probably be car-less by that time
Old Mar 15, 2011, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goalie
It's about time you listened to me as I've been hucking you about Max's for the longest time . Now I just have took at the finances and transportation as I'll probably be car-less by that time
We could share a shuttle from the airport to Max's
Old Mar 15, 2011, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by boxo
Flight booked.
Great! Dinner on Friday as well, or just the flight?

As far as Saturday goes, for those of you spending the night in Chicago, where are you staying?
Old Mar 15, 2011, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As far as Saturday goes, for those of you spending the night in Chicago, where are you staying?
I'll be at the ORD Hyatt Regency. Flight back to MCI is at 10:30am on Sunday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.