FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   Join us for a flight with Captain Denny on March 26 (and dinner on March 25) 2011! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1185151-join-us-flight-captain-denny-march-26-dinner-march-25-2011-a.html)

lucky9876coins Mar 25, 2011 5:43 pm

Sorry folks, I bumped! I promise I'll do my best to still make it to dinner... as close to on time as possible... hopefully you're still there tomorrow morning... okay?;)

GoAmtrak Mar 25, 2011 5:56 pm

Wish I could make it. Hope everyone has a great time. Three cheers for Captain Denny!

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins (Post 16102940)
Sorry folks, I bumped! I promise I'll do my best to still make it to dinner... as close to on time as possible... hopefully you're still there tomorrow morning... okay?;)

Congrats on the bump! I'm sure everyone will enjoy the fruits of your labor putting together this DO. ^

boxo Mar 25, 2011 6:18 pm

Anyone in SFO T3 RCC now? I'll hang here for 30 min or so. I'm wearing apple green.

FriendlySkies Mar 25, 2011 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX (Post 16102583)
My ORD flight went mechanical. :(

I'll miss the dinner. See you all tomorrow morning in SFO.

:( I had been looking forward to catching up since we met in FRA, two weeks ago.. See you later tonight/tomorrow! :)

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins (Post 16102940)

That's what I heard..

Originally Posted by boxo (Post 16103059)
Anyone in SFO T3 RCC now? I'll hang here for 30 min or so. I'm wearing apple green.

Just missed you! :(

SkiAdcock Mar 25, 2011 6:32 pm

It was an outside chance I'd make tomorrow's dinner in ORD, but this is my busy time at work, I did give up a ski trip to Whistler, and even though ORD isn't that far away, I'm not going to be able to make it tomorrow. I'm sorry. Would have been great to see FTers & of course Denny again.

lucky, I really do have to find out how from you to do the VDBs. Or get them to go through! In my new location they offer them up a lot, I raise my hand, & they end up w/ misconnects & tell me to board anyway. And these are GAs that don't get into pissing wars, just 'the going thing is $400 in vouchers'.

Cheers.

lucky9876coins Mar 25, 2011 7:30 pm

Hey all I got on the 6:45...I'll be there around 8:20. I'm taking a cab to Max's as soon as I get to SFO.

JoeJSFB Mar 25, 2011 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins (Post 16103347)
Hey all I got on the 6:45...I'll be there around 8:20. I'm taking a cab as soon as I get to SFO.

Great news! See you in a few hours.

karung99 Mar 25, 2011 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins (Post 16100380)
Folks, I just got the tentative itinerary for the tour tomorrow. We're in for a real treat.:)

+1 and I regretfully not going to make it for dinner, however I would like to join for tomorrow tour.

Have fun guys...

SFOTerry Mar 25, 2011 11:50 pm

Lucky, where were you?

From the SFO CO PC.

karung99 Mar 26, 2011 12:17 am

Originally Posted by SFOTerry (Post 16104027)
Lucky, where were you?

From the SFO CO PC.

What happen? didn't Lucky show up at 8:30 pm?

boxo Mar 26, 2011 9:57 am

We're dominating SFO T3 RCC! (muah, ha, ha, ha, haaaaaaaa...)

goalie Mar 26, 2011 1:57 pm

Great seeing everyone last night with A huge shout out and thanks to Captain Denny, Captain Mark and F/O Pat ^^ (with numbers ;)) (and also to FriendlySkies for guesting me into the lounge at the Hyatt ^)

Hope you y'all enjoyed you flight and the pre-flight festivities.

ryandc99 Mar 26, 2011 2:49 pm

Nice to meet all of you last night!

aau Mar 26, 2011 3:30 pm

Great dinner last night, great to see Captain Denny again. I'm sure the party is ragin' on UA760 right now.

flo-e Mar 26, 2011 4:47 pm

Is there anything planned in ORD for tonight? I'm here from Switzerland, staying at the airport Holiday Inn.

boxo Mar 26, 2011 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by flo-e (Post 16107034)
Is there anything planned in ORD for tonight? I'm here from Switzerland, staying at the airport Holiday Inn.

Dinner is planned at Intercontinental O'Hare, 8.30pm. Definitely go!

flo-e Mar 26, 2011 6:54 pm

thanks for the info, I hope I can make it

the_happiness_store Mar 26, 2011 6:55 pm

Unfortunately the info is too late for me. Have fun all.

karung99 Mar 26, 2011 7:10 pm

I want to thank Lucky for arranging all of the Dinner, Tour and Flight with Capt. Denny.

Luckily I was able to join the Morning Tour and see all of you off the flight.

It was so fun being with you at RCC and after the tour I canceled my and +1 tickets the staff at RCC was so great I got to reschedule my tickets for May 14 :)

Originally Posted by boxo (Post 16105402)
We're dominating SFO T3 RCC! (muah, ha, ha, ha, haaaaaaaa...)

I was so happy to be able to join the SFO Morning Tour, we did take over the whole RCC :)

Originally Posted by goalie (Post 16106387)
Great seeing everyone last night with A huge shout out and thanks to Captain Denny, Captain Mark and F/O Pat ^^ (with numbers ;)) (and also to FriendlySkies for guesting me into the lounge at the Hyatt ^)

goalie, sorry I missed seeing you last night for the dinner, you should have join us this Morning, it was a fantastic tour.. (Thank Lucky for arranging this)

Originally Posted by ryandc99 (Post 16106582)
Nice to meet all of you last night!

ryandc99, glad you were able to join and see bigger DO than the Dim Sum DO. :)

Originally Posted by aau (Post 16106749)
Great dinner last night, great to see Captain Denny again. I'm sure the party is ragin' on UA760 right now.

What did you guy get from Capt. Denny, he usually have a lot of gift for us. :)

Originally Posted by the_happiness_store (Post 16107466)
Unfortunately the info is too late for me. Have fun all.

FS is looking forward to see you in Morning for Breakfast

rudling Mar 26, 2011 7:13 pm

It's now about an hour after this flight landed, and I'm surprised nobody's posted yet. I'm in the ORD IFL, waiting on UA843 to GRU.

For those of you who missed my introduction by Capt Denny himself, I had no idea this was going on - was simply heading down to GRU for work with a colleague. Recognized Capt Denny at the door, mentioned I was a FlyerTalker, and he walked me into the cabin, prompting the rest of you for a show of hands. I suspect you guys know for sure, but my guess is 75+% of the F cabin was FlyerTalkers.

For those who couldn't make it, the flight was pleasant and smooth. Capt Denny greeted the arriving pax personally, hand-wrote a thanks to each of the F-cabin pax (and perhaps others) on his biz cards, and gave away his usual bottles of wine toward the end of the flight.

Throughout, FlyerTalkers dominated the F-cabin aisles and galley area, and the level of chitchat and boisterous laughter reminded me of a charter flight - or pretty much any flight on Alitalia. Not to mention the wild applause for the landing (and some of the inflight announcements).

Sorry I won't be able to make dinner, hope you all have a great time! Lucky, I'll keep a better eye out for these opportunities in future.

Cheers!

the_happiness_store Mar 26, 2011 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by karung99 (Post 16107521)
FS is looking forward to see you in Morning for Breakfast

I will be up in the morning. Make sure he schedules because our friend Boxo is also here.

I will see you when I see you. Hopefully +1 is getting healthier.

mmsnow Mar 26, 2011 10:32 pm

Thank you to United personnel, Captain Denny, First Officer Pat, Lucky and others for such a fun time at dinner and at the SFO Morning Tour. It was fascinating to see behind the scenes how United operates from cargo to control room and ask questions about future integration with the merger.

Again, I loved attending and look forward to coming to future DOs.

boxo Mar 26, 2011 11:13 pm

I made it to the Blackstone after a long walk in the frigid cold and am sitting in my corner room on the 21st floor overlooking the lake - a perfect ending to a fantastic day.

Thank you, Lucky, Captain Denny, the cabin crew and United Team SFO!

PS - If anyone is downtown Sunday, you're welcome to come by for evening drinks in the lounge. Opens at 5pm. Send me a PM.

FriendlySkies Mar 26, 2011 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by rudling (Post 16107533)
It's now about an hour after this flight landed, and I'm surprised nobody's posted yet. I'm in the ORD IFL, waiting on UA843 to GRU.

For those of you who missed my introduction by Capt Denny himself, I had no idea this was going on - was simply heading down to GRU for work with a colleague. Recognized Capt Denny at the door, mentioned I was a FlyerTalker, and he walked me into the cabin, prompting the rest of you for a show of hands. I suspect you guys know for sure, but my guess is 75+% of the F cabin was FlyerTalkers.

For those who couldn't make it, the flight was pleasant and smooth. Capt Denny greeted the arriving pax personally, hand-wrote a thanks to each of the F-cabin pax (and perhaps others) on his biz cards, and gave away his usual bottles of wine toward the end of the flight.

Throughout, FlyerTalkers dominated the F-cabin aisles and galley area, and the level of chitchat and boisterous laughter reminded me of a charter flight - or pretty much any flight on Alitalia. Not to mention the wild applause for the landing (and some of the inflight announcements).

Sorry I won't be able to make dinner, hope you all have a great time! Lucky, I'll keep a better eye out for these opportunities in future.

Cheers!

Hope you enjoyed the flight to ORD! I feel as though my next few flights will be a bit disappointing, as the crews may not be as fun..

Thanks to everybody who made this a wonderful day! As promised, I'll be posting the photos that I took, just as soon as I finish editing :)

http://friendlyskies.smugmug.com/MRs...06_ig22P-L.jpg

cawhite Mar 27, 2011 5:05 pm

First, a HUGE THANK YOU to Captain Denny, Lucky, the UA SFO team, FO Pat and our FA Crew for UA760!

The tour at SFO Saturday morning was fantastic - what a great opportunity for us. I enjoyed meeting some new (to me) FT faces, and of course seeing some good friends I've known for some time. Friday's dinner was enjoyable - good choice on the venue - Saturday's dinner was even better!

UA760 was a good time had by all! Well, almost all...I'm fairly certain the few non-FTers in the F cabin were sure what to make of it all. Maybe we should've been lobbying for those skykits to be handed out to them for having to put up with us? :o The crew, particularly those in the F cabin, was just wonderful and I think we kept them fairly entertained...especially after they figured out what we were doing during the SMI/J video. It goes without saying that flying with Capt. Denny and FO Pat made for a great flight -- except maybe they could've flown a bit slower. ;) :p

If I tried to expand beyond those comments...we'd be here for a week. Thanks again to all who were involved with this weekend - whether by organizing or attending.

cawhite Mar 27, 2011 5:14 pm

UA SFO Station Manager & Terminal Director Contact Information

As promised yesterday, I have the contact information for the Station Manager and Terminal Director of SFO Operations in the event anyone would like to contact them and let them know their thoughts and appreciation for their team's efforts yesterday. As several of us know, the managers who so generously spent a good portion of their morning with us yesterday are all essentially having to re-apply & interview for their jobs; I'm sure some positive feedback would be very much appreciated. Likewise if anyone would like to thank her for her efforts in coordinating yesterday's event at SFO. If anyone would like the Terminal Director's contact information, please drop me a PM and I'm more than happy to pass that along.

cawhite Mar 27, 2011 5:20 pm

UA760 FAs -- Inflight Supervisor Infomration

Also as promised, I have the names of our FAs from UA760 and the contact information for their Inflight Supervisor in the event anyone would like to contact him and pass along their comments from our flight yesterday. They were a fantastic crew to have assigned to us (especially those working the F cabin) and they did a great job throughout the flight. Please drop me a PM if you'd like the contact information for their Inflight Supervisor.

FriendlySkies Mar 27, 2011 9:03 pm

Here is a link to the photos that I shot on Friday & Saturday. Feel free to download them for personal use. If you want to use the photos for a blog, etc, please PM me. I enjoyed meeting everybody that was in attendance ^

http://friendlyskies.smugmug.com/MRs...30832265_dPEec

gomike Mar 28, 2011 7:14 am

Great pictures FriendlySkies thank you for sharing.

bk3day Mar 28, 2011 7:55 am

Originally Posted by gomike (Post 16114404)

adding a very emphatic +1 ^

thanks all for a great experience!

goalie Mar 28, 2011 9:40 am

Originally Posted by gomike (Post 16114404)

Agreed, great pictures ^

trainman74 Mar 28, 2011 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by rudling (Post 16107533)
For those of you who missed my introduction by Capt Denny himself, I had no idea this was going on - was simply heading down to GRU for work with a colleague. Recognized Capt Denny at the door, mentioned I was a FlyerTalker, and he walked me into the cabin, prompting the rest of you for a show of hands.

Ah, I wondered what was going on, since it did seem like you knew Capt. Denny but you weren't part of the FlyerTalk group -- I was boarding right behind the two of you (my connection from LAX was delayed about 45 minutes).

Of course, I'm now sorry I missed the morning tour, and because of that delay to my flight in, I missed Capt. Denny's infamous at-the-gate briefing! So...when's FlyerTalk 3? :D

(And special thanks to my E+ rowmate jmb001 for guesting me into the RCC at ORD to await my delayed flight back to LAX, and to MatthewLAX for sending a drink back from F on that flight.)

fooko2002 Mar 29, 2011 3:08 pm

As a true UA non-elite, just wanted to post my thanks to everyone for putting together quite a fun little trip. Despite all attempts I made myself to not make just about every part of this trip, it was thoroughly enjoyable on all accounts.

Not being someone who frequents the UA board here, handles were of little help to me, but you all took such great care of me. Thanks to United757 for assisting with a seat in E+ on the flight and to the UA upgrade gods who knew I needed a good seatmate and instead of upgrading him decided E+ was the perfect place for hausrath. Also thanks are due to chrisw and iluv2fly and a number of others who made sure my plastic cup was never empty and always had the right amount of ice too! :)

Looking forward to seeing you out in airports and in the sky and if you need anything Alaska or Seattle related - never hesitate to ask. :)

Top of climb Mar 29, 2011 3:21 pm

Echoing what has already been said by many here, thanks to everyone - both organizers, crew and fellow FTers - for making it an extremely fun trip. I had a blast, and met some great people. Special thanks to karung99 for taking pity on a non-UA elite and getting me into First, and to hausrath for being my designated photographer on the ramp tour! And, of course, lucky for putting the whole thing together and Captain Denny.

Ironically after all the talk about bumps and vouchers at dinner on Friday night, I took my very first United States bump on my UA flight home on Sunday evening (not without some niggles with the travel vouchers, which will hopefully be sorted out), but having experienced it I now feel qualified to join in the conversation next time!

chemist661 Mar 30, 2011 1:59 pm

I would have enjoyed attending but I was in Milan from 3/24-3/29.

Glad everyone had a very nice time! I saw Capt Denny some years ago when I used to be 1P/1K on UA. Will be on a few UA flights later this year as I have some UA VDB's to use.

Dr Jabadski Mar 31, 2011 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies (Post 16112783)
Here is a link to the photos that I shot on Friday & Saturday. Feel free to download them for personal use. If you want to use the photos for a blog, etc, please PM me. I enjoyed meeting everybody that was in attendance ^

I’d love to see the photos but for some reason they won’t load on my computer. I can see each of FriendlySkies’ Gallery Categories and Galleries at the site but once I click on a specific gallery, I get a new page but without any photos. I’ve made sure cookies are enabled, that’s about the limit of my computer knowledge and skills.

Sorry to be a pain, but would appreciate any help available.

the_happiness_store Mar 31, 2011 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies (Post 16112783)

I see my homeys in picture 31.

FriendlySkies Mar 31, 2011 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski (Post 16138428)
I’d love to see the photos but for some reason they won’t load on my computer. I can see each of FriendlySkies’ Gallery Categories and Galleries at the site but once I click on a specific gallery, I get a new page but without any photos. I’ve made sure cookies are enabled, that’s about the limit of my computer knowledge and skills.

Sorry to be a pain, but would appreciate any help available.

Can you see them now? I think SmugMug may have been having some "issues"...

Dr Jabadski Apr 1, 2011 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies (Post 16139112)
Can you see them now? I think SmugMug may have been having some "issues"...

Thank you. I just tried again, no joy. I’ve made sure the cookie for the site is allowed, unsure what else to do. Thanks again.

SkiAdcock Apr 2, 2011 8:12 am

Great pictures! I'm so sorry I missed this trip.

Cheers.