FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   Join us for a flight with Captain Denny on March 26 (and dinner on March 25) 2011! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1185151-join-us-flight-captain-denny-march-26-dinner-march-25-2011-a.html)

goalie Mar 15, 2011 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies (Post 16041494)

Originally Posted by goalie (Post 16041405)
It's about time you listened to me as I've been hucking you about Max's for the longest time ;). Now I just have took at the finances and transportation as I'll probably be car-less by that time :(

We could share a shuttle from the airport to Max's :):cool:

:) But I'd have to figure out how to get to and from SFO (and BART + Muni will take forever.....:()

bk3day Mar 15, 2011 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by boxo (Post 16041389)
Well, there ya go. Crowne Plaza is a half-block south of Max's.

For folks coming from the airport, take the Holiday Inn Express SFO South/Burlingame shuttle. Max's is next door.

Flight booked.

Thanks for the logistical help & great to see you're in for the whole shebang ^

jmd001 Mar 15, 2011 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins (Post 16041129)
... I finally got around to making a reservation at Max's Burlingame for 8PM,...

Haven't eaten at Max's in a while, but the last time I did, I was very impressed with how prodigious the portions were. And it tasted VERY good as well.

boxo Mar 15, 2011 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins (Post 16041638)
Great! Dinner on Friday as well, or just the flight?

As far as Saturday goes, for those of you spending the night in Chicago, where are you staying?

Still working out Friday plans. Might not be able to get there till 9-ish.

I'll be at the Blackstone. Anyone else going that direction?

Originally Posted by goalie (Post 16041729)
:) But I'd have to figure out how to get to and from SFO (and BART + Muni will take forever.....:()

Hitch a ride with someone coming from the city.

Originally Posted by bk3day (Post 16041802)
Thanks for the logistical help & great to see you're in for the whole shebang ^

Every once in a great while I'm good for something.

Top of climb Mar 15, 2011 7:41 pm

As far as Saturday goes, for those of you spending the night in Chicago, where are you staying?

I'm at the W Lakeshore.

iluv2fly Mar 15, 2011 9:31 pm

On Michigan Avenue, above the Ritz. ;)

geoffco Mar 16, 2011 4:12 pm

I booked the Captain Denny flight weeks ago, made the reservation for the Hyatt, then forgot to book the flight TO SFO. Due to steep fares 9 days out, I booked to SJC and have a ow rental to SFO.

Scheduled arrival @ SJC is 6:30pm. It would be just awful have to take a vdb and a reroute to SFO along the way.

bk3day Mar 16, 2011 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by geoffco (Post 16047680)
I booked the Captain Denny flight weeks ago, made the reservation for the Hyatt, then forgot to book the flight TO SFO. Due to steep fares 9 days out, I booked to SJC and have a ow rental to SFO.

Scheduled arrival @ SJC is 6:30pm. It would be just awful have to take a vdb and a reroute to SFO along the way.

You aren't alone.

I booked SFO-ORD early on & then much later realized I forgot to book the JFK-SFO flight. :o

When I went to book that, all NYC-SFO fares had tripled! :eek:

Luckily, just before I had resigned myself to booking ex-HPN, the p.s. fares dropped back down to their typically high but at least in this instance, much cheaper level.

UNHBuzzard Mar 17, 2011 8:01 am

We'll be in town @ the SF Fairmont if anyone is staying there. Put us down as currently a maybe on dinner, I'll have to ping Ms. UNHBuzzard to gauge interest.

bk3day Mar 17, 2011 6:34 pm

FYI Hyatt 24 hr Sale - ends Tonight

For those of you staying at the Hyatt SFO, there's a 24 hr sale that drops the 3/25 nightly rate to $111.75/night

"Book on each hotel's individual website by 11:59 pm CT TODAY using code <SF24FB> to save on your stays at Grand Hyatt San Francisco, Hyatt Regency San Francisco, Hyatt at Fisherman's Wharf, Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport and Hyatt Regency Santa Clara"

hope that helps most of you, me I'm now just doubly bummed I'm staying at the CP SFO (the sacrifices we make for promos )

jmd001 Mar 17, 2011 7:13 pm

Depends on what festivities get planned and where for Sat night. Anything in the works?

iluv2fly Mar 17, 2011 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by jmd001 (Post 16055195)
Depends on what festivities get planned and where for Sat night. Anything in the works?

Maybe lucky will throw a minibar party in his suite at the IC! :p ^

karung99 Mar 17, 2011 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by iluv2fly (Post 16055275)
Maybe lucky will throw a minibar party in his suite at the IC! :p ^

I am leaving Sat around 5 p.m. out of ORD back to SFO, I don't mind afternoon minibar party in lucky suite :)

What a great idea!

chrisw Mar 17, 2011 11:07 pm

waterstrider and I are in for both dinner on the 25th and confirmed for the party flight. Friday night we'll be at the Hyatt SFO, and Saturday we'll be in 5 E and F.

We haven't seen Captain Denny since StarMegaDO II / the FT awards when we played shuffle board with him at the hotel bar. I'm sure this event will be a blast.

Can't wait to see everyone.

boxo Mar 18, 2011 1:33 am

Originally Posted by karung99 (Post 16055369)
I am leaving Sat around 5 p.m. out of ORD back to SFO, I don't mind afternoon minibar party in lucky suite :)

What a great idea!

You mean Sun, right? ;)