Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Come Fly to Me – the Great FlyerTalk Mileage Run: SFO 15 April; COS 16-17 April 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Come Fly to Me – the Great FlyerTalk Mileage Run: SFO 15 April; COS 16-17 April 2011

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2011, 4:27 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5 Star
Originally Posted by miffSC
Hey there - the weather is very nice actually - a bit cooler than I expected - about 55 but the sun is shining brightly. It's quite breezy at the moment but I think that is supposed to die down by tomorrow.

I'm not sure what I want to eat.... I'd really just like to avoid the usual chain restaurants if at all possible. So, maybe something local? With a nice bar? I like pretty much everything - don't want to eat too heavy though.
I haven't been but many of my co-workers enjoy the Caspian Cafe
http://www.caspiancafe.com/
Old Apr 15, 2011, 4:58 pm

Programs: UA MM *G, AA EXP, OW Emerald, Hyatt Globalist, Gold everywhere else
For those of you arriving in COS early or staying until Sunday eve, are there any suggestions for afternoon activities? I'm sure we can get a group together to explore a bit before we all go drink/eat or after we finish at the HOM...
Old Apr 15, 2011, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Hey there - the weather is very nice actually - a bit cooler than I expected - about 55 but the sun is shining brightly. It's quite breezy at the moment but I think that is supposed to die down by tomorrow.

I'm not sure what I want to eat.... I'd really just like to avoid the usual chain restaurants if at all possible. So, maybe something local? With a nice bar? I like pretty much everything - don't want to eat too heavy though.

I'm up for anything but am surprised that in my quick search of FT, all I saw were two restaurant recs in COS

Mexican
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/dinin...l#post15398408

German
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/dinin...l#post15883693
Old Apr 15, 2011, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5 Star
Originally Posted by paranoiatx
For those of you arriving in COS early or staying until Sunday eve, are there any suggestions for afternoon activities? I'm sure we can get a group together to explore a bit before we all go drink/eat or after we finish at the HOM...
You can go to Old Colorado City or Manitou Springs (on the west side of town off Highway 24)
The Air Force Academy off I-25 (use the north entrance)
Garden of the Gods to see the rock formations (depending where you enter, you'll end up near Manitou Springs/Old Colorado City)
Old Apr 15, 2011, 5:15 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by bk3day
I'm up for anything but am surprised that in my quick search of FT, all I saw were two restaurant recs in COS

Mexican
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/dinin...l#post15398408

German
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/dinin...l#post15883693
Caspian looks okay if you like Greek. I am googling away right now.

Will be here on Sunday afternoon and evening - am planning on going to the Garden of the Gods tomorrow morning. So Old Colorado City or Manitou Springs sounds good.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, ClubCarlson Concierge
Originally Posted by adl73x
It's sunny in SFO! So bright, my eyes can't adjust. I've been in British gloom for too long!
It is a beautiful day in SFO indeed! I was telling some of the crew around Union Square, that this has to be one of the nicest days I can ever remember being in San Francisco (to which David quickly told me that I have had bad luck, since there are lots of days like this in the San Fran area). I seem to usually get the grey, cloudy, or rainy treatment here. Today's weather has been a very nice surprise for me.

Nice to be getting a weather report from down in COS, and from such a pretty lady to boot . I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that it is supposed to be mid 60s on Saturday and upper 60s on Sunday in COS. It looks like a beautiful weekend of weather for our social gathering/birthday celebration/tour/eventful weekend. Nice when things work out that way.

See everyone (who are in SFO) at dinner soon.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 6:15 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, ClubCarlson Concierge
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
If you are still at the Hyatt, I am just catching up on email/FT in my room. Might walk over to the shore so I can take photos of planes landing, but no other plans.
I appreciate the offer FS. I ended up heading down to the Union Square area for a bit. There was a small impromptu gathering at The Burger Bar. The burgers lived up to the name - very good.

When on the shuttle dropping people at the Marriott, I did see a bunch of people with great camera setups taking shots from the shore area of the incoming landings. That's a great vantage point to get some amazing pictures. I hope you got some. If so, you'll have to show them to me.

Looking forward to meeting you face-to-face tonight.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 6:33 pm

Maybe I missed this somewhere, but for those who have arrangement already made (thank you Pat ) to carpool to dinner, what time are we supposed to meet? I know that Jubileesmom and I are both staying at the Hyatt and both riding with ryandc99, but I'm not sure when I need to meet in the lobby. Sorry for the lame question , as I feel like I should know this already.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
I'm stuck after the Caltrain accident so I probably won't show up since I'm still at work until the situation stabilizes a bit.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 7:51 pm
HCA

Enjoy the dinner but I can't join this time.

I am still stuck in my office in south bay.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 10:04 pm

Programs: UA .5M, Vistana 1-Star owner
Thumbs up COS HOM

Originally Posted by Pat89339
Transportation Offers/Requests...
Originally Posted by Richard Chen
... I'll have a rental 4/16 09:00-4/18 09:00 & can drive 2 others...
As also in the spreadsheet doc, I can offer ride thru 4/18 9a.

Originally Posted by paranoiatx
For those of you arriving in COS early or staying until Sunday eve, are there any suggestions for afternoon activities?
Great idea! Count me in (not only because I'm driving haha).

Originally Posted by bk3day
I'm up for anything...
Aw, nuts, I forgot to arrange dinner tonight with y'alls as I'm at the Radisson's Bistro having dinner then lounging away. Let me know if anything happens tonight.

... Have arrived at COS - met bk3day for a little chat at the airport ... I hope those on the SFO 'tour' are having a blast!
Ditto!

Originally Posted by Pat89339
Richard, just let me know what you would like added to the spreadsheet and I can update it.
I updated:
Originally Posted by Richard Chen
  • 4/15-16 Radisson Hotel Colorado Springs Airport
  • 4/16-18 Antlers Hilton, 4 S Cascade, 80903
Old Apr 15, 2011, 11:41 pm

Dinner was lots of fun! I'm glad I extended to SF trip to stay for it. Thanks for a fun time!
Old Apr 16, 2011, 1:32 am

Old Apr 16, 2011, 1:34 am

Old Apr 16, 2011, 1:34 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.