Wiki Posts
Search

Go West DUS Do May 20 - May 22 2011

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2011, 11:55 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany
Original Poster

Go West DUS Do May 20 - May 22 2011

In behalf of farmer83, DrThax and me, I have the honour to announce a DUS Do for May 20 to May 22 2011 in Düsseldorf.

The DO is organised by "the Germans" and in cooperation with Vielfliegertreff.de.

We are still planing the DO and have not finalised everything, but we would like to give you a summary of what is planned right now.

Friday
Fly in of the attendees and dinner in a location not yet decided

Saturday
Around noon or early afteroon, we will offer a guided city tour. If this will be done by a tour guide or by one of us is not yet decided. The first will for sure give more detailed information while the second one might be more fun.

In the Evening we will have dinner together in one of the famous "Altbierkneipen", we try to find a more local place.

Sunday
Brunch at or close to the airport. We are currently trying the places and will report back, which place will met our expecations.

The recent thread in the Vielfliegertreff could be found here.

You can post in one of the threads, if you like to participate.

DrThax, farmer83 & FLYGVA
Old Jan 19, 2011, 11:55 pm
Original Poster

Schedule of Events

Friday

Dinner
Restaurant "Füchschen" (http://www.fuechschen.de/) at 19:30.
Meeting point will be 19:15 at the entrance of Galeria Kaufhof (the entrance at the subway station "Heinrich-Heine-Allee")

Saturday

City Tour
when: 14:30
where: Betriebshof Am Steinberg
how: via historic tram

We will discover Dusseldorf in our own private tram during a 2 hour tram ride. While you can enjoy a glass of the local beer (yep, that's "Alt"), I (or someone else) will try to tell you a little bit of some sights along the way and about Düsseldorf itself.
We start our tram ride at 15:00 at "Jan Wellem Platz" and go toe "Schloss Benrath", where we will arrive app. 45 minutes later and than head back to Jan Wellem Platz.
The drinks on board will be sponsored - and rumours are, that there might be also some "Kölsch" availabe on board. Of course, we also have non-alcoholic drinks available.

SInce the tram unfortunately only covers 25 person, there is an alternative plan: a cruise on river Rhine.

River Tour
when: 15:00
where: Quai of Köln - Düsseldorf @ Burgplatz
how: via boat

After the tram ride / river cruise , we will head for dinner, maybe after some free time for a quick (or not so quick) visit to the local shops at Königsallee and surroundings.

Dinner
Restaurant "Schiffchen" in the old town of DÜsseldorf (Hafenstraße 5) (not the Michelin Star awared place in Kaiserswerth)

(http://www.brauerei-zum-schiffchen.d...schiffchen.php)

Sunday

Brunch
Eigelstein (meeting at 10:00), Hammer Str. 17 (Medienhafen Area). Kosten: 14,50 EUR.

Last edited by FLYGVA; May 20, 2011 at 12:14 am
Old Jan 19, 2011, 11:56 pm
Original Poster

Attendees

Hosts
DrThax
Farmer83
FLYGVA

the following lists are participating Flyertalkers (FT)
Confirmed
szg (FT)
midway (FT)

Maybe
skye1 (FT)

The list of participating people from Vielfliegertreff could be found here.
[excerpt of confirmet attendees on Vielfliegertreff)]
Carrie
chris-99
Christian
ckone501
coppercanyonier
danix
datschi
digitalfan (nur Fr.)
Dong
doubledecker
DrThax
Eva
explorator
fantus
fantus +1
farmer83
Fischköpfle
FlapFlap
flospi
flyGVA
FlyingFreak
flysurfer
KaiserPinguin
Kalttaucher
Kalttaucher +1
kingair9
krabbenkopf
LFCorsten
lipton
Matt83
meilenfreund
MichaelFFM
MichaelFFM +1
Monty_GER
mumielein
Oli20
rcs
Robstar
steffen0212
Swanlake
szg
tosc
trichter
trichter +1
wanderlust
wanderlust +1
whYflyer
whYflyer +1
Wolke7
xfactor
xfactor +1

Last edited by FLYGVA; May 1, 2011 at 7:52 pm
Old Jan 19, 2011, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

Information about DUS

Some links to Information about Düsseldorf:

Düsseldorf is served my all major European Airlines and offers direct flight to New York, Chicago, Toronto on LH, Atlanta on DL and Beijing on CA, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Fort Myers, Vancouver, Miami, Bangkok on AB among other non-European Destination.

The homepage of the local airport: www.duesseldorf-international.de

If you want to go around, you can find information about local public transportation on www.vrr.de/en/index.html for the greater area or with a stronger focus on Düsseldorf on www.rheinbahn.com/Pages/default.aspx

The Hilton Düsseldorf is available for a reduced number of points and also with the current 50% off rate for the weekend (PUR & Any Weekend Any Where Offer).

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jan 20, 2011 at 12:14 am
Old Jan 20, 2011, 2:59 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Confirmed for SAT/SUN.

Thanks for organizing. ^
Old Jan 20, 2011, 5:51 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Put me on maybe please. Also if needed I'm willing to help.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 7:12 am

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Put me down as a maybe. Heard so many great things about this at the FRA Do's Sunday Brunch, when the organziers were brainstroming, that I'll def. keep an eye out for those dates in May. (am at the SIN/Bali Do right now, intentionally without my diary, but will check dates upon return).
Old Jan 20, 2011, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by caspritz78
Put me on maybe please. Also if needed I'm willing to help.
Great, I have put you on the maybe list

Originally Posted by skye1
Put me down as a maybe. Heard so many great things about this at the FRA Do's Sunday Brunch, when the organziers were brainstroming, that I'll def. keep an eye out for those dates in May. (am at the SIN/Bali Do right now, intentionally without my diary, but will check dates upon return).
For now, you are a "maybe" for this Do

Enjoy Bali ^
Old Jan 20, 2011, 3:15 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA GGL, SPG Plat., Hyatt Gold, Radisson Gold, HHonors Gold
Hey, I count on you!!
I've already made a room reservation in the "Leee Meeridiioonn" DUS for you
Old Jan 21, 2011, 6:24 am

Programs: LH Sen, UA 1K, BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platin Ambassador
....Heard so many great things about this at the FRA Do's Sunday Brunch, when the organziers were brainstroming,.....
Originally Posted by DrThax
Hey, I count on you!!
I've already made a room reservation in the "Leee Meeridiioonn" DUS for you
@ Skye1 and DrThax:
Unfortunately the weekend of the DUS Do isn't the same weekend the german championship of the "women driving club" will take place at nearby Wesel.
Nevertheless I'm registered for the DUS Do via vielfliegertreff.de and I'm sure, we will find other topics beside "Leee Meeridiioonn" and additional girl features on a car like "Swarovski stones at the rear mirror" .
Old Feb 14, 2011, 1:41 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
I have to cancle my participation, because the company decided to send me to San Francisco for 6 months.

But I have a great saturday night location suggestions. "Die Kneipe" which servs "Stress". A mixture of schnaps and tabasco sauce.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 3:12 am
Original Poster

I have updated the list in post 2 with the first confirmed event for Saturday Afternoon.

I have also added a list of the participants from "Vielfliegertreff" to the list to show that already a number of people have signed up. It is of course a event, which is open for everybody and not limited to Germans .
Old Mar 9, 2011, 9:44 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by szg
Confirmed for SAT/SUN.

Thanks for organizing. ^
I will be there only for the Sunday Brunch event.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 10:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Wish I could make it, as I have fond memories of when Bernie organized DUS Dos and know flygva, farmer83, and DrThax will do a fab job as well! Here's a pic of the tram, and also one of some FTers with Alt. Hm, I tried inserting the photos but that didn't seem to work. Here are links instead:

Party Tram

Alt, alt, alt!

Have a great time everyone! I hope to see some of you in June when I'm in Prague, Vienna & Germany.

Cheers.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 11:52 am

Programs: LH FTL
If there are still seats available, please put me on the list.

Also if you need help, although it´s late, feel free to contact me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.