Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Chicago Dinner with Captain Denny, Friday, December 17!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chicago Dinner with Captain Denny, Friday, December 17!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2010, 6:20 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Really wish I could make this one, as it is in my backyard. I will be in MSY that weekend. I will be thinking of all of you. NOT.

Please give my regards to the great Captain. Hoping I can trave with him soon again. Perhaps to LHR... ^
Old Dec 6, 2010, 2:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
If it's not downtown, then the closer to ORD the better I think rather than places like Lincolnwood or Elk Grove.

Cheers.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 2:43 pm

Programs: CoFounder and Chairman, FFOCUS (Frequent Flyers Organized and concerned about Unacceptable Service.
My schedule just changed in such a way that we may be able to join. Please put me as a maybe +1.

Thanks,
Old Dec 6, 2010, 3:53 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Excellent! I'd say it'll be at least 20 of us for dinner, so feel free to work your magic, expert. Appreciate whatever help you can provide.
Have a reservation at 7:30pm for 20 at Harry Caray's Rosemont (located in the Holiday Inn Select w/shuttle service from ORD) www.harrycarays.com/restaurants_rosemont.html

No private room unless money upfront is given.

If you want to go the pizza route (like Gino's) let me know.

Last edited by Sweet Willie; Dec 6, 2010 at 7:49 pm
Old Dec 6, 2010, 7:48 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Add me to the maybe list - I'll let you know for sure next week - just depends on work.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
Have a reservation at 7:30pm for 20 at Harry Caray's Rosemont (located in the Holiday Inn Select w/shuttle service from ORD) www.harrycarays.com/restaurants_rosemont.html

No private room unless money upfront is given.

If you want to go the pizza route (like Gino's) let me know.
Sounds great to me, thanks, Willie!
Old Dec 7, 2010, 11:02 am

Ouch! Mrs JJ and I are arriving in Chicago that morning -- but I promised her a birthday dinner downtown ( Spagia is her favorite). I don't think this is the dinner date that should be broken -- even for Capt Denny.
Enjoy -- we'll try to catch the next one
Old Dec 7, 2010, 11:24 am

Will have to pass - have a few other commitments that day. Glad to join you for next dinner though.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Sadly, not going to make it that day......

Dave
Old Dec 7, 2010, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Harry Caray is pricey...but food is certainly better than Gino's. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA, IHG
I'm this close to booking flights and hotel to make it out to the dinner. Looks like I'll be arriving ORD at 6:45pm (which should get us to the dinner by 7:30pm without too much trouble, I think).

Any suggestions for a hotel? I've got SPG and Priority Club points, so at this point I'm thinking either the Aloft or Four Points O'Hare are probably the best bets for value at 3k points or 1.8k + $30. Not planning on getting a car, so free shuttle convenience is important for the flight out Saturday morning. Anything else to consider?
Old Dec 7, 2010, 9:14 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by legalalien
Harry Caray is pricey...but food is certainly better than Gino's.
Harry Caray's was my suggestion and we are not locked in, if the group wants me to keep looking, I can come up with other suggestions that would have shuttle service or be within walking distance of the el/L.@:-)
Old Dec 7, 2010, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by hausrath
I'm this close to booking flights and hotel to make it out to the dinner. Looks like I'll be arriving ORD at 6:45pm (which should get us to the dinner by 7:30pm without too much trouble, I think).
If we end up dining at Harry Caray's, there are HI Suites, HI Express and a Sheraton next to the restaurant. Not sure if there are any specials at either place.

Of the places you mentioned, I prefer the area where Aloft is located, although it may not matter all that much if you're departing early Saturday morning.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 9:48 pm

Harry Caray's was my suggestion and we are not locked in, if the group wants me to keep looking, I can come up with other suggestions that would have shuttle service or be within walking distance of the el/L.@:-)
Don't want to discourage anyone; HC is a classy place with very good steaks. And, we can always walk across the street to Shoeless Joe's to continue.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 5:10 am

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
Put me as a tenative.

I'll probably be in for it. The odds are 90% chance I'll get in on Friday and 10% that I'll get held in Tokyo for another meeting. I'll know by Friday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.