Old Nov 7, 2010, 6:02 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Good luck, Randy!
Old Nov 7, 2010, 6:02 pm

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
Randy,

Highly appreciated this venue you created where I learned so much, back in the early years of 2000.

Afterwards I decided to share my knowledge and assist others, my way of thanking back to the Community.

A public Thank you for your idea of developing FT and for the early days where so many high knowledge FTers used to linger around.

Good luck !
Old Nov 7, 2010, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA PPro, QF Gold, DL Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum
I am a long time lurker and new poster. I have to say thank you for starting FT. It is the first thing I read in the morning and the last thing I read at night. I have learned so much from the boards that I can't stay away.

Best of luck to you as you move on to new endeavors.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 6:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BD Silver, Amtrak Select, SPG & PCR Plat/ICH Amb, AA, AS, DL, PR
Thank you Randy for everything! Without you and your commitment to FT, I wouldn't have explored as much of the world as I have today! These six years in FT have been memorable and I owe it to you. Will be wishing the best! ^
Old Nov 7, 2010, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Gosh, I don't even know where to begin. I hate to say it, Randy, you just ruined my weekend. I'm pretty sure your work has influenced my life more than just about anything, and seeing you not at the helm of FlyerTalk anymore is sad.

But you can go to bed at night knowing you built the best travel community in the world and literally changed thousands of peoples' lives, including mine. On a day-to-day basis, FlyerTalk, and the ventures I've been able to undertake thanks to it, have changed my life. When I step back and think, I honestly have no clue where the hell I'd be without you (and your "baby," FlyerTalk).

Randy -- thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. You're a class act and an incredible role model. Hope to still see you around, even after FlyerTalk!
Old Nov 7, 2010, 6:47 pm

Programs: Various
Wow, what a sad day after such a wonderful week! After the IB transition, I think that most of us were afraid that this day would come all too soon, but that doesn't make it any easier to take.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, for creating FT. Before discovering these boards, I felt like I was all alone in my enjoyment of flying and accumulation of miles. I enjoyed the silent community of lurking for a few years, and then finally signed up for an account to begin posting. I'm so glad that I did. I've met so many wonderful people, and have made real friends on these boards. I've also learned a lot, and have been able to help out a large network of friends and family with the tips, etc., that are shared here.

Thank you also, once again, for your incredible generosity. The SMD2 was even more fun than I could have imagined, and it was so lovely to have a chance to chat with you, albeit too briefly. I will treasure my memories of that trip, and the note from you will have a special place in my scrapbooks.

Thank you for everything!
Old Nov 7, 2010, 6:50 pm

Programs: Dime con quien andas,y te dire quien eres
Hey Randy,

It was great to meet up at SMD2010.

All the best to you,and congratulations as you will now have more time to work on that ongoing bucket list!

Thanks for all that you have given to this community.

Take care and my hopes are for a long,healthy & enjoyable (semi)- retirement for you and Julie.^^
Old Nov 7, 2010, 7:19 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Buena Suerte Randy !!!
Old Nov 7, 2010, 7:55 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Randy
Thanks for setting this community in place for everyone to enjoy. I was doing miles and points by myself slowly and painstakingly and discovered this a mere 2 years ago. Since then I have used the tips and wisdom to bring joy to my friends and family on a scale I never imagined. Many thanks for the way you have touched all their lives.
ffI
Old Nov 7, 2010, 8:10 pm

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
Best wishes in all your future work, Randy.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 8:22 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
If there was a crying emoticon I would have to change my signature tag.

Randy, thank you for all the class and the kindnesses, both general and specific. All of us hope to see you post as a member and friend.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 8:24 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Randy,

Thank you for your contribution to Flyertalk, which opens me up to a whole new world of travel opportunities. I wish you all the best in all the future projects you will commit to.

You will be missed.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 8:25 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Best Wishes

I didn't find Flyertalk until this year, though I'd read Randy quoted frequently in the press.

Then I attended SMD2 and met Randy - both were great experiences. Randy, you are a gentleman who is kind and has time for everyone and treats all with respect. It is sad to hear that you are retiring from FT, but I wish you the best of luck and success in all your future endeavors.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 9:44 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by Jailer
If there was a crying emoticon I would have to change my signature tag.

Randy, thank you for all the class and the kindnesses, both general and specific. All of us hope to see you post as a member and friend.
Jailer is always able to articulate my feelings better than I can. We met Jailer at that lovely cocktail party in Vegas at the Wynn on the eve of the first ModDo. He came as a guest of a very significant Mod. Dave Friedman, if you are reading this, glad you ultimately showed up with the libations.^
BTW, Jailer, there is a emoticon.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Randy,

Thanks for what's past, and best wishes for the future.

Mike & Kathy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.