Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

An open letter to the members of FlyerTalk

An open letter to the members of FlyerTalk

Old Dec 30, 2010, 9:26 am

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
To the Guy, for whom Mrs. Italy says I need to get a life when I am on FT, Thank You for your vision and what you have brought to all FTer's. Travel before knowing of FT and travel without you at FT will never be the same. Enjoy your new life, the very best in your future endeavors, travel safe and have a very wonderful and Happy New Year!
Old Dec 30, 2010, 4:51 pm

To Randy

Randy, while I may at best be described as a "lurker", I remember vividly whaen you sent me an E mail in the 80s, using one of the first versions of "Desktop Publishing". At the time, I was selling one of those early versions.
All I can say is we should have a goodby party in Colorado Springs.

Sincerely,

Ben Blakeslee-Littleton, CO
[email protected]
Old Dec 30, 2010, 8:22 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Randy:

As others have eloquently said, your creation of this place that not only taught all of us how to travel better, smarter, and with more joy but the fact that we have made true friends due to your creation can't be measured. Thank you for all you have done.

I wish you and Julie much happiness and joy as you move onto your next great adventure!
Old Dec 30, 2010, 10:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Randy;

Not much that I can add to what others have said but my life has been greatly enriched by you starting FT. FT is definitely the most addictive site on the web and has got me out of some travel nightmares with all the accumulated knowledge that is available here. I can't thank you enough and good luck in your future endeavours.^
Old Dec 31, 2010, 3:08 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
there are often too many words.....but in this case, 2 will do.

THANK YOU
Old Dec 31, 2010, 7:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Thank you

Randy,

I can't possibly thank you enough for creating this wonderful community and for just being you. I wish you all the best in the future. Thank you again.

GF
Old Jan 1, 2011, 2:35 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Wirelessly posted (FlyerTalk.com/wap is fun : BlackBerry8330/5.0.0.438 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/389)

Randy 2011 is off to a start without you. Your contributions are appreciated and presence will be missed. All the best in 2011 and beyond. Thanks for all you have done and best wishes for whatever your future holds.

From a FTer who has gained over 2 million miles, rented cars for 18 months straig, seen Sydney twice in a weekend for under $800, gained countless first class upgrades, numerous DOs, new friendships, and most importantly annual free business class trips to Israel with my dad - THANK YOU!
Old Jan 1, 2011, 9:48 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
So is Randy gone??? bye bye?? adios?? au revoir??? etc??? for good?

if he really is completely gone.. wow this is like being in the twi light zone
Old Jan 1, 2011, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
Wirelessly posted (FlyerTalk.com/wap is fun : BlackBerry8330/5.0.0.438 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/389)

Randy 2011 is off to a start without you. Your contributions are appreciated and presence will be missed. All the best in 2011 and beyond. Thanks for all you have done and best wishes for whatever your future holds.

From a FTer who has gained over 2 million miles, rented cars for 18 months straig, seen Sydney twice in a weekend for under $800, gained countless first class upgrades, numerous DOs, new friendships, and most importantly annual free business class trips to Israel with my dad - THANK YOU!
Says it all.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 10:44 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
So is Randy gone??? bye bye?? adios?? au revoir??? etc??? for good?

if he really is completely gone.. wow this is like being in the twi light zone
His forum is gone but surely he can still post when he wants, can't he? He said he was leaving but didn't say for good or forever. Or is that the optimistic part of me that still expects to see a post on some topic one day in the future?
Old Jan 1, 2011, 10:52 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by tcook052
His forum is gone but surely he can still post when he wants, can't he? He said he was leaving but didn't say for good or forever. Or is that the optimistic part of me that still expects to see a post on some topic one day in the future?
I have to maintain an optimistic outlook and believe that Randy will never stray too far from FT.
Pleased to see that this thread has been moved from ORP.
We really need this thread. Thanks for keeping it alive.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 10:53 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by tcook052
His forum is gone but surely he can still post when he wants, can't he?
His screen name still exists, so that may be a good sign.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 12:28 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I miss Randy already
Old Jan 3, 2011, 2:13 pm

Thanks!

Thanks, Randy for the Flyertalk Family where I have received much help from some very helpful people and I am still learning!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.