Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page > The First Frequent Traveler Awards. Houston November 4th. Everyone is welcome!

The First Frequent Traveler Awards. Houston November 4th. Everyone is welcome!

Old Oct 4, 10, 11:26 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeSPG Contributor Badge

The First Frequent Traveler Awards. Houston November 4th. Everyone is welcome!

Folks,

As you all might know, Randy decided to discontinue the Freddies after 21 years.

I have been a Flyertalk volunteer for many years and thought it was very important for us frequent travelers to have an independent voice so I called my friends oliver2002 and xyzzy and asked them if they were interested in helping putting together an award in the spirit of the Freddies.

So we founded the Frequent Traveler Education Foundation, a non-profit company who will be hosting the awards. Yes, we are doing this for free because we think an award like this should be run by the frequent travelers for the frequent travelers.

We also have a nomination committee lead by Gleff with the following members: sbm12, thezipper, Canarsie, rcs85551, and MileageAddict.

More here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...er-awards.html and here http://www.ftawards.com/index.php?id=72

Finally, to the point!

We will continue the tradition and invite Flyertalkers to the awards!

Unfortunately, we don't have the budget to treat everyone to a free night at the first awards. We will charge 40USD for the entire night which includes open bar and dinner (the dinner buffet is very nice and includes tenderloin among other things )

The program:

Time Event
5:30pm Registration opens
6:00pm Pre-awards cocktail hour
7:00pm Dinner begins
7:30pm Award ceremony begins
10:30pm After party

The event is strictly limited and there will only be about 250 spots available for Flyertalkers, the Star Mega DO participants will take about 200 of those spots, so please sign up as soon as possible if you plan to attend.

Looking forward to meeting you all in Houston on November 4th!

RSVP here: http://www.ftawards.com/rsvp/

Last edited by tommy777; Oct 4, 10 at 11:52 am
Old Oct 4, 10, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by tommy777 View Post
the Frequent Traveler Education Foundation, a for non profit company
Since I came up with the name and was on the phone with you when you incorporated it, I can safely say that it is a non-profit rather than a for profit
Old Oct 4, 10, 12:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimePlatinum
Well like Pavlov, I received the news via the StarMegaDo e-blast & signed up 30 seconds later! Look forward to seeing everyone.

I did notice though that there was only a spot for our 'real' names on the registration form, so someone should probably bring a black magic marker so we can put in our FT 'handles' on the name tags. Some people only know each other via handle LOL. Of course most of the SMDo2 folk might already be together w/ name tags.

Cheers.
Old Oct 4, 10, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock View Post
Well like Pavlov, I received the news via the StarMegaDo e-blast & signed up 30 seconds later! Look forward to seeing everyone.

I did notice though that there was only a spot for our 'real' names on the registration form, so someone should probably bring a black magic marker so we can put in our FT 'handles' on the name tags. Some people only know each other via handle LOL. Of course most of the SMDo2 folk might already be together w/ name tags.

Cheers.
Black markers are available, but not everyone wants to announce their handle so that's optional
Old Oct 4, 10, 1:46 pm

Unable to sign in as the site seems to be down. Maybe only Sharon will be attending!!
Old Oct 4, 10, 2:06 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Signed up a couple of minutes ago - side was working fine for me (using FF / W7). In fact, FT was slower

Looking forward ...
Old Oct 4, 10, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
I have RSVP'd as well.
Old Oct 4, 10, 5:59 pm

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Although work and Texas A&M Football will keep me from attending most of the festivities, I just so happen to have adjusted my schedule so that I need to be near the Sheraton IAH the evening of 11/4....imagine that?!?!

All signed up, just found my polka-dot tie, and now shining my hush puppies as we speak!!!!! Look forward to seeing everyone else there.
Old Oct 4, 10, 6:28 pm

Used a different computer and registered AND paid for the DO!! Must have been my firewall in the other computer.
Old Oct 6, 10, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Smile

Folks, about 35 spots left. ALL are welcome!!
Old Oct 6, 10, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines AAdvantage, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by tommy777 View Post
Folks, about 35 spots left. ALL are welcome!!
What about me? Can I go there?
Old Oct 7, 10, 6:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimePlatinum
Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
What about me? Can I go there?
If you're willing to fly to Houston to attend the FT Awards the night of Thurs, November 4th, then the answer is yes. All FTers are welcome according to tommy's post, just that there's a limit. His latest post indicates only 35 spots left. Also, the link to register also has a link to a discounted rate at the IAH Sheraton.

Cheers.
Old Oct 8, 10, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines AAdvantage, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock View Post
If you're willing to fly to Houston to attend the FT Awards the night of Thurs, November 4th, then the answer is yes. All FTers are welcome according to tommy's post, just that there's a limit. His latest post indicates only 35 spots left. Also, the link to register also has a link to a discounted rate at the IAH Sheraton.

Cheers.
I can't go there for this time. Because I will very extremely tired where I am flying back home to PHX. So unfortunately, I won't be there for this time. There is so much things to do for me. I need try to get some rest during long jetlags. My legs need to get some rest during the trip back to American. I'm sorry that I was unable go to Houston for this time. Maybe there will next time if I will try to have more opportunity see you guys in Arizona.
Old Oct 8, 10, 2:11 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles & Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
I'm sorry that I was unable go to Houston for this time. Maybe there will next time if I will try to have more opportunity see you guys in Arizona.
Next time is currently scheduled to be on Thursday, April 28, 2011 in New York.
Old Oct 8, 10, 4:53 am

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Originally Posted by Canarsie View Post
Next time is currently scheduled to be on Thursday, April 28, 2011 in New York.
They are moving the date of the ceremony up a bit in the year? Melikes, as the Fall is always nuts for me...

Search this Thread