Wiki Posts
Search

Come Fly With Me (FLY FOR FREE) on the Star Alliance MegaDo II

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2010, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by szg
Congrats to the winner and a big thank you to Randy for the great offer.
Great! I'm glad to hear it! Why the thread is still opening but, I thought Randy-San is supposed to locked the thread?
Old Oct 6, 2010, 1:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by N830MH
Great! I'm glad to hear it! Why the thread is still opening but, I thought Randy-San is supposed to locked the thread?
Were still offering our congratulations to the winners and it seems Randy added a new dimension with another offer for those who didn't win but would like to attend anyway.

I'm sure in good time this will be locked down for good
Old Oct 6, 2010, 1:22 am

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
I'd like to cast my name in the pot for a spot on the Mega Do. Got a pm today from Randy listing me as a possibility. So what should I do?

Been so Deltafied I don't know how to go about getting invovled in a Skyteam group.

Best,
Dede
Old Oct 6, 2010, 1:24 am

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
Originally Posted by Randy Petersen
As many of you might remember, last year I gave away one seat on the inagural StarMegaDo trip. And what a trip it was. Last year's winner, ConciergeMike enjoyed whizzing around Europe in a private charter with 300 other FlyerTalkers, touring the Airbus factory and the A380 in Toulouse, meeting and dining with Star Alliance executives, and hobnobbing with reporters from several international media outlets. (And I think I even let him keep the bonus miles and hotel points for his own accounts!)

In fact, it was so nice I'm doing it TWICE this year.

That's right, I'm doubling down and giving away two tickets as part of this year's StarMegaDo II.

Like last year's event, this one promises to be spectacular. While the Star MegaDo II will be visiting New York, Frankfurt, Houston, Phoenix, and Seattle, only the Houston, Phoenix and Seattle portions will be the special charter flight. And like last year, along the way will be enjoying several amazing events. I don't want to say to much, as the hosts like to keep a few surprises up their sleeves, but I don't think I'll be giving anything away when I tell you the itinerary includes:

* Informal get togethers with the execs of the new United Airlines, as well as execs from Starwood, US Airways, and Boeing.

* Lunch under a Boeing 777, a tour of the 787 Dreamliner, and a photo op inside an airplane engine.

* A VIP ticket to the first ever Frequent Traveler Awards, being held in Houston on November 4.

Did I say "we"? Why yes, I did. I've booked a special VIP row on the flight (the one with the extra legroom) and the two winners I select will have the aisle and window seats surrounding my middle seat. As my special guests, you will enjoy:

* Early boarding
* Free drinks
* VIP access to all events
* Hours and hours of great conversation with me about miles, points, and anything else you want to chat about...
* and likely a swag bag that would be jealous at the Academy Awards

And who knows, you might even be quoted in a major newspaper or magazine. Last year, Conde Nast Traveler wrote an eight page spread about the event -- http://www.concierge.com/cntraveler/articles/502250 -- and several journalists will be joining us again this year.

So, at this point you might be wondering, "What do I have to do to get my hands on one of these two VIP tickets?"

The answer to that question is, frankly, not much.

THE RULES (such as they are):
Just like last year, the only rule is, there are no rules**. I want these tickets to go to enthusiastic members of FlyerTalk, so I'll be selecting two members who demonstrate their enthusiasm by posting in this thread. I'll be picking the winners at random and you can post as many times as you want before 12:00 p.m. (noon) Thursday, September 30, 2010 - Mountain Time.

You read that right. All you have to do to be eligible for this unique experience as my guest is to post something -- anything, even a single word -- into this thread. It only takes a single entry to be the lucky one, AND you can post and enter as many times as you like. But do me a favor -- no large type size posts, no images and no colored text.

Here's what I'm personally going to pay for:
I had a lot of input from last year that many more members were really interested to go along, but taking a whole week off from work was just too much. So this year, I'm going to narrow it down again and hope that this shorten schedule will work for just about any member as you'll only have to worry about taking Thursday and Friday off to go along on this very special member event.
- I'll fly you into Houston early on Thursday Nov. 4
- I'll pay your fee to attend the Frequent Traveler Awards Thursday night.
- I'll pay for your seat on the Star MegaDo II charter flight from Houston to Phoenix and then on to Seattle and then back to Houston and I'll get you home from there.
- I'll cover your hotel room on Thursday night (Houston) and Friday night (Seattle).
- I'll cover any and all additional expenses such as that early morning Starbucks and any additional meals if you're the hungry type.

There's likely more but you will certainly be my special guest on this trip.

Good luck and thanks for your continued support of FlyerTalk.

P.S. You might want to tell other friends and flyers you have on FlyerTalk to enter their own posts as a chance to win this since wouldn't it be cool if you both won?

[**OK, there is one rule: I'll only select members who registered on FlyerTalk prior to Sep. 16, 2010.]
[**OK, there is one more rule: No posting bots. Anyone not personally posting themselves risks their entry to fly with me.]
I would be thus thrilled to be included in this do and hope I draw the lucky straw.
dede
Old Oct 6, 2010, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
another great offer by randy....unfortunately won't be able to make it this year....
Old Oct 6, 2010, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by dedehans
I would be thus thrilled to be included in this do and hope I draw the lucky straw.
dede
I think you missed something in the T&C's -- this 'drawing' has already occurred -- it ended on Sept. 30th!
Old Oct 6, 2010, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by dedehans
I'd like to cast my name in the pot for a spot on the Mega Do. Got a pm today from Randy listing me as a possibility. So what should I do?

Been so Deltafied I don't know how to go about getting invovled in a Skyteam group.

Best,
Dede
I think you may need to re-read the PM -- SMD2 is all about Star Alliance, not Skyteam!:-:
Old Oct 6, 2010, 6:11 am

Programs: QF Plat - OW EMD | DL Gold / Starwood Gold
Congratulations mechteach & Drive by DCA! ^^

It was a pleasure posting with everyone online.

When I saw Randy post the results, the first thing I saw in the message was #1 and #2. I didn't read the words "runner-up"

I should have had a webcam on, as I briefly did an "I won" dance and then went back to the computer and then did the, "ooops, I didn't quite win dance"

FYI - Still no rain here in Louisville, but all the new Bluegrass and Tall Fescue I seeded the front yard with is finally starting to germinate and looks good.

The only downside, I have a gopher or something tunneling underneath the yard and making a mess of the newly seeded, graded, and raked areas

I look forward to seeing everyone at a future DO or on the road -- just look for the yellow FT tags, they DO work!
Old Oct 6, 2010, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by SDF_Traveler
When I saw Randy post the results, the first thing I saw in the message was #1 and #2. I didn't read the words "runner-up"

I should have had a webcam on, as I briefly did an "I won" dance and then went back to the computer and then did the, "ooops, I didn't quite win dance"
there is always next year....
Old Oct 6, 2010, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
Originally Posted by saad
there is always next year....
until there isn't.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by SFOTerry
until there isn't.
IT won't have another one for next year.

Originally Posted by beckoa
Were still offering our congratulations to the winners and it seems Randy added a new dimension with another offer for those who didn't win but would like to attend anyway.

I'm sure in good time this will be locked down for good
Right. I agree. I understands when the thread will locked unless Randy-San will decide to closed the thread. It should be consider it done and no more new thread for next year if I can try again to wins a fabulous prize.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Going to have to decline Randy's most generous offer. You all have a great time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.