FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   Come Fly With Me (FLY FOR FREE) on the Star Alliance MegaDo II (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1126028-come-fly-me-fly-free-star-alliance-megado-ii.html)

heffa Sep 30, 2010 12:12 pm

My cell phone is ringing... It's shows RANDY P in the display!

**hurray for me**

beckoa Sep 30, 2010 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Cholula (Post 14860957)
Randy is figuring out the winners.

Plus I'm relatively certain that no posts past Noon MST today will count for the contest.

Ah... well it went into lockdown last year, was re-released, and locked down once again... :p

Randy Petersen Sep 30, 2010 3:23 pm

2 Attachment(s)
Here's an update:
Invitations have went out to the two winners a few hours ago.

I did hear back from one winner, but as I have asked each of them to please make sure you've got coverage at work, with the pets and all else, the member was checking just a few loose ends and will confirm later. I'll post the winners names once i get confirmation from them.

When I used random.org to pick the two winners, I also picked two backup winners in case any of the winners could not go along (things do happen). So, let me post the backup winners:
Runnerup #1: sc flier (post #28,974)

Runnerup #2: SDF_Traveler (post #107,861)

Again thanks.

Randy Petersen Oct 1, 2010 5:34 am

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

2 Attachment(s)
Well, I can tell that many members enjoyed themselves trying to earn a slot in the upcoming Star MegaDo2 which is one of those rare instances when you will be able to rub shoulders with both your fellow members and executives from various airlines.

So, without further ado, let me introduce you to my new seatmates:
- mechteach (post #34170**)
- Driving by DCA (post #108774**)
** see random winner images below

These two are the lucky winners and please join me in congratulating them.

** now maybe you can help me with the seat assignments. Which one gets the window seat and which one gets the aisle?

YankeeTravlr Oct 1, 2010 5:41 am

Congrats to both!

My advice? Prop Driving by DCA up in the corner. He'll still be sleeping off the insanity known as election season.

Driving by DCA Oct 1, 2010 6:11 am

Originally Posted by Randy Petersen (Post 14866076)
Well, I can tell that many members enjoyed themselves trying to earn a slot in the upcoming Star MegaDo2 which is one of those rare instances when you will be able to rub shoulders with both your fellow members and executives from various airlines.

So, without further ado, let me introduce you to my new seatmates:
- mechteach
- Driving by DCA

These two are the lucky winners and please join me in congratulating them.

** now maybe you can help me with the seat assignments. Which one gets the window seat and which one gets the aisle?

Thank you again Randy for an excellent contest and for your generosity in this and in all you do for FT.

And thanks to all the other PWPers too. You all made this fun.

For seat assignments, I think in the spirit of the PWP maybe we should post for them. Maybe whoever has the most posts between now and midnight gets to pick? What say you mechteach? ;)

J/K (mostly). I'm happy to give mechteach first pick.

Driving by DCA Oct 1, 2010 6:12 am

Originally Posted by YankeeTravlr (Post 14866104)
Congrats to both!

My advice? Prop Driving by DCA up in the corner. He'll still be sleeping off the insanity known as election season.

Well good morning there. What's a place like you doing in a girl like this?

And as any good PWPer will tell you, sleep is over-rated @:-)

airbus320 Oct 1, 2010 6:13 am

Congratulations to both of you.

I really enjoyed this contest. As I almost exclusively post in my home forum, AC/Aeroplan, I had the occasion to mingle with other members.

Well done Randy. ^

Keyser Oct 1, 2010 6:16 am

great contest randy....& congratulations to both the winners....have a great trip....

Keyser Oct 1, 2010 6:19 am

also good to see that both winners were in the top 20 posters....

mechteach Oct 1, 2010 6:42 am

Originally Posted by Driving by DCA (Post 14866226)
Thank you again Randy for an excellent contest and for your generosity in this and in all you do for FT.

And thanks to all the other PWPers too. You all made this fun.

For seat assignments, I think in the spirit of the PWP maybe we should post for them. Maybe whoever has the most posts between now and midnight gets to pick? What say you mechteach? ;)

J/K (mostly). I'm happy to give mechteach first pick.

I'd like to join Driving by DCA in thanking Randy for this contest, and for FT in general. Also, thanks as well to all of my fellow posters - this thread was a lot of fun, and I'm very happy to have "met" so many new people.

For the seat assignments, let's see who has the most total posts by midnight...:D Just kidding, too, DbD! I'm very flexible about who sits in which seat - just being on this trip makes me so happy! ^

heffa Oct 1, 2010 6:46 am

Congratulations mechteach and Driving by DCA. :D

heffa Oct 1, 2010 6:47 am

Originally Posted by heffa (Post 14866394)
Congratulations mechteach and Driving by DCA. :D

Must poast moar!!! (hahahahahaha)

Grrrr for "This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds." @:-)

Keyser Oct 1, 2010 7:08 am

Originally Posted by heffa (Post 14866401)
Must poast moar!!! (hahahahahaha)

Grrrr for "This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds." @:-)

i hate that 1 second....

Blank Sheet Oct 1, 2010 7:14 am

Many thanks to Randy for his generosity. Congratulations mechteach and Driving by DCA for the win. You two better not let Randy sit in the middle!

Concrats again!