FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   Come Fly With Me (FLY FOR FREE) on the Star Alliance MegaDo II (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1126028-come-fly-me-fly-free-star-alliance-megado-ii.html)

Canarsie Sep 17, 2010 9:54 am

I found it to be a real shame that the response to this generous offer by Randy Petersen was not well-received or popular, so I posted a weblog entry to help boost traffic to this unfortunately underused thread.

I hope this helps — even if only a little bit — to bring more people to post in this thread.

sc flier Sep 17, 2010 9:54 am

Originally Posted by karenkay (Post 14680983)
at the fair...funnel cakes await!!

Thank you for not posting and driving!

Anglo Large Clawed Otter Sep 17, 2010 9:54 am

Originally Posted by COFlyerCLE (Post 14680975)
Here too. Fall-like.

Festering and pit-like here.

wr_schwab Sep 17, 2010 9:54 am

Originally Posted by sc flier (Post 14680989)
Then what's for dessert?

Waffles and ice cream?

Anglo Large Clawed Otter Sep 17, 2010 9:55 am

Originally Posted by Canarsie (Post 14680992)
I found it to be a real shame that the response to this generous offer by Randy Petersen was not well-received or popular, so I posted a weblog entry to help boost traffic to this unfortunately underused thread.

I hope this helps — even if only a little bit — to bring more people to post in this thread.

Moar! ^

belynch Sep 17, 2010 9:55 am

Ready to resume a round of pre-lunch posts

carvalh2 Sep 17, 2010 9:55 am

Originally Posted by Trustguy (Post 14680969)
This post is more informative than my last one.

Hello there!

bdjohns1 Sep 17, 2010 9:55 am

What should I have for lunch?

Randy Petersen Sep 17, 2010 9:55 am

First ... welcome to FlyerTalk and if I would have known you were coming along, I would have waited one more day before starting.

Two things. To really put you in the good graces of FlyerTalk, you'll want to spend your time posting about miles, points and travel so that I will know your story by the next time. And I do these types of things whenever there is a demand and need from our fellow members, so you never know. And secondly, there really might be no better way to really find out what FlyerTalk is all about than to come along on this trip. Just because you aren't eligible for the random draw, doesn't mean you can't buy a ticket like many others and come fly along.

I encourage all members to think about joining us. It's going to be a great time and you really need not be all that interested in the Star Alliance, United or Continental to enjoy yourself. It's really about the members and that's why I'm trying to help two of them with this. So think about it.

Here's the link the to enrollment and details:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...terthread.html

Originally Posted by ronkidwelljr (Post 14680712)
Randy you have shut me out of the contest because I signed up one day late. Not only is this fair but you probably would found me dull during the trip. I my defense - I LOVE flying and discovered it too late in my life to justify becomming a commercial pilot. I will save my story for next years' contest so I keep you sweating.

Anglo Large Clawed Otter Sep 17, 2010 9:55 am

Every time a :rolleyes: :rolleyes:s, a Poast gets printed.

sc flier Sep 17, 2010 9:55 am

froglegs

belynch Sep 17, 2010 9:56 am

Originally Posted by wr_schwab (Post 14680998)
Waffles and ice cream?

Chicken and waffles? :D

carvalh2 Sep 17, 2010 9:56 am

moar is moar

bdjohns1 Sep 17, 2010 9:56 am

Originally Posted by belynch (Post 14681005)
Ready to resume a round of pre-lunch posts

Welcome to the club.

jms_uk Sep 17, 2010 9:56 am

We just had some champagne in the office - one of directors became a dad recently.

And we are off to pub in a bit - another colleague is leaving us next week.