Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

San Francisco Dinner (Saturday, July 17)

San Francisco Dinner (Saturday, July 17)

Old Jul 17, 2010, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by SkyVillager
koroleon:
With game traffic in mind -- can you park your car somewhere at or near BART and take BART train to EMBARCADERO station? Hyatt is about 1/2 block or so away - walk easily.

*\|/*
Thanks for your help everyone. I though the Giants game would affect public transport too, not just drivers. If I come by BART, is there any station that offers free parking? And coming from the south, which station would let me get there the fastest? I'm sorry for all these questions, but I originally thought dinner would be around SFO and now I really can't afford to spend 2 hours getting there. Thanks again for any tips.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 1:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
We're heading into the city to spend the afternoon, and may drop by.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 2:01 pm

Programs: One Star 'n Sky
koroleon:
Why 2 hrs? Which BART station is nearest to you, and how long would it take you to drive to it?

In terms of avoiding game traffic, I'd think that BART train running underground would be the most reliable option.

*\|/*
Old Jul 17, 2010, 3:28 pm

Location: MCO (Big Iron), ORL (Little Iron) formerly SFO and PAO/SFB
Programs: UA 1MM/Gold/UC, SPG PLT LTG, Marriott PLT, peon at AA, AC, BR, B6, DL, NH, and WN
Originally Posted by koroleon
If I come by BART, is there any station that offers free parking? And coming from the south, which station would let me get there the fastest?
Millbrae is the end of the line. All stations offer free parking on Saturdays. It's about a 35 minute ride from Millbrae to Embarcadero with trains leaving every 20 minutes at 19, 39 and 59 past the hour. The 4:39 train will get you into Embarcadero at 5:16.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 3:58 pm

Thanks again SkyVillager and JoeJSFB. I'll take the 4:39 train from Millbrae as suggested. The 2hr quote was from Google Maps, taking Caltrain from Palo Alto to Millbrae and then BART. I'll drive to Millbrae so that should save a lot of time.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, VX Founding Member; HH/Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum; National Exec Elite, Hertz 5* Gold
Originally Posted by koroleon
Thanks again SkyVillager and JoeJSFB. I'll take the 4:39 train from Millbrae as suggested. The 2hr quote was from Google Maps, taking Caltrain from Palo Alto to Millbrae and then BART. I'll drive to Millbrae so that should save a lot of time.
Thanks everyone for the detailed BART directions! I am going to drive (coming from the Haight) and try to park in the garage at Embarcadero Center or look for a meter or something. I can probably drop off 1 or 2 at the North Beach Do after dinner. I'm going to go right by it to take Broadway home and avoid the Giants game area.

I'll update the OP and look forward to seeing you all in a few hours.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 1:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, VX Founding Member; HH/Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum; National Exec Elite, Hertz 5* Gold
Thanks everyone for attending the dinner and for the great company! I'm thinking next weekend at the Tonga Room - I'll call tomorrow and try to line up a reservation.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by nmmercer
Thanks everyone for attending the dinner and for the great company! I'm thinking next weekend at the Tonga Room - I'll call tomorrow and try to line up a reservation.
Sorry to miss the dinner with your guys, just come back from BA this morning, and would like to join next weekend in Tonga Room before they demolish it.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 12:31 pm

Programs: UAM+ 1P, HolidayInn Priority Gold, Hyatt Gold Passport, Starwood Preferred Guest Plus, ANA silver
thank you for your invitation.

I was in China on assignment and just returned today.

I hope to meet you guys next time.

Thanks.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by young707

I hope to meet you guys next time.

Thanks.
Please see the next event thread here.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.