Reload this Page >

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2010, 3:19 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by oliver2002
So true.... aksing LH.com about it yielded:
Answers from the Lufthansa Service Team

Sorry, we could not find an answer to your question on the Lufthansa website.
I forgot that LH decided to forget about 'Lady Bee'.
Perhaps we should ask Denisa Tudorica what she did with 1 million miles.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 4:11 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott LT Au, Hilton C, IHG PtA
- please update your database record. We absolutely need to know which events you are attending to plan meals and seating for all the events. The FRA event is still strangely selected: we have about 65 people on the flights out, and 80 on the IAH flights, but only 59 asking to be at the FRA dinner and the tours. We are capping the dinner at 100 and the tours at 75.
I notice that the night at the Westin NYC Times Square is not listed on that page, any particular reason ? Or am I just being too inquisitive ?
Old Oct 8, 2010, 5:15 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Hmm?

My page shows this:

Events
I would like to participate in the following events:
Westin Times Square, NYC sendoff party 31-Oct-2010
JFK Sendoff lounge party in Terminal 1 01-Nov-2010
Frankfurt daytime events, 02-Nov-2010
Frankfurt dinner, 02-Nov-2010
Continental day at IAH - 04-Nov-2010
The Frequent Traveler Awards IAH 04-Nov-2010
SEA closing party 05-Nov-2010
Old Oct 8, 2010, 5:27 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Frankfurt daytime events, 02-Nov-2010
Frankfurt dinner, 02-Nov-2010
These two events are listed under "Edit registration data" but not under "Register for the event". The Westin TS party appears under both.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 5:42 am
jth

Programs: SK EBS, BAEC blue, SPG
- last call for the group fare is today (LT NYC 14:00). We still have 5 or so seats on each flight and gave back the rest for LH/LX/CO to sell.
Sorry if it's already been cleared, but what does this mean? Will i have to pay full fares if i decide to join after this deadline? I might just join, i really want to but some practical issues is preventing me from deciding right now
Old Oct 8, 2010, 6:02 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
These two events are listed under "Edit registration data" but not under "Register for the event". The Westin TS party appears under both.
Indeed, xyzzy must have missed that.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jth
Sorry if it's already been cleared, but what does this mean? Will i have to pay full fares if i decide to join after this deadline? I might just join, i really want to but some practical issues is preventing me from deciding right now
How sure are you about joining? If its better than 50/50 please sign up and decide asap.
If you don't use the group fare, regular fares on LH ex Europe are about 470€++/3750SEK++ ex FRA/ARN in W (the lowest class still available on LH440/03NOV and LH491/07NOV for regular sales), the group fare is 227€++ ex FRA in W
Old Oct 8, 2010, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
This prblem has been fixed. I'm very sorry for any confusion it caused.

Xyzzy
Old Oct 8, 2010, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Frequent Traveler Awards dinner

I signed up for the Frequent Traveler Awards dinner, and there was nowhere to confirm dietary restrictions (I'm a vegetarian). However I did make my restrictions known as an allergy on the mega do profile section. (It's a life and death situation. If I eat meat, an animal must die.) Will dietary restrictions be transmitted to the hotel for the Awards dinner?

TIA
Old Oct 8, 2010, 8:30 am

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I signed up for the Frequent Traveler Awards dinner, and there was nowhere to confirm dietary restrictions (I'm a vegetarian). However I did make my restrictions known as an allergy on the mega do profile section. (It's a life and death situation. If I eat meat, an animal must die.) Will dietary restrictions be transmitted to the hotel for the Awards dinner?TIA
+2
Old Oct 8, 2010, 8:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
perhaps the above question should go in the ft awards dinner thread in community buzz, in case there are other vegetarians who might sign up for the awards dinner only & might have the question question re: the veggie alternative. since technically they're 2 dif events, data might not get switched from one to the other. i figure, if by chance i get served seafood (which i actually do have an allergy to), i can always send it back & the hotel will sort something out for me. things like vegetarians, seafood allergies, are not unheard of in the hotel industry

re: payment etc. oliver, in checking my cc, the charter payment cleared/has been paid. i updated - did the edit data function - last weekend to include all the events. like others it took me a bit of time to realize that's where the full list was. i also provided cc info for the tatl flights & updated the address to be jfk (did a screen shot of it saying info received/being processed). in checking, the tatl payment hasn't hit my account yet. i attributed that to the cc's being sent over in a batch to lh so haven't been worried. but if for some reason it didn't transmit properly, let me know & i'll send it again or call patti directly.

cheers.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Will dietary restrictions be transmitted to the hotel for the Awards dinner?

TIA
Yes -- we will make sure that there are vegetarian friendly meals available at dinner.

Xyzzy
Old Oct 8, 2010, 8:47 am

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by seacarl
Is this confirmed for UA credit, too, irrespective of whether one actually travels SEA-IAH on 6 Nov? (At one point it was to be based on actual flown for UA).

Another question of interest - will these be considered BIS miles for million miler qualification (on either CO or UA)? At some point CO & UA will consolidate these, and if it is BIS on CO but not UA, since CO metal, would want to credit to CO instead of UA.
Can one of the organizers confirm whether the full 4031 miles will be credited to UA without having to fly back to IAH?

And the question about BIS million miler credit for UA vs. CO?
Old Oct 8, 2010, 9:36 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott LT Au, Hilton C, IHG PtA
My page shows this:
I meant on the hotel / stay list, that one only lists FRA, IAH and SEA. But not NYC...

Last edited by jupper; Oct 8, 2010 at 9:38 am Reason: clarification
Old Oct 8, 2010, 10:24 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by From NYC
William -

My CO flight from LGA gets in around 1:40PM. Will cab straight over and drop bags/check-in after a little Q with you.

If anyone else arrives in IAH around that time & wants to split a cab, let me know.

- From NYC
No worries. We will try to linger over our ribs. I do have to be back at the Sheraton at 3 PM, however, and since my brother will probably have to leave at 2 PM, I would be willing to share a cab back to the hotel when we finish.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.