Reload this Page >

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2010, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Has anybody else had trouble submitting their immigration info through the LH website? I received the following error message:

• Format error(s) in destination address's data (4725)
Old Oct 4, 2010, 2:53 pm

Programs: SAS EB Diamond, CC Concierge, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by oliver2002
- 20 European passport holders have indicated that they are not coming to the FRA events/dinner?
Can also confirm that haakonks and haakonks_p01 will just be joining for the US part of the DO. We'll join you on IAH.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 3:22 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SS255
Has anybody else had trouble submitting their immigration info through the LH website? I received the following error message:

• Format error(s) in destination address's data (4725)
I have come across various error messages in the past on the LH website.

I was going to say one thing you have to remember is that the hotel name is not accepted as an address. You have to enter a street address.

But I've just entered the hotel name and the website accepted it!

So, I'm afraid I don't know what the problem is!

Another thing you may want to remember is when you check-in online on the LH website, you may be asked for the same information again! Apparently data you previously entered is not carried into the check-in system.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Oct 5, 2010 at 11:34 am
Old Oct 4, 2010, 3:28 pm

Programs: EB*G, BD*G, HH Silver, FB, AA, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold
When is LH expected to start ticketing the TATL flights?
Old Oct 4, 2010, 6:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I have come across various error messages in the past on the LH website.

I was going to say one thing you have to remember is that the hotel name is not accepted as an address. You have to enter a street address.

But I've just entered the hotel name (Sheraton North Houston) and the website accepted it!

So, I'm afraid I don't know what the problem is!

Another thing you may want to remember is when you check-in online on the LH website, you may be asked for the same information again! Apparently data you previously entered is not carried into the check-in system.
There was no field on the screen to enter hotel information. I presume from the fact that you were able to enter hotel info that when you click on "save data" after entering your passport info, it takes you to a screen where you can enter your hotel info. When I clicked on "save data," I got the error message, so I never made it past the passport information screen.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 8:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Ok, now I'm confused.

If you all are talking about confirming your TATL data w/ LH, I had absolutely no problem on submitting my immigration info. I think I submitted my home address for whatever address it wanted. I know it did not ask for hotel data. So worst case try your home address.

Re: when LH is going to actually charge us for the TATL, I'm sure they'll get to us pretty quickly after they process the 75 folk crossing over the pond

Cheers.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 12:45 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
If you all are talking about confirming your TATL data w/ LH, I had absolutely no problem on submitting my immigration info. I think I submitted my home address for whatever address it wanted. I know it did not ask for hotel data. So worst case try your home address.
I already have a confirmed (award) reservation on LH440 (FRA-IAH) and LH491 (SEA-FRA) and this is what I get when I go to My Account -> Booking Overview -> Data collection for entry to the USA on lufthansa.com. As you see below it asks for your address in USA and says "No hotel name".

If you don't have a confirmed reservation already perhaps you get a different screen?

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Oct 5, 2010 at 11:30 am Reason: changed the screen image to avoid confusion - yes, the default country of residence is Afghanistan! Make sure you change it!!
Old Oct 5, 2010, 1:16 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
All get the above screen if they go to the link I provided to the participants on the TATL group fare I wrote email to earlier. SS255 is the only one who is getting that error, but I have already advised that if you do get an error, please call LH to add the TSA SFPD and CBP immigration info. Another clarification will go out today.

LH needs this info in the booking atleast 72h before departure in order to comply with the new rules that come into play eff 01NOV2010.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Ok, now I'm confused.

Re: when LH is going to actually charge us for the TATL, I'm sure they'll get to us pretty quickly after they process the 75 folk crossing over the pond

Cheers.
Welcome to our world. Your big brother government demands all sorts of information now when entering the USA and hotel addresses don't always register properly. These e-forms can drive one crazy at times.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
FYI -- the address of the Sheratn at IAH is as follows:
Code:
15700 JOHN F KENNEDY BOULEVARD
HOUSTON, TX 77032
Do NOT put in the name of the hotel.

Xyzzy

Last edited by Xyzzy; Oct 5, 2010 at 8:40 am
Old Oct 5, 2010, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by xyzzy
FYI -- the address of the Sheratn at IAH is as follows:
Code:
15700 JOHN F KENNEDY BOULEVARD
Houston, TX 77032
Thanks! I did find the address by Googling the hotel name but wanted to test if the error message that SS255 was getting was due to the hotel name vs street address problem. I was surprised when the hotel name was accepted and it looks like the problem was due to something else in any case.

Now has anyone managed find the street address of the Hilton O'Hare Airport? I did manage to find it eventually for SMD1 but it was a challenge. (Srry for ging T!)

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Oct 5, 2010 at 11:43 am
Old Oct 5, 2010, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Now has anyone managed find the street address of the Hilton O'Hare Airport? I did manage to find it eventually for SMD1 but it was a challenge. (Srry for ging T!)
I'm sure they'd tell you if you call and ask. (773) 686-8000
Old Oct 5, 2010, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
All get the above screen if they go to the link I provided to the participants on the TATL group fare I wrote email to earlier. SS255 is the only one who is getting that error, but I have already advised that if you do get an error, please call LH to add the TSA SFPD and CBP immigration info. Another clarification will go out today.
I've solved my problem (or at least got LH's website to accept my info):

For those of you who live in the U.S., when you are asked for your US address, do not put in a unit number if you live in an apartment, condo or co-op. This is what messed me up: The error message I got referred to a problem with my "destination address." The only address field option was a U.S. address, which obviously is my home address. But I guess to LH any address outside of Germany is a "destination address." I decided to try one more time, but to omit my unit # in the street address field. When I submitted my info again, it was accepted.

Now.....if I should have input the address for the Sheraton Frankfurt hotel, this was not made clear on LH's website. The field specifically requested a U.S. address, and there was no field for the "destination address."
Old Oct 5, 2010, 11:37 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Ok, checked out the ressie & per the instructions switched the address to the JFK one in Houston, and then paid for it. Once the payment goes through I'll call to get seat assignment & make sure they have my UA FF#.

Cheers.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by sbm12
I'm sure they'd tell you if you call and ask. (773) 686-8000
Finding it out on the web is more fun!

Originally Posted by SS255
Now.....if I should have input the address for the Sheraton Frankfurt hotel, this was not made clear on LH's website. The field specifically requested a U.S. address, and there was no field for the "destination address."
AFAIK only the US asks for an address at this stage. Other countries, however paranoid, do not ask for an address as part of the Secure Flights Program, though you may have to supply one later for immigration purposes.

I must be something of an expert on this subject since the three countries I travel between regularly all require this information - including the countries of residence and birth!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.