StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2010, 2:13 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
+1
+2 on blank password
Old Sep 29, 2010, 2:24 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Hmm... the fact that oliver2002jr. number two woke me up at 5am hit hard... All participants with a user name in the alphabet after oliver2002 got the blank password mail. Stupid script, fixed it, sent out the mail to the affected users again
Old Sep 29, 2010, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Oh sure ... blame the kid ...

Updated email received. I have paid. See everyone soon!
Old Sep 29, 2010, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott LT Au, Hilton C, IHG PtA
Originally Posted by From NYC
If you use Paypal, the charge will be $40, not $20.
Strange that PayPal did not add anything to my Y payment of USD599...
Old Sep 29, 2010, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by From NYC
Just a note to those who've also booked a spot in F on the charter. If you use Paypal, the charge will be $40, not $20. Oliver confirmed for me that this is Paypal's doing and that the extra handling fee for F class is correct.

That's what I get for going fancy-pants class!
PayPal charges us based on a percentage of the transaction amount. F is 2xY, so the fee is twice as much. I have made this clearer on the payment web site.

Xyzzy
Old Sep 29, 2010, 2:47 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I have a couple of questions and hope it's ok to ask them here rather than sending email to the organisers.

1. FF Program for charter mileage credit options include BMI Diamond Club. Has any agreement been reached with BMI?

2. I've already made hotel reservations at the events hotels listed. Do I leave the tickmarks next to these hotels or should I remove them?

3. For flights from/back to Europe, I've made my own arrangements since I submitted my original requests. On the left side (flight options) I don't seem to be able to de-select options completely. Should I select "a different flight/day"?

Thanks.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 2:53 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Fixed the 20$ paypal fee entry, again, it must be the sleep deprivation. All people paying from now on will charged correctly. Five lucky souls got a early payment bonus
Old Sep 29, 2010, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I have a couple of questions and hope it's ok to ask them here rather than sending email to the organisers.

1. FF Program for charter mileage credit options include BMI Diamond Club. Has any agreement been reached with BMI?

2. I've already made hotel reservations at the events hotels listed. Do I leave the tickmarks next to these hotels or should I remove them?

3. For flights from/back to Europe, I've made my own arrangements since I submitted my original requests. On the left side (flight options) I don't seem to be able to de-select options completely. Should I select "a different flight/day"?

Thanks.
1. bmi is in the works and looks good so far.
2. No please mark which hotels you are staying in as we need totals to estimate logistics
3. I will contact all those who made group fare booking requests tomorrow to sort it out. The group fare needs to be ticketed by this weekend, so I've got my work laid out. The fact that I'm on the Oktoberfest with colleagues tomorrow afternoon won't help
Old Sep 29, 2010, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Leave the tick marks!

Thanks.
In that case, select "a different flight/day" and "Booked n own" leave the rest blank.

Xyzzy
Old Sep 29, 2010, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exclamation

If you review your data on the participant web site and discover your first and last names are reversed, please PM me with the details so I can correct the problem. My children are lder than Oliver's so I can't claim the same sleep deprivation excuse!

Xyzzy
Old Sep 29, 2010, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

I'm impressed. 16 people paid up in the past one hour. Maybe its the 'nice' EUR/USD exchange rate.

http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/
Old Sep 29, 2010, 3:17 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by oliver2002
1. bmi is in the works and looks good so far.
2. No please mark which hotels you are staying in as we need totals to estimate logistics
3. I will contact all those who made group fare booking requests tomorrow to sort it out. The group fare needs to be ticketed by this weekend, so I've got my work laid out.
Thanks for the prompt reply. I'll leave the flight options etc. for now and update info before the deadline of 15 Oct.

The fact that I'm on the Oktoberfest with colleagues tomorrow afternoon won't help
Not too much beer for you then?
Old Sep 29, 2010, 4:39 pm

Programs: EBG, M&M SEN, FB Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
I'm impressed. 16 people paid up in the past one hour.
17 ^

(a shame I did not get the fast-payer bonus as well :-)

Now there is only one month till I depart to US - wuhuu

/HerrO
Old Sep 29, 2010, 4:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.2; U; Series60/3.1 NokiaE71-2/300.21.012; Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

will be in office tomorrow am and will pay charter and 40 fee then. Have some questions re: other airline and hotel but will wait until am to ask as i keep losing wifi where i'm @ on the smartphone.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by herro
17 ^

(a shame I did not get the fast-payer bonus as well :-)

Now there is only one month till I depart to US - wuhuu

/HerrO
18 ^ Paid and looking forward to the Do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.