Reload this Page >

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:23 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Please lets not restart the luggage discussion, we are aware of the situation and will find a solution.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 1:19 pm
In memoriam

Programs: QF WP & AA EXP
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
What happens to the carry ons that don't fit?
They will be thrown off the plane down the emergency exit slide, will go directly to jail, and if they pass go will not collect 2 cans of beer.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 1:46 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by wijomas
They will be thrown off the plane down the emergency exit slide, will go directly to jail, and if they pass go will not collect 2 cans of beer.
Who invited that ex-Jet Blue FA?
Old Aug 23, 2010, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
FYI -- This afternoon, the Westin Seattle should be adding some rooms with two double beds to our room block.

Xyzzy
Old Aug 23, 2010, 2:52 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by xyzzy
FYI -- This afternoon, the Westin Seattle should be adding some rooms with two double beds to our room block.
And they have also added more deluxe rooms with 1 King + 1 double sofa @ $169. ^

p.s. but not any more. The only types available now are traditional rooms with 2 double beds or 1 king + 1 double sofa.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Aug 24, 2010 at 5:17 am
Old Aug 24, 2010, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
What happens to the carry ons that don't fit?
The owners get booted to the cargo hold along with their oversized baggage . Hold on tight!
Old Aug 24, 2010, 7:38 am

OK move along people. Nothing to see here.

Last edited by anat0l; Aug 24, 2010 at 8:38 am Reason: Realised that my attempted repartee actually doesn't work...damn!
Old Aug 25, 2010, 11:24 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Folks, we will soon post the CO MeetingWorks discount code.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 12:24 pm

The CO discount code has been sent to all the participants.

Just as an FYI, if you are sitting on the fence, we are starting our marketing effort tomorrow to get rid of the last 34 seats for sale on the charter.

So if you want to join, you should probably do it soon
Old Aug 25, 2010, 5:40 pm

To the organizers:

I am in the process of booking my CO flights to and from IAH. I will be taking charter from Seattle back to IAH. It states in the first post that a charter will depart Seattle at approximately 9am, do we yet know an estimated time of arrival to IAH. I am debating if I should book 4pm flight back home or later just in case on 11/6/2010.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 8:21 pm

Back on more important things, with respect to the CO group code which was just sent out... I am planning to fly from FRA-IAH on the LH alternative CO47 (leaving early afternoon). This was one of the "official" options offered on the sign-up form.

Does that mean those who want to book CO47 book this flight now on the CO website using the code we were given, or do we wait for special procedures?

Sorry for the silly question...

Another thought I had was that some people who are flying FRA-IAH on LH440 might get into the FRA FCT via HON and/or purchasing an F seat. I guess there might be a line up of non-eligible-for-FCT people also flying on LH440 that will be seeking out guest spots......

Last edited by Cholula; Aug 25, 2010 at 8:48 pm Reason: edited previously deleted comments
Old Aug 25, 2010, 8:33 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Folks, we've removed several recent posts as being severely off-topic.

This is not the thread to debate which DO is the biggest, best, longest or most expensive.

Please limit your comments here to this specific DO.

Thanks to the 99% of you who play by the rules.

Cholula
CommunityBuzz! Co-Moderator
Old Aug 25, 2010, 8:34 pm

Folks,

We had a long conference call with Continental about the logistics of the charter today and have some important information to share.
  • The boarding passes for the charter will be handed out the night before the FT awards
  • You will be able to check luggage. Check in will be at a dedicated area at the IAH terminal and we will also have a dedicated boarding area in the E Concourse
  • The luggage will be loaded in to a dedicated luggage bus at Payne Field and transported to the Westin Seattle
  • You will NOT be able to bring your cell phones or cameras on the tours at Boeing. When we land at PAE, you can drop off your carry on luggage (also, put your cell and cameras in there) on the dedicated bus and you will get your stuff back at the Westin.
  • We will send out the main course main courses to the F passengers in a couple of weeks and pls choose your meal so we are sure you get your choice
  • The plane will be repositioned from PAE to SEA airport right after we land at PAE and the return from Seattle to Houston will leave at 9AM on Saturday. You will check in at the regular counter and you can check your bags. Please be at the airport and check in before 8AM if you have luggage. If not, you will get your boarding pass the night before from the organizers and you just need to show up at the gate no later than 15 minutes before departure
  • The service on the Saturday flight, will be like a regular CO flight
Old Aug 25, 2010, 8:42 pm

Oh, and we are trying very hard to locate the LUFCD and get him to come. ^^

He's not a CO employee, we are trying to figure out where the heck they found him
Old Aug 25, 2010, 8:43 pm

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by tommy777
You will NOT be able to bring your ... cameras on the tours at Boeing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.