Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Old Aug 19, 2010, 10:00 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

The Westin Seattle is now ready for booking. We will send out the link shortly. Please reserve your room asap as it's pretty packed in Seattle for some conference.

I'm very happy that so many has booked the Sheraton Houston. It makes it so much easier for us to negotiate better rates for events like this when you support the host hotels. (besides it's easier to crawl back to your room in house after hours and hours of open bar )

Thank you all! Pls keep that up with the Westin Seattle.

Also, we have closed the sale of First Class on the charter, only 38 coach seats are available now.

Last edited by tommy777; Aug 22, 2010 at 7:19 pm
Old Aug 19, 2010, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Cool that signups are picking up!^ Looking forward to all the fun festivities!

Originally Posted by tommy777
The Westin Seattle is now ready for booking. We will send out the link shortly. Please reserve your room asap as it's pretty packed in Seattle for some conference.

I'm very happy that so many has booked the Sheraton Houston. It makes it so much easier for us to negotiate better rates for events like this when you support the host hotels. (besides it's easier to crawl back to your room in house after hours and hours of open bar )

Thank you all! Pls keep that up with the Seattle Sheraton.
It is the 'Westin' in Seattle, correct?

Also, we have closed the sale of First Class on the charter, only 38 coach seats are available now.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 8:47 am

Booked a room at the Westin Seattle. All the rooms are a king bed with double sofa, which means there will be a coin toss between flatmates to find out who will get which bed (might not matter, hopefully we get to sleep "on time"... I have a PITA of an early morning flight to make the next morning...)

I've also booked a room at the Westin Time Square, as I will be joining the Do for the TATL to Europe. I've only booked it for one night (31 Oct), but if anyone wants to share a room and split the bill, more than happy to do so (just send a PM).

Last edited by anat0l; Aug 21, 2010 at 7:12 am Reason: 30 days hath September, April, June & November... not October!
Old Aug 20, 2010, 9:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by mnmag
It is the 'Westin' in Seattle, correct?
Yes, it is. @:-)

Originally Posted by anat0l
I've only booked it for one night (30 Oct),
Make sure you've got the correct date booked. We don't leave for Frankfurt until the 1st of November. :-:
Old Aug 20, 2010, 3:14 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
When I checked the Westin Seattle's website earlier in the day two types of rooms were available. Now I'm ready to book a room but rooms on the upper floors are no longer offered. Since I'll be staying for a couple of nights I was hoping to book one of these rooms. Will some more rooms on the upper floors be released?
Old Aug 20, 2010, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
When I checked the Westin Seattle's website earlier in the day two types of rooms were available. Now I'm ready to book a room but rooms on the upper floors are no longer offered. Since I'll be staying for a couple of nights I was hoping to book one of these rooms. Will some more rooms on the upper floors be released?
after I booked my traditional room, I got an email confirmation with a link to upgrade my stay with an option to book a deluxe room for $15 per night more.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 5:18 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
after I booked my traditional room, I got an email confirmation with a link to upgrade my stay with an option to book a deluxe room for $15 per night more.
Was there an option to choose a deluxe room when you booked?
Old Aug 20, 2010, 8:58 pm

Was there an option to choose a deluxe room when you booked?
Yes, there was an option for a deluxe room.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 9:55 pm

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
I made my booking about 5h ago. I was only offered the King + double sofa, city view. No complaints but it's interesting to read there that at one point, there were options available.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 12:09 am

Programs: LH
Frankfurt

Maybe I missed it, but was the Frankfurt hotel allready to be booked?
Old Aug 21, 2010, 12:24 am

Programs: UA1K,HH Silver
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
I just booked my room and not only was not given that option but was told that option was not available when I called.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 3:29 am

@ Oliver, thanks for updating post #1. Just a couple of schedule changes to LH flights.

On Nov 3, LH440 departs FRA at 10.25 (rather than 10.40) to IAH arriving 15.20 (rather than 15.30).

On Nov 7, LH491 departs SEA at 13.50 (rather than 15.45) to FRA.
(LH491 on Nov 6 departs SEA at 15.00)
Some further schedule changes to LH440 (FRA-IAH) and LH491 (SEA-FRA Nov 7):

On Nov 3, LH440 departs FRA at 10.15 arriving IAH at 15.10.
On Nov 7, LH491 departs SEA at 14.00 arriving FRA at 09.05+1.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by chumbawumba
Maybe I missed it, but was the Frankfurt hotel allready to be booked?
No, not yet.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by RCyyz
I made my booking about 5h ago. I was only offered the King + double sofa, city view. No complaints but it's interesting to read there that at one point, there were options available.
The same option was offered to me, as well!
Old Aug 21, 2010, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by sbm12
Make sure you've got the correct date booked. We don't leave for Frankfurt until the 1st of November. :-:
Oooh... you are right.

Just double checked my booking confirmation, and it is for one night on 31 October.

Either some weird Halloween voodoo and/or how the hell did I think that October had only 30 days....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.