StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2010, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by xyzzy
Don't be so quick to draw conclusions. We're past the 12 mark.

Xyzzy
Is that 120 FTers plus the 30 or so "hangers on" (airline execs, media, etc.) for 150 confirmed? I find keeping track of things -- like the mileage thing, mea culpa if I misled, it was not intentional -- very confusing given there tend to be three or four posts from organizers which are not always clear given the previous posts and statements. And the master posts don't always keep up with updates...not a complaint, just stating why many of us have differing interpretations of what's actually happening.

But today is the 13th, so I shall await the latest "definitive" account we've been promised.

Yikes...Randy without his mane! Glad we have that Conde Nast photo as evidence of a mis-spent youth...
Old Jul 14, 2010, 9:52 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Randy looks 20 years younger with his new haircut.

Just came back from a lovely European vacation and I'm catching up on FT today.

Here's the status

We have 120+ people signed up + press, airlines etc.

Lufthansa and Continental will award miles on the charter. Finalizing with UA and US as we speak.

Jennifer Janzen at LH who was our LH mover and shaker has moved to Germany and left Lufthansa US. She just joined Lufthansa Germany and will be responsible for the program in Germany. We are working closely with all the airlines and the program looks amazing.

We are aiming for a 757-300 as our aircraft, so we are about 60 seats short of filling up.

So all in all we are right on track.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 10:29 am

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
Originally Posted by tommy777
Lufthansa and Continental will award miles on the charter. Finalizing with UA and US as we speak.

Will a CO FF earn miles on the LX 15 flight?

thanks, Hugh
Old Jul 14, 2010, 10:50 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond

Jennifer Janzen at LH who was our LH mover and shaker has moved to Germany and left Lufthansa US. She just joined Lufthansa Germany and will be responsible for the program in Germany. We are working closely with all the airlines and the program looks amazing.
Sounds great! ^^

We are aiming for a 757-300 as our aircraft, so we are about 60 seats short of filling up.

So all in all we are right on track.
I'm sure the seats will fill up once people who have been sitting on the fence find out about award miles on the charter.

Originally Posted by hughw
Will a CO FF earn miles on the LX 15 flight?
LX15 is a scheduled flight so you should earn miles as normal.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 3:49 pm

Thanks for the update tommy777

Hmmm... I have neither any FFP accounts with LH, CO, UA or US (well, notwithstanding that next year my BD account will more than likely turn into a LH one). Looks like I'm going to have to start a new account....
Old Jul 14, 2010, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by anat0l
Thanks for the update tommy777

Hmmm... I have neither any FFP accounts with LH, CO, UA or US (well, notwithstanding that next year my BD account will more than likely turn into a LH one). Looks like I'm going to have to start a new account....
You should probably start a LH one so that when the accounts merge they will all be on one place.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 7:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I'm not involved w/ LH/BD, but I know the BD folk that I've chatted w/ re: the Do (who haven't booked yet btw) are waiting to hear if BD will ante up the 4K. Not sure why they haven't posted given they're chatting w/ others & even me via PM, but there are a few BD folk who would like to hear.

And cuz I'm neither a LH person or a BD person (other than depositing last year's 15K miles into BD), wasn't the same thing said last year then re: starting 2 accounts etc etc re: BD/LH?

FWIW - I'm a UA person, not a CO person, and I don't feel the need to create a CO account in hopes that it will get merged w/ UA - unless you all convince me otherwise! I'd like the 4K RDM, but truthfully it's not going to make or break me (and if it's only EQM & not RDM, for me it's useless, but that is particular to me).

Cheers.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
(and if it's only EQM & not RDM, for me it's useless, but that is particular to me).
CO is crediting EQM and RDM. I believe that LH is the same but I'm not 100% certain.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 8:32 pm

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by sbm12
CO is crediting EQM and RDM. I believe that LH is the same but I'm not 100% certain.
Thanks for the update! For the CO & LH folk that's great! Hopefully UA will do the same - or credit at all, but again (particular to me) RDM is more important than EQM. And I'm sure the BD folk have their fingers & toes crossed too LOL...

Cheers.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 10:09 pm

Programs: MS Plat, AOR ninja
Originally Posted by sbm12
SBM- Is CO granting 2x miles for coach and 3x for first? I thought I heard this before... and is it the same for EQM and RDM?
Old Jul 14, 2010, 10:51 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by CJ1120
You should probably start a LH one so that when the accounts merge they will all be on one place.
I would have the miles credited to whatever *Alliance carrier works best for you. Being that you live in Brisbane, Australia, and Qantas is not a *Alliance member, the next most likely would SEEM to be New Zealand or Singapore, however, YMMV.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by USirritated
I would have the miles credited to whatever *Alliance carrier works best for you. Being that you live in Brisbane, Australia, and Qantas is not a *Alliance member, the next most likely would SEEM to be New Zealand or Singapore, however, YMMV.
I only mention LH, CO, UA and US because we are talking about the possible FFPs that the charter mileage can be credited to.

The non-charter mileage is any FFP, and I've got that down pat (it'll be BD).
Old Jul 14, 2010, 11:19 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
I only mention LH, CO, UA and US because we are talking about the possible FFPs that the charter mileage can be credited to.

The non-charter mileage is any FFP, and I've got that down pat (it'll be BD).
I would not have thought that British Midland would be helpful to you living in Australia. Does British Midland fly to Brisbane?
Old Jul 14, 2010, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by USirritated
I would not have thought that British Midland would be helpful to you living in Australia. Does British Midland fly to Brisbane?
No, they don't, not even codeshare.

However, that still doesn't mean it is a useful program and I can make redemptions using their program.

I could easily do this for NZ and SQ, except SQ has a hard 3 year expiry on miles and don't get me started on the merits (or lack thereof) of NZ Airpoints.

BD program is a good fit for me even if I can't utilise the benefits of their network and aircraft.

Anyway, we're straying off topic here.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 12:33 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
We have not even approached bmi DC for miles this year. Goldcircle was so kind to convince them last time and a massive 82 particpants credited there. All bmi got out of it was a logo on the print and t-shirts.

Considering bmi DC's future is most probably a M&M intergration (see the bmi DC forum for details), M&M is a better bet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.