StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:33 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Perhaps a PM to the lurkers would have done the trick here? Why publicize this to everyone before a solution has been reached?
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by schley
Why publicize this to everyone before a solution has been reached?
Don't people do this type of thing on Flyertalk all the time?
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
To see if other people are having the same problem? To tell if it's an individual problem or systemic? To jog peoples' memories so they can check?
Old Jan 31, 2011, 11:36 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM, AA P 2MM, DL PM, US P, VS G, SPG LT P, HH D, HYATT P, PC P, AVIS PC, HERTZ PLAT
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
To see if other people are having the same problem? To tell if it's an individual problem or systemic? To jog peoples' memories so they can check?
Its definately systemic. You would see lots of people posting in the *mega do II thread that they got them if it were not.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 11:43 am

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Definitely Seattle. Sorry. Westin there, Sheraton at IAH in Houston.
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
Thanks for clarifying. I was thinking it refers to South East Asia.

Thyetus
Old Jan 31, 2011, 3:06 pm

Programs: CO Plat, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Diamond, CO Pres. Plus, Hertz #1 Gold
Attended this Do, was Plat already at the time. I booked when the special rates went up and was very quickly given, after the stays, all the bonus points I was due without any special interventions. Not that others didn't have problems, but my experience with this was seamless.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 3:27 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Shareholder
...Maybe one of the three Starwood Lurkers can check into this and find out why the delay?
Missed this from the Do thread, I'm guessing?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15177734-post2748.html

I, and none of the other lurkers, are a resource for following up on this item. If you, or anyone else, have questions regarding any missing Starpoint bonuses, please send your SPG account number and the details of what you may be missing to oliver2002 or tommy777 for follow up with the person at SPG who is handling this. She is standing by to hear your details from them.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Jan 31, 2011, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Missed this from the Do thread, I'm guessing?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15177734-post2748.html

I, and none of the other lurkers, are a resource for following up on this item. If you, or anyone else, have questions regarding any missing Starpoint bonuses, please send your SPG account number and the details of what you may be missing to oliver2002 or tommy777 for follow up with the person at SPG who is handling this. She is standing by to hear your details from them.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

I have already had an extensive email exchange with Tommy and Oliver and their response is that they've contacted Starwood about this but nothing has still been done. I am not alone as it appears our entire Toronto delegation received no bonus points for these stays!
Old Jan 31, 2011, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by bdraco
Its definately systemic. You would see lots of people posting in the *mega do II thread that they got them if it were not.
And most people responding on that thread when it was a topic in late November reported not receiving these bonus points.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
No rhyme or reason why some people got the points and some didn't. I was Platinum when I made my booking, and used the special link to make my reservation (with my Plat number listed) and have not received the bonus pts either.

SensFan, can you tell us what the description was for your bonus points listings?
Here is what was posted.
Earn +4000 11/10/2010 MEGA DO THANK YOU

The post that you showed said 1000 per night, I received 1000 per stay so I guess I am 1000 short in that sense (not sure if that was ever changed to per stay but I don't really care about 1k).

I am a bit disappointed at never having received the extra special thank you that was mentioned for Plats (especially since everyone else received a wine, cheese and crackers in NYC and I only received the cheese followed by my whine ).

From the master thread it would seem that the only people who received the bonus points were those who were there from the beginning (plus one person from Frankfurt on who also got 4k).
Old Feb 1, 2011, 1:36 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Originally Posted by oliver2002
SPG is my baby, will follow up again.
Just bringing this thread back to page 1.

I got an e-mail a week or so ago saying that I would not be keeping SPG Gold in 2011 (unless I was missing lots of stays in my account, which is not the case). I assume that fixing this is part of "Oliver's baby"?

If I end up not getting any more SPG results from SMD2, it's not a big deal - but for the record, here is what I am missing (besides the possibility that my SPG gold status won't carry into 2011):

* Gold bonus for my three SMD2 hotel stays (gold status did not post to my account until after the stays had been recorded).

* 1000 points/night bonus - should be 3000 for me, although I know of others with only three nights who received 4000 points.

* Double points for IAH Sheraton promo.

(I did get the 3000 point promo for staying at the Times Square Westin on Sunday.)

Anyway, enough about SPG. I'm looking forward to seeing the Boeing photos when they make their way to us!
Old Feb 1, 2011, 1:44 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Oliver & Tommy,

Do you want PMs with SPG numbers to follow up with Starwood, as the Lurkers insist?
Old Feb 2, 2011, 9:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K 0.94MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by slocouple
Do you want PMs with SPG numbers to follow up with Starwood, as the Lurkers insist?
I don't understand. Where did this come from?
Old Feb 2, 2011, 9:08 pm

Someone started a thread in the SPG forum complaining about not having received the points:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...ticipants.html
And the lurkers said, "I, and none of the other lurkers, are a resource for following up on this item. If you, or anyone else, have questions regarding any missing Starpoint bonuses, please send your SPG account number and the details of what you may be missing to oliver2002 or tommy777 for follow up with the person at SPG who is handling this. She is standing by to hear your details from them.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide "
Originally Posted by Minnesota Bruin
I don't understand. Where did this come from?
Old Feb 2, 2011, 11:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K 0.94MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by slocouple
Someone started a thread in the SPG forum complaining about not having received the points:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...ticipants.html
And the lurkers said, "I, and none of the other lurkers, are a resource for following up on this item. If you, or anyone else, have questions regarding any missing Starpoint bonuses, please send your SPG account number and the details of what you may be missing to oliver2002 or tommy777 for follow up with the person at SPG who is handling this. She is standing by to hear your details from them.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide "
Thanks, it would be nice to get a clarification on this. I also didn't get the 1000 pts/night bonus (should be 5000 in my case).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.