Wiki Posts
Search

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2010, 8:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by theblakefish
The Westin Seattle is outstanding, and used to be the flagship of the old Western International chain when they were based in SEA. :-:
Haven't stayed there, but usually FTers ended up there on Fri nights at the SeaDos, and can attest to the appletinis & lemondrops being EXCELLENT

Cheers.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 12:51 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Haven't stayed there, but usually FTers ended up there on Fri nights at the SeaDos, and can attest to the appletinis & lemondrops being EXCELLENT

Cheers.
Do you know of any places where they make Appletinis & Lemondrops where they are not excellent?
Old Jun 5, 2010, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by cova
What is the location of all of the events at IAH, including the FT awards?
We expect that the IAH Sheraton will be the official hotel and that any transportation necessary will be provided to/from that location. When we are in a position to confirm the announcement will be made. Asking repeatedly will not speed up that process in any way.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by alex0683de
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.4; Series60/5.0 NokiaN97-4/11.0.102; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1) AppleWebKit/525 (KHTML, like Gecko) BrowserNG/7.1.4)

Thank you for the update Oliver!

Since you mentioned the $100 deposit, can you already give us a rough idea of when the rest of the fees/fares will become due? Since it can add up to decent chunk of change, this information would be helpful for liquidity planning purposes.
* Did we get an answer on this? It's something I'd be interested in knowing as well, given the cost of the trip - especially for those considering doing both Europe & US - and liquidity planning purposes.

Originally Posted by Pat+
A suggestion: like last year, could you publish a list of participants and flights/routings, as folks fill in the form and sign up? The list doesn't need to mention names/handles; I'm just curious to see how many of us are considering the LX, OS and CO options.

Considering that the price of outbound LX/OS + inbound CO in business is roughly equivalent to the price of LH business r/t, and considering that I have yet to try the LX and CO products (where as I've flown LH C too many times and it's very unlikely we'll see an A380) I'd love to go for the non-LH options, but I want to make sure there will be enough other fellow FTers on these flights.

Also considering that LX and OS depart earlier than LH from JFK, details on any planned events at JFK would be appreciated (just snacks at the lounge, or more?)
* I haven't decided yet re: TATL & which airline to take, but I'm interested in the answers to Pat's questions as well.

Cheers.
* My bad. It was the W, not the Westin, for the fab appletinis/lemondrops, but I have no doubt the Sheraton (or wherever we end up) & the subsequent partying will have drinks to satisfy us all

Cheers.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 11:37 am

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
* My bad. It was the W, not the Westin, for the fab appletinis/lemondrops, but I have no doubt the Sheraton (or wherever we end up) & the subsequent partying will have drinks to satisfy us all
The Westin, Sheraton, and W are all within 3-5 blocks of each other, you can walk between any of them in five minutes and Seattle is a walking city.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 3:46 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
If the group rez is at The W Seattle, then The Renaissance Seattle Hotel is only 0.10 mile away. If it is The W, then I would probably stay at The Renaissance, since they have always treated me nicely there, and it is a beautiful hotel.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 3:52 pm

Folks, we won't know specifically which hotel it is in SEA until the organizers announce it!!

I just happened to mention that a particular property had nice drinkies, based on some Sea-Do experiences. That was NOT intended (especially since I got the hotel wrong at first!) to indicate that that was the hotel the Do would be staying at!

And truly if folk are staying at other properties than the official Do properties, I would hazard a guess the Do organizers don't really care where you're at & certainly won't have it on their spreadsheet.

As long as you're there when the bus is ready to take off for various activities they'll be fine & they won't wait for you if you're late. Heck, they probably won't wait for you if you actually stay at the Do hotels & are late.

Cheers.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 4:03 pm

Sorry, but I did say "IF!"
Old Jun 6, 2010, 4:36 pm

Programs: LH SEN/*G
I might book FRA-IAH on CO47 // SEA-EWR-BRS with CO then.

Is anyone else going to fly on CO from FRA-IAH, or will I be on my lonesome....
Old Jun 6, 2010, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by BristolTraveller
I might book FRA-IAH on CO47 // SEA-EWR-BRS with CO then.

Is anyone else going to fly on CO from FRA-IAH, or will I be on my lonesome....
I think there are some other folk who have either booked or were hoping to book CO47, so don't think you'll be on your lonesome.

Although I'm facing a similar situation if I decide not to fly via JFK on the outbound & instead go LAX-FRA. Well in fairness there is one FTer who will be on the flight but she rarely drinks & sleeps right away She's a good friend of mine, so I can kid her like this. Any other FTers going from LAX?

Cheers.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 4:50 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
... Well in fairness there is one FTer who will be on the flight but she rarely drinks & sleeps right away .... Any other FTers going from LAX?

Cheers.
I knew you weren't talking about me!

I'm considering LAX but haven't figured out anything for sure.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by lili
I knew you weren't talking about me!

I'm considering LAX but haven't figured out anything for sure.
lili my darling, I sat next to you from ORD-EWR on StarMegado1. I don't recall you drinking soda or sleeping

We've got 'til noon Fri to decide on routing I think. I'm torn. On the one hand, partying a lot w/ FTers in JFK on the outbound would be tres fun, but then again more miles from LAX & cheaper to get to LAX than JFK from my location (go figure). Maybe we can get some of the west coast folk to go out of LAX & we'll start our own party (although granted, not the same w/o tommy et al).

Cheers.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 5:10 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
lili my darling, I sat next to you from ORD-EWR on StarMegado1. I don't recall you drinking soda or sleeping

We've got 'til noon Fri to decide on routing I think. I'm torn. On the one hand, partying a lot w/ FTers in JFK on the outbound would be tres fun, but then again more miles from LAX & cheaper to get to LAX than JFK from my location (go figure). Maybe we can get some of the west coast folk to go out of LAX & we'll start our own party (although granted, not the same w/o tommy et al).

Cheers.
That flight was stocked with Level vodka, so it would be just wrong to ask for diet coke.

Is there actually an option to start from LAX (or anywhere except JFK)?
Old Jun 6, 2010, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by lili
That flight was stocked with Level vodka, so it would be just wrong to ask for diet coke.

Is there actually an option to start from LAX (or anywhere except JFK)?
* Well dat true re: the vodka. I do remember us having a few (thank you tommy!).

* I 'think' you can start from wherever LH flies in the US-FRA (you might have to get there on the feeder fare if you're not based in said city), although most will be starting in JFK. But now that the 380 is out of the picture, LH/LX/OS out of JFK become options (who's thinking of doing LX/OS - raise hands!) or perhaps the LHXX-FRA from dif parts of the country on the group fare.

Cheers.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 6:11 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Since the last two pages appear to be about hotel cocktails, other hotels people know in these cities and vodka, can we have an update on flights ex-Europe, please?

I prefer not to bug people, but I can't be glued to this thread.

1. Are you going to be posting the fares ex-Europe in the next couple of days? Including whether we can add a feeder flight. Or at least let us know when LH said they will get back to you, please.

2. Are you going to change the date when the booking process opens?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.