Community
Wiki Posts
Search

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2010, 1:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.2; U; Series60/3.1 NokiaE71-2/300.21.012; Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

for the fters coming down' registration for t awards is at 5.30pm. Right now thry're registering industry folk, not us. Also, don't forget your i.d. To get your badge you need it.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K HH Diamond
Did UA ever give a response on if they would give bonus EQM for Tommy class??

Miles or not this is a great event
Old Nov 4, 2010, 3:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Just a gentle suggestion - could we table the which hotel was more friendly, who had better internet discussions, etc, for a later time? Those who are attending or wanted to but can't are reading this thread to hear about the cool happenings of the Do, and hotel discussions & complaints they can get in the Starwood forum

Watching the Do organizers also zooming around coordinating the FT Awards & greeting the industry guests (w/ the hotel doors opening constantly & gusting winds billowing in) & coordinating signage up, moving location of cocktail party due to winds, starting to arrange the boarding passes for tomorrow, entertainment, pictures, signing waivers, etc, reminds me that a) this is a fun trip; b) they're nuts for taking it on; c) the thousands of details in making this Do & Awards is mindboggling, and they are owed great thanks!

On a different note - those who are reading this who are on the charter who have not yet bought your raffle ticket, remember to have those US, Canadian, Australian, Euro, and presidential coins ready in the morning & on the plane! Those who have already bought raffle tickets - thank you so much. We've got great charities, great prizes, and of course a great charity raffle person (aka, me) to beat you up, er, gently encourage you to donate lots for charity - and please donate early, so I can enjoy the flights!

In true FT fashion I called one of the FTers about going to exec lounge & she said sure, but also said I have a bottle of champers in my room. Why don't we start here & move on? Me - champers - uh, ok

See everyone soon!

Cheers.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 4:46 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
So...anyone not going to the FT awards? What are you planning to do tonight?
Old Nov 4, 2010, 4:48 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Cool Shuttle Announcement

As many of you are aware, I have a certain affection for renting cars. Additionally, many of you are flying in coach tomorrow and subject to a 5AM bus call. Additionally, the DO Organizers are supporting several charities through the existing charity raffle. Unifying all these desires, I am proud to announce the availability of Marty Class Transportation from the Sheraton to IAH. For a minimum donation of $10 to our DO charities, you can sleep in an extra half hour. I will make two trips starting at 530.

I am driving a brand new <1000 miles Black Dodge Caravan and will transport you and your gear direct door to door. I do have a bad back so you will have to lift your own luggage. There are a total of 12 spots and 4 have already been reserved. Randy has generously offered to cover the cost of the van so all money raised will go directly to our charities. [Update - all spots reserved]

Shuttle Sign Up:
1. NJViking*
2. Okrogius*
3. ParanoiaTX*
4. Greg Lindsay
5. asya999
6. Mr. asya999
7. sfosolo
8. yul36
9. Richard Chen
10. Dramzan98
11. TAHKUCT
12. wijomas
* = Paid

Please post a reply if you would like to travel in Marty class as its first come first seve. Thanks again to Randy for his generosity and the organizers for their support.

Last edited by Mrp Alert; Nov 4, 2010 at 11:11 pm
Old Nov 4, 2010, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by legalalien
Open to suggestions, but otherwise I was just going to default to dinner in the restaurant downstairs.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by Top of climb
Open to suggestions, but otherwise I was just going to default to dinner in the restaurant downstairs.
Let's meet at the bar downstairs, and figure it out. Anyone bored at the awards dinner is welcome, too.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SAMSUNG-SGH-I897/I897UCJH7 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

At SFO waiting for CO 1869 to IAH.
#27 on the EUA list.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 5:38 pm

Let's meet at the bar downstairs, and figure it out. Anyone bored at the awards dinner is welcome, too.
What time were you thinking?
Old Nov 4, 2010, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by SFOTerry
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SAMSUNG-SGH-I897/I897UCJH7 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

At SFO waiting for CO 1869 to IAH.
#27 on the EUA list.
After getting to the Sheraton, go straight to the bar. We'll compensate for the lack of free booze.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by Top of climb
What time were you thinking?
7 pm? I"m at the reception right now...no id check.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K*MM, AA PP
Well, we had an interesting evening - I picked up a rental car across the street but was told I had to return to the airport as the JFK location closes at 6pm(!).

We drove to the Heights to meet some old friends for some yummy noodles (Jenni's Noodle House http://www.noodlesrock.com) and their noodles really rock!

Then after returning the car we discovered that even though the front desk at the Sheraton told us to call for a shuttle, when we did, the operator on the phone seemed very unwilling to send one for us to the rental car center.

Luckily (well, not for her) there was a nice lady there whose car needed a jump and we helped her out and she kindly offered to drive us back to the Sheraton, so all worked out well.

One of our dinner companions was extremely jealous of our day tomorrow - she basically wrote her Ph.D. thesis on something involving Boeing production of the first 777...
Old Nov 4, 2010, 8:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K*MM, AA PP
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
For a minimum donation of $10 to our DO charities, you can sleep in an extra half hour. I will make two trips starting at 530.

Shuttle Sign Up:
1. NJViking*
2. Okrogius*
3. ParanoiaTX*
4. Greg Lindsay
* = Paid

Please post a reply if you would like to travel in Marty class as its first come first seve. Thanks again to Randy for his generosity and the organizers for their support.
Mr. 999 and I would love to ride to the charter in Marty class transportation.

Shall we bring cash in the morning and how to we sign up for the second run (hey, if we can get an extra 15 minutes on top of the extra 30, we're all for that!)
Old Nov 4, 2010, 8:38 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by asya999
Mr. 999 and I would love to ride to the charter in Marty class transportation.

Shall we bring cash in the morning and how to we sign up for the second run (hey, if we can get an extra 15 minutes on top of the extra 30, we're all for that!)
Please bring cash in the morning. As for the timing, everyone would love the late departure, but we are on a time crunch so lets just relish a minimum of 30 minutes extra sleep. I ask that all Marty Class riders be downstairs at 5:30. We can Ro Sham Bo for first or second trip.

On another note, you heard it here first. The hotel is delivering sweets to our rooms right now. Enjoy the surprise when you get back to your room.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, SPG Plat
Sign me up! What a deal.

Great evening tonight. Congrats to the organizing team.

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
As many of you are aware, I have a certain affection for renting cars. Additionally, many of you are flying in coach tomorrow and subject to a 5AM bus call. Additionally, the DO Organizers are supporting several charities through the existing charity raffle. Unifying all these desires, I am proud to announce the availability of Marty Class Transportation from the Sheraton to IAH. For a minimum donation of $10 to our DO charities, you can sleep in an extra half hour. I will make two trips starting at 530.

I am driving a brand new <1000 miles Black Dodge Caravan and will transport you and your gear direct door to door. I do have a bad back so you will have to lift your own luggage. There are a total of 12 spots and 4 have already been reserved. Randy has generously offered to cover the cost of the van so all money raised will go directly to our charities.

Shuttle Sign Up:
1. NJViking*
2. Okrogius*
3. ParanoiaTX*
4. Greg Lindsay
5. asya999
6. Mr. asya999
* = Paid

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.