Wiki Posts
Search

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2010, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by Powers106
Okay, this belongs in the Starwood hotels thread, so feel free to delete it, but since I just signed up for SPG and will be going Gold (thanks to SMD2!), I was looking up my number and noticed that the Sheraton North Houston where we will be staying is part of the "Every Night Counts" promotion so it seems that you can earn double points on that stay if you sign up by October 31st (but I didn't check rate rules, ie. if group rates are excluded or something). The Seattle Westin is not participating.

Just thought I'd mention it. Cheers, Powers
For those folks staying in the Westin TS on Oct 31st: here is a bonus promo!

I think the SPG info. is relevant here with all the new SPG Golds/Plats participating in SMD2!^
Old Oct 19, 2010, 6:56 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Art234
Not sure if the email went through, I am in for the Tommy Class if still available!
It is, there are still a few seats left, so keep it coming.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 6:58 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Bundy Bear, Big Mac, Art234 invoices sent.

I will keep sending out invoices, no worries. When we are full I will just cancel the rest so we don't oversell.

14 pax have so far paid for a free middle seat, that makes it 7 seats sold ^
Old Oct 19, 2010, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Bundy Bear, Big Mac, Art234 invoices sent.

I will keep sending out invoices, no worries. When we are full I will just cancel the rest so we don't oversell.

14 pax have so far paid for a free middle seat, that makes it 7 seats sold ^
Great news!^

Any way to send this 'bonus' offer out, via e-mail, to other Y folks?@:-) There are many who don't log in to FT during the work day, or are not following this thread, -- on a regular basis!!
Old Oct 19, 2010, 7:16 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mnmag
Great news!^

Any way to send this 'bonus' offer out, via e-mail, to other Y folks?@:-) There are many who don't log in to FT during the work day, or are not following this thread, -- on a regular basis!!

Spam sent!
Old Oct 19, 2010, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Spam sent!
Thanks again for all your (& Tommy, Reb, Seth) hard work & dedication towards SMD2!^ I know it'll be another great adventure!:-:
Old Oct 19, 2010, 7:30 am

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
Tommy Class. Great!!. Let's do it every day. Is this a new Continental-United product?

I wasn't aware of it until receiving mail blast about 15 minutes ago. Replied by email asap. Hopefully, I made it in.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 7:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Love the "Tommy Class"! I had insomnia in the middle of the night but didn't check this thread, so didn't see all the folk raising their hands to upgrade to TC. Instead, while tossing & turning & deciding sheep were too boring to count , I started thinking of who I could still contact re: signing up for a $699 E seat and was going to do that this morning. But based on the positive feedback & invoices sent for Tommy Class, should I now not bother trying to get others to sign up? Please advise.

Cheers.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 7:46 am

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
Please clarify the miles on the Tommy class offer. The posting and email said

"And the mist important part: 200% RDMs and EQMs on CO and CO, F miles on LH and BD.

So if you're CO or US elite you will receive 8200 EQMs and with the 100% elite bonus that's 16.400 miles!! Even more than last year."

The 16,400 are RDMs or EQMs? I'm assuming 8200EQMs plus 16,400RDMs for a CO Plat. Is that correct?
Old Oct 19, 2010, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Love the "Tommy Class"! I had insomnia in the middle of the night but didn't check this thread, so didn't see all the folk raising their hands to upgrade to TC. Instead, while tossing & turning & deciding sheep were too boring to count , I started thinking of who I could still contact re: signing up for a $699 E seat and was going to do that this morning. But based on the positive feedback & invoices sent for Tommy Class, should I now not bother trying to get others to sign up? Please advise.

Cheers.
We are saving a few seats in Economy for sale so more will have the chance to join the party

So if you're CO or US elite you will receive 8200 EQMs and with the 100% elite bonus that's 16.400 miles!! Even more than last year."
[/I]

The 16,400 are RDMs or EQMs? I'm assuming 8200EQMs plus 16,400RDMs for a CO Plat. Is that correct?[/QUOTE]

Correct
Old Oct 19, 2010, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Ok we now have 23 paid tommy class and about 20 invoices still out there, so I will hold off on sending out invoices for now, but please keep your 'i want tommy class' mails coming, I will do another batch of invoices tonite if seats are left.

Last edited by oliver2002; Oct 19, 2010 at 8:31 am Reason: clarification on tommy class invoices
Old Oct 19, 2010, 9:05 am

Programs: UA MM *G, AA EXP, OW Emerald, Hyatt Globalist, Gold everywhere else
Dammit. The one evening I don't check FT obsessively I miss a post like this.

Email request sent...hope I can still get the upgrade...
Old Oct 19, 2010, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I'll be a backup Tommy class - only interested if UA shows some love to the proposal. Thanks.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 9:56 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
And THIS, folks, should be proof positive to CO that some people WILL pay for E+!!!! (Or at least "Tommy Class.") Maybe the New United should just re-brand their E+ as "Tommy Class."

Hey......do those of us who ponied up for F at the get-go get suites, too?
Old Oct 19, 2010, 10:05 am

Folks,

Thank you all for your support. We have sent out 44 invoices for 22 middle seats already, about 25 have already paid.

If you have received an invoice, please pay it today.

Due to the popular demand, we might open an adittonal 6 spots, so if you are interested, there might still be a few spots left.

If you want to book Tommy Class, please email us at [email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.