Reload this Page >

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2010, 1:26 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
yes, got that, but you need to update you entries in the website database otherwise it will keep popping up in the batch uploads I do to LH for ticketing!!!
Old Oct 12, 2010, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
Originally Posted by oliver2002
We are still waiting for payment from the following:

SFOMo

and 5 more, who have informed me of the reasons why payment is late.
Payment was made for SFOMo on Oct 8 - please contact me if you cannot locate it.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 3:14 pm

Programs: AC SE

fly-yul_p1
I signed up and paid for myself and _p1 within a 5 minute window. I have the paypay confirmations for both payments. Both came from the same paypal account. Can you please double check your records and please remove me from the deadbeat list ?
Old Oct 12, 2010, 6:30 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Marriott LT Platinum
StarmegaDO update

As a StarmegaDO virgin, I am unclear on how the hotel reservations work? I signed up last Saturday for this great excursion, and I chose the two hotel options for IAH Sheraton the 4th and SEA Westin the 5th. How or when will there be confirmation that I actually have a reservation?

I can't wait to meet all you great FTr's!
Old Oct 12, 2010, 6:35 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by fly-yul
I signed up and paid for myself and _p1 within a 5 minute window. I have the paypay confirmations for both payments. Both came from the same paypal account. Can you please double check your records and please remove me from the deadbeat list ?
A Canadian deadbeat, eh?

Oliver is sleeping over there in Germany. I will make sure he updates and double checks..
Old Oct 12, 2010, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by smcmona
As a StarmegaDO virgin, I am unclear on how the hotel reservations work? I signed up last Saturday for this great excursion, and I chose the two hotel options for IAH Sheraton the 4th and SEA Westin the 5th. How or when will there be confirmation that I actually have a reservation?

I can't wait to meet all you great FTr's!
The check boxes were so we could know how many rooms were needed when negotiating with the hotels. You need to log into the private site and select Booking->Accommodations. Then, select the hotel you wish to book from the list and you will be taken to a page that has our special rate. If you have problems, PM or email me for assistance.

Xyzzy
Old Oct 12, 2010, 6:40 pm

Anyone coming to the party?? :P

Folks,

It looks like we only have 85 Star Mega DO participants that has signed up for the FT Awards... We have 200 spots reserved exclusively to SMD participants and only 50 seats for regular FTers (the regular FT block is almost sold out)

If you are planning to join the party, please RSVP as soon as you can or we will release the reserved SMD seats to the general FTer members soon.

RSVP here: http://www.ftawards.com/rsvp/

Thank you!
Old Oct 12, 2010, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AA, DL, BA, LH
Originally Posted by tommy777
Just had a call with the crew this morning and I have to tell you, we have tried everything and I regret going for a 757-300 to accommodate as many as possible. If we had gone with a 737-900, we would have been full, but oversold by 15 seats. So we are stuck between the two aircraft types like I feared earlier.

After removing unresponsive people who has actually paid a 100USD deposit, and received several last minute cancellations, all the sign ups we have received the last couple of days, have gone to replace all cancellations and we still have around 30 seats open...

This means we are at this point loosing money on the charter for an event that lets you meet 6 airline CEOs, walk around the factory floor at Boeing among many other cool things you can't do anywhere else

Yes, there will be an event, don't worry about that, but it kind of stinks that after all this work putting together an amazing program, almost 20 people who have guaranteed their seat with 100USD now back out and we are few thousand dollars in the hole.. At this point, we should focus on the fun ahead and instead the organizers have to scramble to get to 196 paid participants needed, we are now at 184..

So if there will be an event again, lesson learned, money need to be paid months in advance.

If you are on the charter, I will offer you a 100USD discount per person you get to sign up and pay from today and for the next couple of weeks.

Send us an email at [email protected] if you do a referral and we will give you a 100 dollar bill at the DO as a thank you for the help

Please help us scramble so we can get the last 12 people needed put this baby to bed.
First, I want to say that I think that you and the other organizers have put together a fantastic program which I am excited about and looking forward to!! ^^^

While it can be a bit nerve wracking at the moment, I think that if we can motivate and mobilize the people following this thread we should be able to get the additional 12 people needed to break-even or reach sellout.

I applaud your get a passenger, get a $100 promotion. Is there some *A perk/prize or DO perk/prize you could offer to the person who gets the most passengers signed up? My impression is that this can be a competitive group especially where miles and perks are concerned.

I think it could help if you changed post #1 to indent or use a different color for the days up to Nov 3 to highlight their optional nature.

I think it could also help if there was more detail about what our day at CO and US entail, is it meeting with execs, going down the emergency slide? The more detail/certainty you're willing to provide, I think the more comfortable/willing people will be in booking if they have a better idea of what they're getting.

Again, ^^^ to the organizers, you've taken on a huge job and as someone who's signed up, I think you're doing a great job!!!
Old Oct 12, 2010, 7:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Folks,

It looks like we only have 85 Star Mega DO participants that has signed up for the FT Awards... We have 200 spots reserved exclusively to SMD participants and only 50 seats for regular FTers (the regular FT block is almost sold out)

If you are planning to join the party, please RSVP as soon as you can or we will release the reserved SMD seats to the general FTer members soon.

Thank you!
Make it an e-blast. (I'd recommend the same re: payment). A lot of folk are on the road & figuring that if they signed up for everything up front they don't really need to check stuff much before the Do.

Also a lot of people didn't realize that they needed to update 'edit data' to put what they were signing up for & thought their initial sign-up covered it. I didn't at first, & others ran into the same thing. It was mentioned recently in this thread, but you might want to do a reminder in an e-blast.

The e-blast goes to everyone's email & thus isn't dependent upon them checking into the StarMegaDo-size thread re: StarMegado.

Cheers.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist

LN-TDK
mccartneys
Expedient
SavvyTraveller
Robbiedeluxe
SFOMo
MileageAddict
fly-yul_p1
jluke82
mikimoto
weltspion
unclejed_p01
Mrp Alert
Brituchenite
carledwards

and 5 more, who have informed me of the reasons why payment is late.
Aaaaagh! I'm on the wall of shame, even though I did send an email a couple of weeks ago explaining my situation and received a message back

Anyhoo.... I am definitely coming, and I have been tryinig all day to make payment via the website. I am very frustrated as once I put in all my payment details the screen just hangs. I made contact with xyzzy regarding this.

I am not a deadbeat - honest injun I'm not.....
Old Oct 12, 2010, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Folks,

Thank you!
I am going to SMD2 and have just RSVP'd and paid.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 8:01 pm

finally, finally, finally I managed to get the payment to go through.

Not without a lot of frustration and exasperation, and the help of an IT help desk here at the hotel, but at least I am no longer a deadbeat ...
Old Oct 12, 2010, 8:47 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Marriott LT Platinum
Many thanks!

I now have rooms. Can't wait to meet everyone.

Originally Posted by xyzzy
The check boxes were so we could know how many rooms were needed when negotiating with the hotels. You need to log into the private site and select Booking->Accommodations. Then, select the hotel you wish to book from the list and you will be taken to a page that has our special rate. If you have problems, PM or email me for assistance.

Xyzzy
Old Oct 12, 2010, 9:00 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Platinum, UA 1k, HH Silver, BonVoy Platinum
For trying to find the last remaining passengers, I find it a little curious given the connection with Randy, etc., that you don't have any banner ads on the flyertalk site (even a blurb on the home page, ie. in place of the "poll") and even nothing on the InsideFlyer.com site that I could see. Maybe you could try to get something there (for free...?)?
Old Oct 12, 2010, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by Brituchenite
finally, finally, finally I managed to get the payment to go through.

Not without a lot of frustration and exasperation, and the help of an IT help desk here at the hotel, but at least I am no longer a deadbeat ...
Sorry about that. It seems like our CFO did not have them most up to date "wall of shame". Your payment from Nigeria is received

Deadbeat list will be updated tomorrow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.