Reload this Page >

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2010, 9:23 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Someone83
I'm probably one of those Credit card got rejected (got an email from LH today), but updated my credit card details with another card on starmegado.com an hour ago, so should be OK
nope, you are one of the people who actually responded. ^
Old Oct 12, 2010, 10:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
For those doing TATL on paid tickets, you may want to contact LH to ensure they have your FF# in your record. I just checked w/ them & my UA # wasn't in the record, so I had them add it.
No reason to worry about this until you're actually at the airport in a couple weeks.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 11:46 am

Programs: OnePass Platinum, Starwood Platinum, Avis First, Hilton Silver, Marriott Platinum
Newbie question... How will tickets/BPs be handle for the CO Charter? Will those be paper tickets or electronic BPs or ... ?

Just curious. Thanks!

(Thanks for posting some pics from last year. CAN. NOT. WAIT!!!)
Old Oct 12, 2010, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by COFlyerCLE
Newbie question... How will tickets/BPs be handle for the CO Charter? Will those be paper tickets or electronic BPs or ... ?

Just curious. Thanks!

(Thanks for posting some pics from last year. CAN. NOT. WAIT!!!)
There were paper BPs last year!
Old Oct 12, 2010, 12:31 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Its for those flying across the pond, since you are not doing that, nothing for you to get worried about.
Of course I am flying across the pond, I just got my tix using FF miles. I'm in F on LH 405, and Y on LH 440. Do I need to worry about the PDF now?
Old Oct 12, 2010, 12:42 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Yes, make sure you data is in the reservation. Call US DM and ask them for the LH Amadeus record locator of your US Shares booking.
Then go to http://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/My-Bo...king%20summary and enter the locator in the right side under 'retrieve single booking'

Once the reservation loads, enter the passport data. LH needs this data 72h before departure under the new TSA SFPD rules that caome into force Nov 1.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 12:44 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Status on bookings

Just had a call with the crew this morning and I have to tell you, we have tried everything and I regret going for a 757-300 to accommodate as many as possible. If we had gone with a 737-900, we would have been full, but oversold by 15 seats. So we are stuck between the two aircraft types like I feared earlier.

After removing unresponsive people who has actually paid a 100USD deposit, and received several last minute cancellations, all the sign ups we have received the last couple of days, have gone to replace all cancellations and we still have around 30 seats open...

This means we are at this point loosing money on the charter for an event that lets you meet 6 airline CEOs, walk around the factory floor at Boeing among many other cool things you can't do anywhere else

Yes, there will be an event, don't worry about that, but it kind of stinks that after all this work putting together an amazing program, almost 20 people who have guaranteed their seat with 100USD now back out and we are few thousand dollars in the hole.. At this point, we should focus on the fun ahead and instead the organizers have to scramble to get to 196 paid participants needed, we are now at 184..

So if there will be an event again, lesson learned, money need to be paid months in advance.

If you are on the charter, I will offer you a 100USD discount per person you get to sign up and pay from today and for the next couple of weeks.

Send us an email at [email protected] if you do a referral and we will give you a 100 dollar bill at the DO as a thank you for the help

Please help us scramble so we can get the last 12 people needed put this baby to bed.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

We are still waiting for payment from the following:

LN-TDK
mccartneys
Expedient
SavvyTraveller
Robbiedeluxe
SFOMo
MileageAddict
fly-yul_p1
jluke82
mikimoto
weltspion
unclejed_p01
Mrp Alert
Brituchenite
carledwards

and 5 more, who have informed me of the reasons why payment is late.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess

LN-TDK
mccartneys
Expedient
SavvyTraveller
Robbiedeluxe
SFOMo
MileageAddict
fly-yul_p1
jluke82
mikimoto
weltspion
unclejed_p01
Mrp Alert
Brituchenite
carledwards

This is quite distressing! Are they not responding to e-mails?
Old Oct 12, 2010, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by mnmag
This is quite distressing! Are they not responding to e-mails?
In their defense, some of them are fairly new, so I expect this list to be a lot smaller.

We have removed a significant amount of unresponsive people that are not on this list.

Let's not focus on that, let's try to get 12 more on board!
Old Oct 12, 2010, 1:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I heard via another FTer that MrpAlert has been out of the country & they think he's just returned.

I already convinced someone to sign up, but will go out & pound the pavement looking for some more.

Cheers.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 1:13 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Have you had any correspondence from Timboy219?
Old Oct 12, 2010, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by USirritated
Have you had any correspondence from Timboy219?
No, just checked the airbusdo@gmail account.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 1:15 pm

Folks, let's not focus on this list. If you know someone who are on it and they are out of the country, please alert them as soon as possible. It would be very helpful, but let's not discuss in the thread

Thank you
Old Oct 12, 2010, 1:25 pm

Programs: CoFounder and Chairman, FFOCUS (Frequent Flyers Organized and concerned about Unacceptable Service.

LN-TDK
mccartneys
Expedient
SavvyTraveller
Robbiedeluxe
SFOMo
MileageAddict
fly-yul_p1
jluke82
mikimoto
weltspion
unclejed_p01
Mrp Alert
Brituchenite
carledwards

Just confirming you received my information regarding the TATL part--Unfortunately I will be missing Frankfurt due to a sudden change in work schedule.
See everyone in IAH Wednesday though!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.