Reload this Page >

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2010, 10:39 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by seacarl
Can one of the organizers confirm whether the full 4031 miles will be credited to UA without having to fly back to IAH?

And the question about BIS million miler credit for UA vs. CO?
The full 4031 will go to all. No clue about the BIS stuff, I think its not that important?
Old Oct 8, 2010, 12:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
As the start of the Do gets closer, maybe we can get a roll-call or list somewhere for those who will be at the Sun night event & also who might want to share a cab or car service out to JFK the next day from Times Square area.

I had planned on doing the subway/Airtrain combo out to JFK (think that's about $7-9 a.i.), but if there are enough people going from TS we could possibly split cab/car service for perhaps not much more, or if not, then just do a congo line on the subway/Airtrain

Cheers.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 12:23 pm

And the question about BIS million miler credit for UA vs. CO?
This is just a guess, but I'd be surprised if either airline is counting it towards MM BIS since it's a special charter. I'd say the 4,031 is probably as good as you're going to get. If it were me I'd plan on it not counting & then just be pleasantly surprised/happy if it did, but I wouldn't factor it into my MM. I'm already at MM+, but if I hadn't been that would be my take on it.

Cheers.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 3:58 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by margarita girl
I signed up for the Frequent Traveler Awards dinner, and there was nowhere to confirm dietary restrictions (I'm a vegetarian). However I did make my restrictions known as an allergy on the mega do profile section. (It's a life and death situation. If I eat meat, an animal must die.) Will dietary restrictions be transmitted to the hotel for the Awards dinner?

TIA
No worries. The buffet offerings are very nice and there are plenty of options for you.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 4:05 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Payments

Folks,

As of right now there are 19 people who have signed up and paid the deposit, but who have not paid the balance due.

11 has signed up and not paid the deposit. that's a total of 30 people, or over 22K USD that we are missing to pay Continental for the charter. The payment is due to Continental next Friday, on October 15th.

If you are one of the participants that has not paid, please do so as soon as possible and by end of business on Tuesday at the latest of you will loose your seat and your deposit.

Thank you for your attention to this urgent matter.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 4:56 pm

Programs: CO Plat, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Diamond, CO Pres. Plus, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
No worries. We will try to linger over our ribs. I do have to be back at the Sheraton at 3 PM, however, and since my brother will probably have to leave at 2 PM, I would be willing to share a cab back to the hotel when we finish.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Great. See you there. Happy to share a cab back with you.

Again, if anyone arrives in IAH around the same time as me, 1:40PM, & wants to share a cab to BBQ, let me know.

As I can attest from the Austin BBQ Do, William does know his Q.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
William - can you get some take-out Q and leave it for us at the front desk for when we arrive around 11:30pm?
Old Oct 8, 2010, 6:09 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The full 4031 will go to all. No clue about the BIS stuff, I think its not that important?
Hey, we're FT'ers, and if I can make sure the 4031 count toward the next MM level, I will make the effort to do so.

Since UA & CO will merge these, if there is a difference in how they will be treated would be useful to know. I've already re-qual'd as 1K so I don't need the EQMs as much as the MM
Old Oct 8, 2010, 6:13 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
As the start of the Do gets closer, maybe we can get a roll-call or list somewhere for those who will be at the Sun night event & also who might want to share a cab or car service out to JFK the next day from Times Square area.

I had planned on doing the subway/Airtrain combo out to JFK (think that's about $7-9 a.i.), but if there are enough people going from TS we could possibly split cab/car service for perhaps not much more, or if not, then just do a congo line on the subway/Airtrain
If you come to JFK much, there's a 10-trip ticket on the airtrain for $25. It says it is only good for six months, but mine came on a Metrocard with expiration in 12 months, and it kept working for that long. So if you can use it more than six times in a year, the 10-trip card is worth it.

The E train to Jamaica is at 42nd St/8th Ave, so it's an easy trip to Airtrain.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 4:10 am

Programs: DL 1MM Platinum, UA 1k, HH Silver, BonVoy Platinum
Originally Posted by tommy777
Folks,

As of right now there are 19 people who have signed up and paid the deposit, but who have not paid the balance due.

11 has signed up and not paid the deposit. that's a total of 30 people, or over 22K USD that we are missing to pay Continental for the charter. The payment is due to Continental next Friday, on October 15th.

If you are one of the participants that has not paid, please do so as soon as possible and by end of business on Tuesday at the latest of you will loose your seat and your deposit.

Thank you for your attention to this urgent matter.
Okay, I just got it done... so that is one less passenger you have to worry about!
Old Oct 9, 2010, 4:35 am

If you come to JFK much, there's a 10-trip ticket on the airtrain for $25. It says it is only good for six months, but mine came on a Metrocard with expiration in 12 months, and it kept working for that long. So if you can use it more than six times in a year, the 10-trip card is worth it.
FWIW, I just read on the Port Authority web site that the 10 trip airtrain ticket is, in fact, good for 365 days. But I guess they print them on metro cards, which have a shorter expiration date when they aren't used for the 10-trip airtrain card.

I assumed I would just take a cab from the hotel to Penn Station; LIRR to Jamaica; then Airtrain. I have no idea which entrances/exits to/from the subway have escalators these days, and I sure don't want to get stuck carrying my bags up/down multiple flights of stairs. Anyway, we'll figure it out when we're there. It's not a big deal and certainly nothing to worry about.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Oct 9, 2010 at 4:51 am
Old Oct 9, 2010, 4:58 am

Can you guys wrangle any sort of extension on the group rate for the Westin in Seattle?

I have never been to Seattle and am not sure exactly what is planned for the night of the 5th .... but are there any other "budget-friendly" hotels in the area that wouldn't be terribly inconvenient? Now the Westin is showing $225 including taxes.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 6:58 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Powers106
Can you guys wrangle any sort of extension on the group rate for the Westin in Seattle?

I have never been to Seattle and am not sure exactly what is planned for the night of the 5th .... but are there any other "budget-friendly" hotels in the area that wouldn't be terribly inconvenient? Now the Westin is showing $225 including taxes.
+1

FYI I was able to find a AAA rate of 199 that you can cancel without penalty.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by fly-yul
+1

FYI I was able to find a AAA rate of 199 that you can cancel without penalty.
i found one through my old employee union bank at $127 (scorecardrewards) but didn't pull the trigger yet, so not sure if that includes everything...

Still searching for the deal...October 6th cutoff was pretty tight, no? I mean, the other hotel offered it until November 2nd, the day before...
Old Oct 9, 2010, 1:42 pm

Hopefully SEA rate can be extended for those just signing up! But if it can't, my recommendation is to check out www.skyscanner.net (which is showing a lot of downtown properties at reasonable prices), or www.kayak.com.

Obviously it's preferable to stay at the main hotel, but if it's now $200+, downtown SEA isn't that large that other properties wouldn't be easy walking distance. AFAIK it's safe to walk in downtown SEA or at least around the main hotels.

Remember: some chains require you to book through their websites to get points/stay credit, so keep that in mind when checking other portals. If rates are comparable, then going through your chain's website makes the most sense. If the rate is really cheap, you might be willing to give up points/stay credit. To each their own.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.