FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   Will you help me collect (clean) airsickness bags for my son's B'day? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1049311-will-you-help-me-collect-clean-airsickness-bags-my-sons-bday.html)

Helena Handbaskets Feb 7, 2010 1:53 pm

Will you help me collect (clean) airsickness bags for my son's B'day?

My son will be 5 years old soon, and he's an aviation nut (wonder where he got that gene). This is the one who, when he had just learned to talk, woke up from a nap and as I was carrying him down the stairs, said, "Take me to Paris."

He's thrilled that my wife has arranged to have his birthday party at our small regional airport. In keeping with the theme, my wife thought it would be fun to give out take-home treats to the attendees in genuine airline air-sickness bags. I told her I thought I knew some people who'd help us get some of those bags.

We only need about a dozen bags, since the tour of the general aviation hanger limits the number of kids we can invite. But if you think of it, and you're able to snag a bag or two in the next week or so, would you mind sending it to us for the party? If so, simply send me a PM and I'll send you the address. The party's on Feb. 20th, and I don't have any flights before then, or I'd collect them myself.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

(ahem... UNused bags only, please!) ;)

msv Feb 7, 2010 2:26 pm

In case you don't get enough response here is a place that sells them individually.

jms_uk Feb 7, 2010 2:55 pm

You have PM.

mikeef Feb 8, 2010 10:09 am

Maybe a poster for his room?

Mike

mcubed Feb 8, 2010 10:25 am

I think your idea for the air sick bags as treat sacks is hilarious! I love it! What are you going to fill them with?

It would be fun to fill them with some of the things you would get in an amenity pack, but more kid friendly:

a pencil w/ airplanes on it?

kid socks

pack of pretzels?

Plastic airplanes or maybe pilot wings?

Have fun. What a great party theme!

Helena Handbaskets Feb 9, 2010 11:43 am

Thanks for the assistance so far... just need a few more (if the offers to date arrive in time).

It's been suggested that this thread might get more traction in the CommunityBuzz forum. I may ask a mod to move it.

obscure2k Feb 9, 2010 12:06 pm

I used to pack my kids' lunches in those bags. They loved taking them to school.

pinkcat Feb 9, 2010 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by mcubed (Post 13349282)
I think your idea for the air sick bags as treat sacks is hilarious! I love it! What are you going to fill them with?

It would be fun to fill them with some of the things you would get in an amenity pack, but more kid friendly:

a pencil w/ airplanes on it?

kid socks

pack of pretzels?

Plastic airplanes or maybe pilot wings?

Have fun. What a great party theme!

Yup, brilliant idea, I hope the pther kiddies parents have a sense of humour!

stevebo Feb 9, 2010 5:57 pm

If you join the following group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/barfbags/ and post your request, you will get all kinds of barfbags.

Steve

JerryFF Feb 12, 2010 12:40 pm

Why not just go to your local airport, go up to an unbusy ticket counter, and ask the agent for a big favor - explain what it is for. I'll bet they'll get a big laugh and be happy to go in the back and find some.

obscure2k Feb 12, 2010 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Helena Handbaskets (Post 13357120)
Thanks for the assistance so far... just need a few more (if the offers to date arrive in time).

It's been suggested that this thread might get more traction in the CommunityBuzz forum. I may ask a mod to move it.

I am moving this thread to the Community Buzz Forum.
Please follow there.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator

Helena Handbaskets Feb 16, 2010 10:25 am

Last chance if anyone else would be willing to help out. I still could use another couple of bags or so.

ShopAround Feb 16, 2010 7:18 pm

I'm on a DL flight now; just grabbed the bag from the seat pocket in front of me and will ask the FA if she has more.

ShopAround Feb 16, 2010 7:35 pm

Just got a bunch more from the lavatory (hope no one gets sick on my flight!). Will PM you when I'm on the ground to see where to send them.

jms_uk Feb 21, 2010 7:18 am

How did party go?

Got enough bags in time?