FTers Who Are Themselves Celebrities

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FTers Who Are Themselves Celebrities

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2010, 10:40 am

Programs: AAdvantage
This is hilarious, since everyone else is doing it...I was on an episode of Texas Country Reporter when I was a kid, since I grew up in a small Texas town! I was really excited at the time.

http://www.texascountryreporter.com/
Old Jan 14, 2010, 2:33 pm

Programs: CO-Silver, Hertz, Marriott Silver, Hilton
I was in a Monster.com commercial a few years ago. The commercial involved a bunch of real people looking for jobs on the board. I was unemployed at the time, and the timing worked out great.

During that period of unemployment I was also one of the four demo players in a half-hour segment on doubles strategy for the Tennis Channel.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 4:02 pm

Programs: CO Platinum, CO Million Miler, Starwood Platinum
A family of famous folks

My husband (Vulcan), our son, and our son-in-law were all extras in A Beautiful Mind. You can see our son-in-law in the audience of the Nobel Prize presentation part - talking to a beutiful blond to his left. Boy was he in trouble when his wife saw it in the movies.

I previously was mayor of my town.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 8:35 pm

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
Maybe reading this thread earlier this afternoon spurred some sort of karma... I just got a call this evening to appear on Jeopardy!

The taping is next month... obviously don't know when it will air yet.

Greg
Old Jan 14, 2010, 8:39 pm

Quite of few of us were captured in the cameras during the Star Mega Do and later screened to many on CNN.

Not only did the footage capture me, but they got my face.....
Old Jan 15, 2010, 9:09 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by dibby
I was a contestant on Jeopardy. Unfortunately, I am not Ken Jennings!
Good luck, GregL; remember, don't push the button too early or you'll lock yourself out.

I was a Jeopardy champion back in 1988 (no, I'm not Ken Jennings either) and I'm visible for about five seconds if you look over Clint Eastwood's shoulder at the right point in In the Line of Fire. (The French Embassy party scene about a third of the way into the movie. I'm in a tux talking with a woman in a cocktail dress and a guy in a French general's uniform while drinking flat ginger ale that was playing the role of champagne.)
Old Jan 15, 2010, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by greggwiggins
Good luck, GregL; remember, don't push the button too early or you'll lock yourself out.

I was a Jeopardy champion back in 1988 (no, I'm not Ken Jennings either) and I'm visible for about five seconds if you look over Clint Eastwood's shoulder at the right point in In the Line of Fire. (The French Embassy party scene about a third of the way into the movie. I'm in a tux talking with a woman in a cocktail dress and a guy in a French general's uniform while drinking flat ginger ale that was playing the role of champagne.)
Jeopardy Champion -- now that sounds like a fun experience! Cheers to that...
Old Jan 15, 2010, 4:02 pm

Programs: US3, WN, UA, AA, CO
I also appeared on Jeopardy!...

and just missed being in the episode shown in the movie "Groundhog Day" by two or three days.

Good Luck, GregL!
Old Jan 15, 2010, 9:22 pm

Programs: Epistemology
Love Street

I dropped acid with Jimi Hendrix.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 10:17 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat by proxy, Sephora VIB, I have a low AA FF#...
You might see me on TV during UConn basketball games, but I haven't been to many lately. I was on TV during the UConn-Duke game at Madison Square Garden the day after Thanksgiving. I was in the second row directly to the left of the basket.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 9:17 am

I'm taking the on-line Jeopardy test next week!
Old Jan 16, 2010, 2:05 pm

Programs: AC, UA, HH, MR, and the other usual suspects
Originally Posted by GregL
Maybe reading this thread earlier this afternoon spurred some sort of karma... I just got a call this evening to appear on Jeopardy!

The taping is next month... obviously don't know when it will air yet.

Greg
Congrats on getting the call. Good luck and have fun - it's a good time regardless of the outcome.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by CME Flyer
My husband (Vulcan), our son, and our son-in-law were all extras in A Beautiful Mind. You can see our son-in-law in the audience of the Nobel Prize presentation part - talking to a beutiful blond to his left. Boy was he in trouble when his wife saw it in the movies.

I previously was mayor of my town.
Off course it would be your son-in-law and not your son.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by the_happiness_store
Off course it would be your son-in-law and not your son.
And when you say "a beautiful blond", you are referring to her mind as being beautiful, correct?
Old Jan 18, 2010, 10:17 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by northpole999
And when you say "a beautiful blond", you are referring to her mind as being beautiful, correct?
beautiful blonde = goalie-sis. sorry but i gotta plug (and especially where she's a black belt and "remembers being the younger sister when growing" up )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.